OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They've been picking all night. Bama lost this game on offense though. Couldn't convert on 3rd down.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well they sure as **** should have. You wanna cheat? Fine. Kick a field goal. Another example of the rule book not being applied.

Meh it happens every game by every team. I rather not have penalty fests. You don't like it, don't put yourself in that situation.

They very loosely enforce linemen to go past five yards down field as well. It just is what it is. Everybody knows this by now.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They did it twice. Once, fine. Twice, they're obviously doing it because they know it won't be called. That's where you make an example of them.

Well, the "best defense ever" shouldn't have to rely on picks plays to save them. They got beat, I'm still waiting for Patrick Peterson's interception to get overturned from 2009.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well, the "best defense ever" shouldn't have to rely on picks plays to save them. They got beat, I'm still waiting for Patrick Peterson's interception to get overturned from 2009.

The offense lost this game, not the defense. You're not going to win ending a game going 1/12 on Third Down. Or did they even get a first on the last one?

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Congrats to Clemson what a great game...extremely early 2017 college football polls have psu ranked #7...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Dabo knows someone named Terry Don. :laugh:

College is just a more fun game at the highest levels at this point. Man was that enjoyable.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Well they sure as **** should have. You wanna cheat? Fine. Kick a field goal. Another example of the rule book not being applied. Two of their TD's were pick plays. That's not right.

The first touchdown - the receiver turned to the QB and raised his hands to attempt a reception to a ball thrown in his direction. That's not a pick.

Second touchdown - the wr & db not targeted by the qb engaged each other, both being physical. Those two players did not touch the 2nd DB. The other DB (2nd) went "over the screen" instead of "under the screen" (basketball parlance) and that separation allowed the qb to make an uncontested pitch and catch, from a roll out on the move- which is just smart play design. Clemson was smart in finding a weakness in the Bama D and exploiting it the nonMinkah Fitzpatrick DBs. That Bama couldn't adjust, stagger the DBs, have the close guy jump any short route, and back guy play any fades, just goes to show Bama's vulernabilities.

As others have said, Bama pooped the bed on offense. They were up a comfortable 17-7 at one point and didn't drop the hammer. Clemson adjusted and began moving the ball, Bama didn't.

A boring to begin game turned into a classic post half-time.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Not sure I'd blame Bama's offense for losing the game. They did manage to score 31 points against Clemson's defense with a true freshman QB. If you had told me yesterday afternoon that they would break the 30 mark, I would would've put a lot of money on a Bama win. Bama's defense was always supposed to win this thing for them. They were supposed to be historically good, and they got lit up for 21 in the 4th quarter.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Like said above they pretty picked on guys like Tony Brown & went away from Fitzpatrick.

I don't think it's even up for debate that this was the best offense that defense faced all year by far & away.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Like said above they pretty picked on guys like Tony Brown & went away from Fitzpatrick.

I don't think it's even up for debate that this was the best offense that defense faced all year by far & away.

The injuries and transfers in their secondary finally caught up with them. Fitzpatrick played a lot safety after the Eddie Jackson injury instead of lining up outside at CB. Tony Brown should've only ever been the star, which of course Maurice Smith would've played for them this year had he not transferred to UGA.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The injuries and transfers in their secondary finally caught up with them. Fitzpatrick played a lot safety after the Eddie Jackson injury instead of lining up outside at CB. Tony Brown should've only ever been the star, which of course Maurice Smith would've played for them this year had he not transferred to UGA.

Ironically Kendal Sheffield just committed with Ohio State this afternoon.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Very few of the teams in the SEC can throw the ball effectively. That is why this Alabama defense was being hyped up as the best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad