Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread IV | 2016 PGA Tour Season

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Looks like the playoffs just after all the majors, olympics and right before Ryder Cup is proving a little too much to make it sparkle. Feels a bit flat at this point with several dropouts and few top players in their best form. I do hope Dustin wins though, he deserves it.

I don't think this late last wildcard announcement is doing any good for anybody. It's a pile of meh left to choose from and one last tournament won't make it any clearer.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its been a pretty terrible season for golf. Tiger hasn't played, none of the top players won majors, they've all struggled this season, the Olympics was downgraded to a second rate event, just not been a good season for the sport. Maybe the Ryder Cup will be interesting.

Jan 3, 2012
Its been a pretty terrible season for golf. Tiger hasn't played, none of the top players won majors, they've all struggled this season, the Olympics was downgraded to a second rate event, just not been a good season for the sport. Maybe the Ryder Cup will be interesting.

You're kidding yourself if you think DJ isn't a top/best player in the world.

Stenson is elite too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You're kidding yourself if you think DJ isn't a top/best player in the world.

Stenson is elite too.

With DJ its debatable. 32 years old, and one major. He's gotta sustain this, otherwise he can't be considered a top player. I'd like to wait a year before I say he is. Surely there's no arguing DJ's been the best golfer in the world the second half of this season, but he's not sustained this any time in his career. First season of his career, besides 2010 where he's one more than once. And by top players I mean the big draws in the game. DJ is not talked up unless he plays really well. If he struggles the first few months of 2017, he'll be back to the previous media coverage. Rory went like 16 months without a PGA Tour win, and still got the same media coverage.

Stenson is not elite. Thats absurd. He had a nice year, but you can't be elite with 1 major at age 40.

Dufner -5 thru 13!

Going for the Ryder Cup spot!!

:help:

Justin Thomas.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Stenson hasn't been ranked outside the top 10 in the OWGR since mid 2013. He's elite. I think the only elite players on the planet as of right now are ranked 1-5 in the OWGR. Nobody else is good enough at the moment.

Also, Chappell.

Jan 3, 2012
Insane Sunday!

Mcilroy, Moore, Chappell going to a playoff at -12. If Rory wins, he wins Tour Championship and FEC, if the other two win, they win Tour Championship and DJ wins FEC. DJ shoots 73 to practically throw it away. Rory gets an eagle holeout on 16 to stay in it and gets up and down from a bunker on 18 to birdie and get in the playoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad