Injury Report: All purpose injuries thread

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I don't think Ryan was injured. They would have said something by now. His issues on the ice didn't appear to be related to limited mobility.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Cheechooitis :sarcasm:

Man that does not roll off the tongue well at all.

I hope the boys get lots of rest and come back strong. Zib and Ryan, make sure y'all do some cardio in the offseason.

At least we wont have to worry about Big Buff or Phil "I skated maybe 10 times this off season" Kessel.

:laugh: I'm pretty sure he'll entice Hammond to sign in Toronto.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
On the one hand, dang. So he was just bad.

On the other hand, good. He'll have a nice offseason without having to deal with any rehab like last year.

Again, scorers can be streaky. Bobby Ryan reminds me a bit of Rick Nash, and Nash just about doubled his offensive output in 2014-15 compared to the year previous. On the other end of the scale, Stamkos is going through an absolutely brutal dry spell right now. Does anyone here think that will last? I don't - guy is still a stud player. His scoring touch will return, and so too will Bobby Ryan's.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Again, scorers can be streaky. Bobby Ryan reminds me a bit of Rick Nash, and Nash just about doubled his offensive output in 2014-15 compared to the year previous. On the other end of the scale, Stamkos is going through an absolutely brutal dry spell right now. Does anyone here think that will last? I don't - guy is still a stud player. His scoring touch will return, and so too will Bobby Ryan's.

From the sound of it his leg is still bothering him (metal rod and all)

He's getting all the focus from the Red Wings so he's going to have to learn to deal with it and it might take a while

Karlsson took a while to get over his achilles heel so we should expect the same for Stamkos

I have a hard time believing Ryan was not injured, it seems incredible. I guess it might have to be conditionning after all but that just sounds so far fetched...

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
From the sound of it his leg is still bothering him (metal rod and all)

He's getting all the focus from the Red Wings so he's going to have to learn to deal with it and it might take a while

Karlsson took a while to get over his achilles heel so we should expect the same for Stamkos

I have a hard time believing Ryan was not injured, it seems incredible. I guess it might have to be conditionning after all but that just sounds so far fetched

Although it's difficult to comprehend, I'm going to try and be positive about this news. I was worried that Bobby would require surgery this offseason and not be able to prepare for next year, but now there are no excuses. I hope he takes a page out of Mark Stone's book and stays in Ottawa throughout the summer and works on his skating. Either way, I'm excited to see what he brings to the table next season with a full summer to prepare.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Although it's difficult to comprehend, I'm going to try and be positive about this news. I was worried that Bobby would require surgery this offseason and not be able to prepare for next year, but now there are no excuses. I hope he takes a page out of Mark Stone's book and stays in Ottawa throughout the summer and works on his skating. Either way, I'm excited to see what he brings to the table next season with a full summer to prepare.

Ya, this is what I hope for too. Look how much Stone improved over one season of hard work and training close to the rink with the staff. I'm hoping Bobby does the same. Not that we should expect his skating to improve, but if he keeps training like a pro athlete should, be should be ready to kill it by the start of next season.

Ryan said nothing's bothering him physically. loool

Kind of a pointless post, no?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Did he already get married? If not I assume he'll be very busy with other stuff this summer "unfortunately"

Othello*

Ya, this is what I hope for too. Look how much Stone improved over one season of hard work and training close to the rink with the staff. I'm hoping Bobby does the same. Not that we should expect his skating to improve, but if he keeps training like a pro athlete should, be should be ready to kill it by the start of next season.

Kind of a pointless post, no?

So what

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So far

MacArthur: Hip Flexor.
Methot: Hip flexor, elbow(may need surgery).
Zibanejad: Undisclosed.
Karlsson: Undisclosed (rumoured to be back).
Borowiecki: Hernia (may need surgery).
Puempel: high ankle sprain.
Lehner: Concussion.

Any other injuries i missed for players heading into the offseason?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So far

MacArthur: Hip Flexor.
Methot: Hip flexor, elbow(may need surgery).
Zibanejad: Undisclosed.
Karlsson: Undisclosed (rumoured to be back).
Borowiecki: Hernia (may need surgery).
Puempel: high ankle sprain.
Lehner: Concussion.

Any other injuries i missed for players heading into the offseason?

Oh ya, i remember hearing neil with a right hand injury, phillips got back surgery, and stone's wrist.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
I don't think it's a good sign that there was nothing physically wrong with Ryan. The way he was speaking in interviews, and how the Sens declined interviews between games 1 - 3 with tsn1200 and other outlets, makes me believe there's a mental / confidence issue.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
In the world's thread, someone mentioned Michalek declined an invite on health reasons.
If Boro was hurt, surprised we didn't see Cowen in for the playoffs

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If Methot was well enough to play, and well at that, then it's probably not a truly serious issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad