Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
giphy.gif

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
One guy that knows a guy that does hockey stuff has an opinion about where Tavares is going. MUST TWEET itttt

Reactions: WSS11

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
What will it take to get this deal done? Isles already offered 8/88. TML rumored to using the one year $15M offer. Sharks can only go max of 7 yrs. I have no idea what it will take to get him in teal. 7 years at $12.6M/yr?? That matches Isles offer. But again, TML is his hometown team. Does Vegas have a chance here?? Dallas??

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
What will it take to get this deal done? Isles already offered 8/88. TML rumored to using the one year $15M offer. Sharks can only go max of 7 yrs. I have no idea what it will take to get him in teal. 7 years at $12.6M/yr?? That matches Isles offer. But again, TML is his hometown team. Does Vegas have a chance here?? Dallas??
nothing the Sharks can do but present what they have. Everyone's deals are going to be essentially the same unless someone goes stupid but Tav limited that by limiting his teams. Its up to him where he wants to play.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Probably something gross like 7x12.5/13

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I'm still thinking if Tavares decides to go to San Jose, a sign and trade to get the 8th year makes the most sense. Plus NYI can at least recoup some type of asset. Wonder what they'd want

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I'm still thinking if Tavares decides to go to San Jose, a sign and trade to get the 8th year makes the most sense. Plus NYI can at least recoup some type of asset. Wonder what they'd want
Lou said he wouldnt do a sign and trade

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Agreed I think Lou will do that with whomever Tavares chooses should he leave. I read on one of the other threads DW tried to do that with Stamkos

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
In the slim chance that Lou would do a sign and trade, what is a reasonable compensation from the sharks to the isles?

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
nothing the Sharks can do but present what they have. Everyone's deals are going to be essentially the same unless someone goes stupid but Tav limited that by limiting his teams. Its up to him where he wants to play.

I agree with most of this but I doubt that he's limited the amount he'll get by not talking to every team. If rumors are true, he's already pretty close to the maximum amount he can get (20% of the cap) and I doubt that other teams are going to bid substantially more than the five main teams he's interviewing. His agent probably has a good idea of what teams would pay and if there was one that would pay substantially more, my guess is that they're either already on the list or that they're one of the teams that Tavares will talk to via phone. If there's some other team that would offer, e.g, 15M x 6 or 7 years, they just need to call his agent and I'm sure a phone interview would be arranged.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Hopefully some real news by tomorrow. Like " I hate the Leafs I would never..."

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008

I don't think this will be a financial based decision for Tavares. Wherever he goes he will get at least $11M per likely. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who is going to chase a few million extra over going somewhere he wants to be. It'll come down to fit and chance to win.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
So apparently the isles are presenting after the leafs today. I find it so strange that they are doing are doing that. Besides for the fact that JT hand the isles have had plenty of time to work a deal it seems to me the isles should be going last to give JT their best and final after he is serenaded by the rest of the teams.

On another note, hfboards are caddywhompass as heck right now. I basically get signed out every time I navigate to a new page.

Reactions: CrypTic and Friday

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So apparently the isles are presenting after the leafs today. I find it so strange that they are doing are doing that. Besides for the fact that JT hand the isles have had plenty of time to work a deal it seems to me the isles should be going last to give JT their best and final after he is serenaded by the rest of the teams.

On another note, hfboards are caddywhompass as heck right now. I basically get signed out every time I navigate to a new page.

Try changing it to https before the colon.

Back on topic, I hope I get to brag to my Islanders fan friend the next time I see him.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

I thought the same thing. I'm sure that they'll work all the teams still in the running over at the end anyway (e.g., Boston is offering X, will you match?) but if he'd already tentatively decided on the Islanders, you'd think that he and his agent would want to give them the most time to match or counter-propose by presenting last. Maybe he's not as sold on the Islanders as I'd guessed. Either that or he thinks that they may offer something that he can use to get better offers from the other teams.

It seemed odd enough that the Islanders were there, but that makes sense if Tavares is leaning toward returning but isn't 100% happy with their offer. That way, the Islanders can know very quickly and can react.

I can't figure out why they'd have the Islanders go second, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad