All-Purpose Joonas Korpisalo Thread

jore

Dec 26, 2007
Oh well. Good to have him back, but hard to win without scoring goals

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He looked really calm and composed last night.

Idk whether the magic has worn out of Elvis or if he was tired or what, but I think Korpi has regained the starters net.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
He looked really calm and composed last night.

Idk whether the magic has worn out of Elvis or if he was tired or what, but I think Korpi has regained the starters net.

Healthy Korpisalo > concussed Elvis for sure :P

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Healthy Korpisalo > concussed Elvis for sure :P

I think its likely that a healthy Korpisalo > Healthy Elvis. But its still a TBD.

Don't get me wrong, I think Elvis is good. But he's looked closer to October Elvis than January Elvis in the last few weeks. Again it could be due to fatigue, and maybe Korpi will fumble this chance away, but Elvis hasn't impressed me in his last 10 or so starts. (granted, the team has looked and gotten worse as well)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
No magic involved
I believe that the League has a book on Elvis, now he needs to adjust.
I think you're right. It seems, lately, when teams are shooting out from the net a bit, they are going glove side. He was strong there when he had his streak going, but lately his glove hasn't been there. I think he'll adjust and be fine.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I think its likely that a healthy Korpisalo > Healthy Elvis. But its still a TBD.

Don't get me wrong, I think Elvis is good. But he's looked closer to October Elvis than January Elvis in the last few weeks. Again it could be due to fatigue, and maybe Korpi will fumble this chance away, but Elvis hasn't impressed me in his last 10 or so starts. (granted, the team has looked and gotten worse as well)

I think Elvis’s A game is better than Korpi’s A game. I also think (at least at this stage of his career), he’s more prone to fluctuating all over the place, while Korpi is normally at a B level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad