Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Kind of a controversial guy, but I like most of his takes. Very analytical, worth listening what he has to say.

Interesting hole-by-hole analysis.

My first thought was, this fits Stenson great. Hit the fairway and you get a lot of roll and good chances despite the length. Perfect for his 3 wood. But he's not been putting all of his game together for a while now. The more I read it sounds rather scorable, we'll see on thursday.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Interesting hole-by-hole analysis.

My first thought was, this fits Stenson great. Hit the fairway and you get a lot of roll and good chances despite the length. Perfect for his 3 wood. But he's not been putting all of his game together for a while now. The more I read it sounds rather scorable, we'll see on thursday.

Completely agree about Stenson, was thinking the same thing, and I'm not even making that up.

I've read a lot that the course isn't as long as it seems because the fairways are so firm. I think it'll come down to iron play though, these approach shots seem very tricky. A lot of trouble, many things to consider. Maybe putting also, although I really have no clue. Haven't seen much mention of what speed the greens are running at leading up to the event. USGA usually has them the fastest of any event.

Kevin Na's fescue video has me excited.

Don't think Jordan Spieth is gonna like this course much.

Be careful what you wish for.

He advanced the furthest, along with Uihlein, of anyone who competed at this venue in the 2011 US Am. :p:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is the swing of the current NCAA Champion, Haskins Award winner, and a guy who just finished two shots off the win in this week's PGA Tour event.

One of the worst swings I think I've seen from a really high level golfer.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hideki will move to No. 2 in the OWGR with his US Open T2.

Fifth most points he's gained in his career comes from a back door 2nd place finish where he didn't contend, at all.

Seems fair. :help:

And thats a shot at the OWGR, not Matsuyama. He did a very good job to finish second.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is the kid I've been telling everyone about thats going to be golf's next really good young player. Shot a 59 at age 16! How do you even do that? :laugh:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
So, I recently became aware that for the first time since Top Spin's cancellation, a new tennis game is being released next year. And now I've been made aware of 'The Golf Club' with 'The Golf Club 2' releasing for consoles and PC next week. Yeah, to me this looks about 1 billion times better than the mess that was Rory's PGA Tour that effectively killed off EA's Golf franchise.

If EA ever resurrects the franchise, they better sure as hell hope they measure up. Only reason I'm hoping they do is because of the licensing they can pull off.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Nice!!!! I'm so pumped!

Looks like a nice road trip for you. I'll be happily jumping on a plane to cross the continent. I thought I was going to have to apply every year for the next 40 years assuming I live that long and maybe I'd get lucky and win once. This was my second year trying and I fluked my way in. Now hopefully it doesn't pour rain on that Saturday next year. :laugh:

As far as golf video games go, that one looks pretty interesting with a career mode like that. I remember watching my brother playing one edition of Tiger Woods. He was basically going birdie on every hole with eagles mixed in. After every shot he could determine the spin he wanted to put on it which was hilarious. I loved me some Mario Golf back in the day.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So, I recently became aware that for the first time since Top Spin's cancellation, a new tennis game is being released next year. And now I've been made aware of 'The Golf Club' with 'The Golf Club 2' releasing for consoles and PC next week. Yeah, to me this looks about 1 billion times better than the mess that was Rory's PGA Tour that effectively killed off EA's Golf franchise.

If EA ever resurrects the franchise, they better sure as hell hope they measure up. Only reason I'm hoping they do is because of the licensing they can pull off.

So does this have real courses or not? Or they just made up names of courses and random designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad