Speculation: All-Purpose Expansion Talk Thread v2.0 (Protected/Exposed List in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Apparently McPhee had his choice of Kaprizov, Greenway or Tuch as the prospect... and chose Tuch

That's...odd. Unless he really wanted someone that was right on the cusp of hitting the NHL. Or someone that already had a pro contract.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Apparently McPhee had his choice of Kaprizov, Greenway or Tuch as the prospect... and chose Tuch

Yeah, I heard that. Sounds like there could be real concern about Kaprizov coming over? Can't believe they would offer him otherwise.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That's...odd. Unless he really wanted someone that was right on the cusp of hitting the NHL. Or someone that already had a pro contract.

I'd go with the pro contract. A losing team might not be attractive for either Greenway or Kaprizov. They could just not play for Vegas and do other things.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I can see the "he's ready to play in the NHL and he's already here" vs. Kaprizov still being in Russia for at least another year.

Yeah, I heard that. Sounds like there could be real concern about Kaprizov coming over? Can't believe they would offer him otherwise.

Yeah I guess McPhee was worried about Kaprizov getting paid more in Russia than he would here. However, I still don't understand the reason for us offering him. He was a 7th rounder with 1st line upside. It's not like we used a first on him and need to salvage value. I'd rather sell extremely high on him or keep him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From Russo...

Fletcher made clear he explained to center Eric Staal when left unprotected that he was confident the veteran center was safe from being protected. "We had this arrangement with Vegas [for Haula] now for close to a week," Fletcher said. "So I was able to talk to Eric early on, and I don't Eric was ever in danger of not being with our club."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad