All-purpose goaltending thread - all Hutchinson/Pavelec talk here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
A quick look at Pavelec's game log history indicates the last time he played Dallas, he gave up 5 goals on 24 shots, was a 0.792, and was yanked after the 2nd period ended.

For someone who loves to tell people to check their facts you sure are wrong.
Pavs was the only Jet that showed up in the last Jets game against them and stole two points.
I guess Pav haters have blocked that from their memory.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think Hutch is garbage, just having a rough time.

We are not in an ideal situation needing a still raw rookie to be your saviour. There is the occasional Ken Dryden story out there, but you are usually much better served to have a slow and steady mentor-ship behind a real #1 goalie.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
We are not in an ideal situation needing a still raw rookie to be your saviour. There is the occasional Ken Dryden story out there, but you are usually much better served to have a slow and steady mentor-ship behind a real #1 goalie.

Witness Darcy Kuemper, and he wasn't even as raw as Hutch. I was roundly flounced for mentioning that awhile back but the Wild have witnessed the exact scenario you've described all year. It's the difference between where they are and where we are this far.

Hope Hutch can get it back on track, if the Jets can somehow manage to stay out of the Box 4+ times a game his even strength performance is reason to believe he can.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Witness Darcy Kuemper, and he wasn't even as raw as Hutch. I was roundly flounced for mentioning that awhile back but the Wild have witnessed the exact scenario you've described all year. It's the difference between where they are and where we are this far.

Hope Hutch can get it back on track, if the Jets can somehow manage to stay out of the Box 4+ times a game his even strength performance is reason to believe he can.

If Hutch lets in 15 goals over his next 90 shots (over 3 games) he'd match Kuempers best season. .915 over 26 games. So he'd have to have 4 straight worst games of his NHL career to get to slightly above average, and he's not even playing badly. I'd be happy if he hangs around between .915-.920 over the season.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
If Hutch lets in 15 goals over his next 90 shots (over 3 games) he'd match Kuempers best season. .915 over 26 games. So he'd have to have 4 straight worst games of his NHL career to get to slightly above average, and he's not even playing badly. I'd be happy if he hangs around between .915-.920 over the season.

I'm talking about the scenario of relying on a rookie goaltender without a real capable #1 to help smooth the transition. Not directly comparing Kuemps and Hutch, just that both teams are pretty much tight roping without a net. So far it's worked for one team and not the other, although some minor chinks in the armour are starting to appear.

I still believe in Hutch and said long ago that even if he regressed to .915-.920 I'd be happy, I think he'll be fine.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'm talking about the scenario of relying on a rookie goaltender without a real capable #1 to help smooth the transition. Not directly comparing Kuemps and Hutch, just that both teams are pretty much tight roping without a net.

I still believe in Hutch and said long ago that even if he regressed to .915-.920 I'd be happy.

I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just pointing out that Hutch has been better than Kuemper who got a lot of positive attention before this season.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just pointing out that Hutch has been better than Kuemper who got a lot of positive attention before this season.

tumblr_inline_n7hsbnFjzl1ql1m9j.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad