Would you rather...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This is why Ricky Hatton is high on my list of guys who must be terrifying to fight. He laid siege to livers.

Manc style. Pretty much every high end boxer from Manchester has had great bodywork and shots.

Anthony Crolla was not a big puncher like Hatton... but his WBA defence against Barosso destroyed him with a body shot.

Terry Flanagan, Scott Quigg and Carl Thompson all great body shot exponents as well. And Wayne Rigby was not the biggest puncher but had great body work.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frazier is dead and you still couldn’t pay me to take one of those left hooks. It didn’t snap. It made a thud.

Those three Ali - Frazier fights were the height of boxing, absolute war between the ropes - Ali could run, but he couldn't hide, 'cause Smoking Joe just kept cutting off the angles.

Ali said, "It was like death. Closest thing to dying that I know of."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
In case anyone was curious what the specific reason for finishing the entire regular season is

We knew it was tv related, but not which deal(s).

Totally unrelated, but I just remembered the other day about the Championship - the second tier of English football - and where things stood when the lockdown happened. Leeds United were in the top spot, one point ahead of West Brom. The latter are a total yo-yo team, going up via promotion and swinging back down via relegation frequently, but Leeds is a massive club with a fairly massive history, the biggest team by far outside the Premier League, and they have been outside the Premier League since 2004. They had built a really good squad, made a Champions League semifinal, and overreached, then fell back to Earth and were relegated. They were almost surely going back up before this happened, so in addition to Liverpool winning its first title in 30 years, there is a lot at stake being threatened with being vacated. ALSO Nottingham Forest are probably going to be in the Championship playoffs with a chance to earn promotion. These are potentially huge results swinging in the breeze.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Where'd you try getting a tee time at? One of the courses opened up tee times on Wednesday at noon for this weekend. By 12:10, they were all gone
I tried about a dozen courses between PA and NJ. Nothing.

Now I'm playing Deerfield down in DE. I don't even really like the course, but I need to get out and swing the clubs.

Reactions: Cody Webster

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Punched by Tyson just to say I took a punch from him and lived

Wasps is suicide? Who the hell chose that?

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
At one of them, there was a chick with 4 remote control cars.

She went on her hands and knees, behind in the air. Each car had a dildo taped to it.

She gave the controllers to random people and the point was to try and drive the cars into the “right” spot.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Also also.

Show on Netflix called Win the Wilderness. Couples from the UK (euro produced) compete for the home of an elderly couple in Alaska who constructed their own home years ago on a homestead in bum f*** nowhere Alaska. Fly in, super remote.

Survival type competitions. The old couple chooses the winners.

It’s really well done, and just a beautiful story of Ose Mountain. My ass teared up a little at the end.

Expand thou minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad