OT: All-Purpose Fantasy Hockey Thread

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
cut.jpg

There's nothing quite like fantasy hockey season and considering it's right around the corner I thought it was long overdue to have a fantasy hockey hub here on Avsboard. In this thread feel free to:
  • Request fill-ins for your leagues
  • Form entirely new HF-based leagues
  • Discuss said leagues and your teams
  • Request and offer trade/waiver advice
  • Discuss draft strategies
  • Form groups to mock draft with
  • Post any fantasy-related media

Resources

Fantasy Hubs
Mock Drafts
Rankings
Misc.

If there are any other resources you recommend please post them so I can add them to the list. Good luck and have fun this season!

Last edited:
Reactions: SaltySkywalker

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I've got my draft tomorrow. The guy who started the league came to HF looking for replacement managers a few years ago.

Free ESPN 12 team league with some good scoring settings. The winner is shipped a giant trophy and this year the owner of the league and his dad are chipping in a $500 cash prize, even though it's a free league.

Pretty awesome! I've been customizing my rankings using The Athletic's customizable rankings.

• Wow
Reactions: The Merchant

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm in a league with a bunch of buddies. Our first year, nobody was willing to make a prizepool and wanted it to be free, so I drafted Kyle Quincey first overall and Sergei Bobrovsky with my 2nd pick :laugh:

Started our first year with 8 teams and really not a clue about fantasy hockey. This is our 11th year coming up and we've expanded from 8 to 14 teams and its pretty competitive now. 14 is that sweet spot where it really starts to be a legit challenge to make playoffs each year.

We have 3 keepers, and you can trade draft picks for 1 year ahead. We've even discussed possibly including prospect drafts at some point to be tracked offline.

A collective HF Avs league would be at of fun as well honestly(I'm in one with a couple guys here already). I'd be happy to organize one if there's ever enough interest on here.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Im in a yahoo all categories league , I have room for one add while Tavares is on IR+. There is Newhook available and thinking of grabbing him , but there is also Anton Lundell, David Krejci and Pavel Zacha in my sights . Avs bias I should take Newhook ? But big fan of Lundell while the Boston Czechs have played really well.
Not sure who should produce more Newhook or the other guys ?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Im in a yahoo all categories league , I have room for one add while Tavares is on IR+. There is Newhook available and thinking of grabbing him , but there is also Anton Lundell, David Krejci and Pavel Zacha in my sights . Avs bias I should take Newhook ? But big fan of Lundell while the Boston Czechs have played really well.
I’d probably go with Lundell but it depends on your team too.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
If it's just as a replacement for Tavares, who even looks like he won't even be out that long, I would say best bet is probably Krejci. It seems he might get Pasta on his wing to start the season as well as PP1 deployment.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Krejci is the best bet to cover all of your points categories. He's the only one of the four that'll be getting top line and 1st PP minutes out of the gate.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
If I am in need of a starting goalie and have too many true centers...do you take this trade? G, A, PP, SOG, H, BLKS

Give:
Malkin (PPG but terrible peripherals
Horvat (on a tear, but wonder if it holds up)
H. Lindholm (sell high, no way he keeps this up once McAvoy is back, right!?)

Get:
F. Forsberg (known commodity)
Nurse (Like the stat coverage)
Demko

I'm a little bit concerned with Demko...

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Early in the season I chose between Necas and Lafreniere from FA. I don't have Necas now. You do the math.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Some buddies wanted to do a late cats league. $20 buy-in, deep roster settings. Hoping to draft tomorrow, but they'll push it if needed. Here's the link if you're interested:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Some buddies wanted to do a late cats league. $20 buy-in, deep roster settings. Hoping to draft tomorrow, but they'll push it if needed. Here's the link if you're interested:

Wouldn't be lying if I said I wasn't interested.... But I'm doing arguably too many leagues between the NHL/NFL :laugh:

Reactions: The Merchant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad