Speculation: All Purpose John Tavares Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm excited about the prospects of getting Tavares, but what is the backup plan if this falls through. I feel like the Sharks are making this big push and I for some reason will be disappointed in the result. I hope not and maybe I need more optimism, but still.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
That would be so funny if Brodie's tweet turned out to be true - Thornton, Pavs, Couture, Burns, Vlasic, Hertl and Kane. Nice blend of old & youth. Old timers and newcomers.

I wonder if DW would allow team canada into the meeting. Could make a big statement to JT about how much management AND the players want him

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I'm excited about the prospects of getting Tavares, but what is the backup plan if this falls through. I feel like the Sharks are making this big push and I for some reason will be disappointed in the result. I hope not and maybe I need more optimism, but still.
Not sure if Mike Green would accept a 3rd pairing role, but with us not offering Demelo I could see a backup plan of signing Green and a trade for Max Pac built around Labanc.

Hertl-Couture-Patches
Kane-Thornton-Pavs
Meier-Tierney-Donskoi
Sorenson-Goodrow-karlsson

Burns-Ryan
Vlasic-Braun
Dillon-Green

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Also just meeting the Leafs today and the Sharks with the Bruins tomorrow. Wonder if thats because the Leafs have the edge? He grew up as a Leafs fan. If I had the talent and the Sharks offered me a chance to play for em it would be no contest. Surprised he just isn't picking them right away.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If he wants to stay in New York then Tavares played this very well. I really must admit that.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I'm looking for more positive vibes - it's a good thing that Tavares is getting married. The suburban lifestyle around San Jose is much better suited to someone who's about to start a family.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Also just meeting the Leafs today and the Sharks with the Bruins tomorrow. Wonder if thats because the Leafs have the edge? He grew up as a Leafs fan. If I had the talent and the Sharks offered me a chance to play for em it would be no contest. Surprised he just isn't picking them right away.

You're also a Sharks fan.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA

He's meeting with the Isles today too.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Figure with all the activity that will happen over the next week it needs its own thread.

giphy.gif

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Pierre Lebrun also said he believes the Sharks have a great shot and that they were extremely close to wooing Stamkos and that he was left disappointed by the Leafs pitch. I say he re signs with the Isles but not a lot of people are aware of how close Stammer was to being a Shark

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Pierre Lebrun also said he believes the Sharks have a great shot and that they were extremely close to wooing Stamkos and that he was left disappointed by the Leafs pitch. I say he re signs with the Isles but not a lot of people are aware of how close Stammer was to being a Shark

Was that a recent article or was did he report that on tsn today?

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Was that a recent article or was did he report that on tsn today?

It was in his article today on The Athletic. Pretty interesting if true. Sounds like if Stamkos wasn't going back to the Bolts, Yzerman and DW had a sign-and-trade lined up.

At least we know DW can make a pitch to big UFAs

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It was in his article today on The Athletic. Pretty interesting if true. Sounds like if Stamkos wasn't going back to the Bolts, Yzerman and DW had a sign-and-trade lined up.

At least we know DW can make a pitch to big UFAs

Of course he can. He's professional and has a good rep around the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad