All Purpose Media Thread

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Good to know about FUBO. We just switched internet providers to Google Fiber and will be cutting the cord soon*, kinda sorta I guess. I can live without hockey on TV since I go to the home games and tbh rarely watch broadcasts otherwise. I just keep up with scores. I like having the OPTION of watching them all, though.

*Mr Adz had a connection that required keeping Comcast temporarily but our son in law got it fixed. So we'll be hauling all our stuff to the Comcast office. Happily.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Preds preview today running on SiriusXM NHL Network, only got to catch the first 20 min, replay should be available on the app of you are a subscriber.

Reactions: Adz

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
So do we know if DTv will have the NHL on it this year? Wife would gut it all if I would let her. Only reason I keep DTv is to be able to watch Preds and UK sports here in IL. Yes I know costly but living in this Kommie wasteland there is nothing else. Not moving with family here so trying to make the best of it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think anyone knows what is going to happen and by its court filing neither does the NHL.

If I had to guess if Ballys dies the teams would produce their own show and then the NHL would work out a deal for it to be on something like ESPN+

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I don't think anyone knows what is going to happen and by its court filing neither does the NHL.

If I had to guess if Ballys dies the teams would produce their own show and then the NHL would work out a deal for it to be on something like ESPN+
I asked the midday show about this and they (Daunic I assume) responded and said that all the Preds games would be on Bally this season. I don’t know the validity of their response and haven’t found any supporting evidence of it but that’s what they said.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I asked the midday show about this and they (Daunic I assume) responded and said that all the Preds games would be on Bally this season. I don’t know the validity of their response and haven’t found any supporting evidence of it but that’s what they said.
Yeah I think that is what they are going with because it's all they have atm. The NHL stated in their filing that nothing had been worked and they may need an emergency session to get out of their deal so they can do something else.

They wouldn't have bothered with that filing if anything with Bally's was set in stone. They are apparently just now getting payments from last year and Ballys is unsure if they would be able to make next seasons payments if they carried the broadcast.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So Disney just pulled all it's channels, including ESPN from Spectrum cable while they negotiate rights fees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad