OT: All purpose NCAA thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Just trying to get a general pulse on our group here... who’s everyone’s favorite team(s).

Penn State, for me. Going to my 2nd ever PSU bowl game this year (last was 2009 Rose Bowl as a student).
I grew up a Bama fan and I'm not a front runner who likes the best teams. When I was a kid my pops was a PSU fan and my brother was a Pitt fan and I became a Bama fan, still remember the tear away jerseys and Bear Bryant standing on his platform watching practice. I even ruined our Euchre game in 91 when Bama beat Miami as I thought they had no chance.

In general though I'm just a huge college football fan and while I enjoy Bama winning at this point it doesn't even bother me if other teams win, it's good for the game. Teams I hate ND, USC, tOSU.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Not weird at all. My secondary is TCU because I enjoy the hell out of watching Patterson’s defenses. Used to be Oregon too because of Chip.
TCU was the best team in 2014 and should have got in over Bama and Baylor. I watched like 10 of their games that year and legit believe they would have won it all.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
ODU - Graduated during the CAA years. They're not a great fit in Conference USA, so I'm hoping they jump ship to another conference soon.

Georgia - Have always loved college football and never had a P5 school to root for. My wife is a Georgia grad whose entire family went there. Needless to say, Saturdays in the Fall are a big deal and everyone's pretty excited about the Kirby era. I started following them in 2010.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
OT, but I went to ODU for a weekend series once. It literally rained for 3 days straight. We somehow got a 7 inning game in. Started to play a second game and they had to call it off. I was pissed because I got a hit in that game but it didn't count because we didn't make the game up. :laugh:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
OT, but I went to ODU for a weekend series once. It literally rained for 3 days straight. We somehow got a 7 inning game in. Started to play a second game and they had to call it off. I was pissed because I got a hit in that game but it didn't count because we didn't make the game up. :laugh:
What year?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
That was 2009 I believe.
I was there then. I always wondered how the baseball facilities stacked up to the rest of the CAA/teams they played against. The program was a relative afterthought compared to football and basketball.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I was there then. I always wondered how the baseball facilities stacked up to the rest of the CAA/teams they played against. The program was a relative afterthought compared to football and basketball.
It was OK. Wasn't bad, but nothing special.

Verlander never donated?

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
OH MY, Ferris State just scored the craziest touchdown :eek:

Cot-sllQd8-I4jVt.jpeg

The guy was throwing it away :confused:
Best game of the day so far.

Edit:Not sure how to get to work

Last edited:

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I like it zero respect for UCF.

Also as a heads up for everybody else the championship game winner is just a pick em, If you get it right 20 points and 0 points if wrong just because the matchup isn't officially set.
I actually do respect them, but the Milton injury is tough to overcome, I think. They are essentially a less NFL loaded version of Penn State 68 and 69 which went back to back undefeated years without a national championship, so I do empathize with their situation.

Reactions: Asnito
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
OH MY, Ferris State just scored the craziest touchdown :eek:

View attachment 165707

The guy was throwing it away :confused:
Best game of the day so far.

Edit:Not sure how to get to work

Did you see the ref pick up that flag on the Ferris State defender? Receiver was mugged at least 2 seconds before the ball arrived.
Would of given the ball to Valpo inside the red zone up 8 with 2 and change left. Instead they had to survive a failed 2 point conversion to tie.
Dont think I have seen a flag picked up on such a egregious penalty

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
A guy from my old neighborhood (Mike McCloskey) had an infamous “catch” in 82 against Nebraska that pretty much hurt their title chances that year while propelling Penn State’s.

Normally I really can't stand Nebraska at all, but those teams with Mike Rozier and Turner Gill were pretty amazeballs. Well, those two guys were fun to watch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad