All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part IX: [READ SITE RULE IN OP] Monorail Business Is A Boomin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

2 peas in a pod

20200420_142355.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So I’m guessing most of these morons in Harrisburg are from the rural parts of the state? Where through little to no effort of their own have been protected from major outbreaks because of their communities infrastructure being spread out naturally. Now are probably increasing the chances of possibly spreading this thing through this gathering.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
So I’m guessing most of these morons in Harrisburg are from the rural parts of the state? Where through little to no effort of their own have been protected from major outbreaks because of their communities infrastructure being spread out naturally. Now are probably increasing the chances of possibly spreading this thing through this gathering.
That's the only way they'll learn

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

It's ok. With those communities' robust hospital capacity, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
It's ok. With those communities' robust hospital capacity, I'm sure they'll be fine.
I have it on good authority that this is from inside a potter county hospital
sxv96g48ewe01.jpg

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Regarding the haircut thing. Czech secretary of health said earlier today, quote, "Yes, many non-essential bussinesses will be open from April the 20th on - however, hairdressers are not going to open yet. Do not even attempt to invite the hairdresser to your place. We have no tools how to monitor this - but if we find out, you will be fined."

:laugh:

If you are non ugly. We will find you. We will fine you.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Update on shooter...the good and bad.

The bad is that they are saying at least 19 have died....with 3 burnt structure still to go thru. Also, there were 16 crime scenes in total they are saying, so expect the death toll to rise.

The good: "Meet Zoe. Zoe was injured by a gunshot during the rampage that shook Nova Scotia to it's core on April 19th, 2020. Constable Rodney MacDonald was able to get Zoe to Central Nova Veterinary Clinic in time for Jennifer McKay to work her magic. After a lengthy surgery Jennifer was able to get Zoe all fixed up. She will be staying at the vets until she is fully healed and then will be coming home to a family member."

94173698_10163289694845305_3205275685744541696_o.jpg

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Regarding the oil talk, it’s my belief this would be a great time to double down on finding an alternate viable source of energy.

I don’t for a second believe it’s not possible, but the drive to make it happen needs to be there.

Or we can continue down the path of the same fools who thought whale oil would light our homes till the end of time.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Update on shooter...the good and bad.

The bad is that they are saying at least 19 have died....with 3 burnt structure still to go thru. Also, there were 16 crime scenes in total they are saying, so expect the death toll to rise.

I haven’t really read much into other than your postings. Did the guy burn buildings down too on top of shooting people as part of his rampage?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

In a few weeks many "Red' areas will be singing a different tune.

Most people just don't get exponential growth, while the doubling rates may be lower in lower density areas, these people still meet in church, bars, restaurants and grocery stores.

If they defy or avoid lockdowns, inevitably they'll have a couple asymptomatic individuals who'll spread the virus for a week or two, depending when they develop symptoms and are identified or are no longer contagious.

If you look at the John Hopkins maps, check the one by population rates, you'll see the non-urban areas gradually getting darker the last week. We're already seeing this in northern Florida and southern Georgia, Louisiana, and a number of hot spots in the Midwest and Great Plains. These will continue to grow over the next few weeks.

The virus doesn't respect political affiliation.
It hit the Blue States hard b/c they are the ones with the biggest cities.
Now it's marching onto the less populated regions.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Regarding the oil talk, it’s my belief this would be a great time to double down on finding an alternate viable source of energy.

I don’t for a second believe it’s not possible, but the drive to make it happen needs to be there.

Or we can continue down the path of the same fools who thought whale oil would light our homes till the end of time.
I'm still trying to figure out why we're worried about 50k coal jobs when over 3 million work in the renewable energy field:huh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

That's a short-term blip due to the structure of future markets.

The key to watch are the futures prices a month or two out, that tells you the expectations of market actors. Those prices are driven by companies that actually purchase oil to refine, speculators generally provide liquidity but rarely dictate market prices.

The glut of oil creates storage problems, there's a cost to storage in both leasing or building capacity, and deterioration of crude over time. So that makes buyers less willing to be caught with excess oil, even when the price declines, until they think future prices will be high enough to justify the cost of holding crude for a few months.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I just spoke to my brother about oil who is in this world more than I am. He said to stay away more than jump in. I’d equate it to selling flyers tickets for an Ottawa senators game. If they are giving away seats for a game on Wednesday, do you really want to buy season tickets on Thursday? Now if you could save that ticket in a barrel in your back yard and if you could use it when they are good in 10 years; that’s a different story.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I haven’t really read much into other than your postings. Did the guy burn buildings down too on top of shooting people as part of his rampage?
Yes he did. Not much details have come out about those dwellings yet, but it was Saturday night where people heard gunshots....then saw fires were at 3 different places within the area.

I will keep updating as I hear more.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The small business fund ran out of money because of big businesses like Ruth's Chris. And they didn't even keep paying their employees.

A raw deal

before the money ran out, Ruth's Hospitality Group, the parent company of Ruth’s Chris Steak House, was able to secure a $20 million loan. How did a company with thousands of employees and over $441 million in revenue last year — and $86 million cash reserves — benefit from this fund while thousands of real small businesses received nothing?

The law contained an exception for restaurant chains as long as the chain didn’t have more than 500 employees at any single location. Ruth’s Hospitality Group exploited that exception by applying through two corporate subsidiaries, obtaining twice the limit for a single company on April 7. Ruth’s Hospitality Group was able to get to the front of the line because JP Morgan Chase, like many banks, gave preference to companies that had a preexisting banking relationship.

This all might be defensible if Ruth’s Hospitality Group was using the money to keep its hourly restaurant workers, like servers and bartenders, on its payroll until it can reopen. But Popular Information has learned that this is not the case.

Massive furloughs at Ruth’s Chris

The cash infusion has not been used to save the jobs of rank-and-file workers, according to the company’s own statements and furloughed employees who spoke to Popular Information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad