OT: All-Purpose Fantasy Hockey Thread

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
K. Miller is having himself quite the run. Grabbed him as a spot start and he's up to 9 pts over a 7 game point streak. Hits a decent amount and gets a little pp time.
I also enjoyed some of that. Have streamed him here and there all season.
If anyone’s in a deeper bangers league Laughton has been a huge pickup for me. On a heater point wise which will go away but good periphs.

Also Jeannot‘s periphs have been really good lately as well.
I streamed Laughton for this week and already got a great game yesterday.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I also enjoyed some of that. Have streamed him here and there all season.

I streamed Laughton for this week and already got a great game yesterday.
I’ve picked him up a couple weeks ago in plans to stream him and have kept him since because he’s been so good.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Join us over on the GM Games HF subforum! We try to regularly host realistic GM games and fantasy drafts.

We're currently taking sign-ups for the next fantasy draft, and need several GMs to fill out the rest of the game.

Please check out the thread and if you're interested, sign up!

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
So as a Horvat owner, did I get effed with that trade? Kind of feels like it. In addition to his stellar year, I was really banking on him going to a REAL contender at the deadline. Can't say I like this with Islanders sheeit offense.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So as a Horvat owner, did I get effed with that trade? Kind of feels like it. In addition to his stellar year, I was really banking on him going to a REAL contender at the deadline. Can't say I like this with Islanders sheeit offense.
Yeah I wouldn’t be necessarily stoked to be a Horvat owner right now.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Honestly, wtf happened to Markstrom? Did that EDM series last year really break him? Is the team partially to blame? Or was I just completely convinced he was a serviceable starter??

I traded freaking Malkin for this guy in the beginning of the year and he is just absolute dog shit. Even the games he has over .90 save % he still can't manage to get a win. I'm bordering on flat out dropping him at this point and would have done it sooner if I wasn't so starved for goalie starts.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Honestly, wtf happened to Markstrom? Did that EDM series last year really break him? Is the team partially to blame? Or was I just completely convinced he was a serviceable starter??

I traded freaking Malkin for this guy in the beginning of the year and he is just absolute dog shit. Even the games he has over .90 save % he still can't manage to get a win. I'm bordering on flat out dropping him at this point and would have done it sooner if I wasn't so starved for goalie starts.
He's the Hellebuyck of this season. Started off terribly on an underperforming team and just couldn't climb out of the hole he dug for himself. He's a team-killer this year for sure. I was luckily able to sell him off on a couple of my teams early on, but I'm still stuck with him in a couple of others.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Really need Nuke to either play today or have his designation changed to "Out" so I can put him on IR and pick up someone else. Gonna take a miracle for me to make it into the playoffs. Currently in 7th (6 make it) and it's the last week. I need to win (currently tied), have the 6th place guy lose (currently tied), and me having scored more goals by the end of the day (currently tied) as I think that's the second tie breaker after head-to-head (would be tied if the above happens).

:help:

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I made it to the Final 4 in my free league that the guy decided to throw $500 to the winner this year.

I have McDavid but the guy who runs the league has a stacked team. He went 18-1 in the regular season. Just hoping to meet him in the finals.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Alright my team is absolutely dominating this matchup, I am currently leading by over 100 points. I will be in the championship starting next week. The other matchup is really close so not sure if I'll get the owner of the league or not. My top performers this 2 week matchup are:

McDavid
Keller
Bergeron
Georgiev
Pavelski
Q. Hughes

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
So how did everyone's leagues end up heading into the playoffs? Ended up in 6 paid and 4 free leagues this year and came away with a 1st round bye in 8 of them and finished in 1st in one of the other two due to weird playoff formatting. Not too shabby.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I am currently in the championship of my 2 fantasy hockey leagues and in the championship of my fantasy basketball league.

Just had my draft for one of my 2 fantasy baseball leagues.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So how did everyone's leagues end up heading into the playoffs? Ended up in 6 paid and 4 free leagues this year and came away with a 1st round bye in 8 of them and finished in 1st in one of the other two due to weird playoff formatting. Not too shabby.
I took a calculated risk to end the year trading Rielly and Batherson for Verhaege and Montour. Unfortunately I was a little too Florida heavy and their schedule ended up biting me in the ass and I lost in the first round. Also didn’t help that Hughes and Bratt were ice cold.

But now I’m watching my team dominate and it really sucks :laugh:

Reactions: The Merchant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad