OT: All Purpose NCAA Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
DVR'd college game day, to see the signs. Two Gritty mentions by signs, and had a spot on a segment. Gosh this mascot is our new god.

Anyhow, saw the post about Clemson, HA! Half way through the 4th, and they're down 3 at home. Magic may be running out in SC.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Rutgers going into the Big 10 was pretty much the stupidest thing ever. They pretty much destroyed their entire athletics programs by trying to go to a level they have no chance of getting to whatsoever. God literally created CUSA and the AAC for schools like Rutgers that are above the MAC or Sun Belt but not near the Big 10 or SEC. If they were there they could be competitive and make bowls and their program would grow. Instead they are a disaster

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Rutgers going into the Big 10 was pretty much the stupidest thing ever. They pretty much destroyed their entire athletics programs by trying to go to a level they have no chance of getting to whatsoever. God literally created CUSA and the AAC for schools like Rutgers that are above the MAC or Sun Belt but not near the Big 10 or SEC. If they were there they could be competitive and make bowls and their program would grow. Instead they are a disaster

At the end of the day it was still worth it for them & the Big Ten money wise. Obviously fans don’t give a shit about that but the higher up’s obviously do.

He inherited a dumpster fire but Chris Ash was an underwhelming hire from the get go when the rest of the Big Ten was landing home run coaching hires.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
At the end of the day it was still worth it for them & the Big Ten money wise. Obviously fans don’t give a **** about that but the higher up’s obviously do.

He inherited a dumpster fire but Chris Ash was an underwhelming hire from the get go when the rest of the Big Ten was landing home run coaching hires.
But I question that because the Rutgers athletic program is drowning in red ink and the move to the Big 10 accelerated that red ink greatly. And they are in a position where it is impossible for their program to ever be competitive, which means zero interest, which means no revenue and red ink.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
But I question that because the Rutgers athletic program is drowning in red ink and the move to the Big 10 accelerated that red ink greatly. And they are in a position where it is impossible for their program to ever be competitive, which means zero interest, which means no revenue and red ink.

From my understanding their outlook isn’t that bad as their new AD has come in cleaned up pretty well the mess that the previous administration left.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I hope we never get to stop laughing at Tennessee. It's just so much fun.

They might not win a conference game again. Already 0-1 (assuming that goes to 0-2 today) & they have @ Auburn, Alabama, @ South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, @ Vanderbilt after today.

f*** they’re 3-4 this decade against Vandy. :laugh:

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My Brave Old Army Team crushed UB at UB today. UB crushed Rutgers last week in Piscataway. Think about that for a minute. We really aren't far off from MAC schools scheduling Rutgers as their tune up opponent.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
My Brave Old Army Team crushed UB at UB today. UB crushed Rutgers last week in Piscataway. Think about that for a minute. We really aren't far off from MAC schools scheduling Rutgers as their tune up opponent.
As a Penn State fan, I am ok with this. I root for the Nittany Lions, and CHAOS. Rutgers being embarrassingly bad, poorly reflecting on the B1G (whom I have no love for,) is an extra bye week in the schedule. If Bama get's to play Mercer, then PSU playing Rutgers seems like a leveling of the playing field from 8 conf games to 9 conf games.

Also, there is hate in my heart. I do not miss the Big East, screw'em.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I was looking at the Wiki for Bob Stoops, because I was curious if they said why he left (said he just retired?), and was reminded that he only won one title. Surprising, to me at least.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I was looking at the Wiki for Bob Stoops, because I was curious if they said why he left (said he just retired?), and was reminded that he only won one title. Surprising, to me at least.

I think it was a combo of having Lincoln Riley on staff & knowing he was on the verge of getting a HC job. Stoops was also getting some heat from the media for the Joe Mixon situation (along with having some other players around that time get in trouble for hitting females).

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad