All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion I: mmvvpp Memorial Thread

Does Coronavirus Suck?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There was a big fire, if you look at the videos, there's a sizeable fire burning before everything goes BOOM.
Well, obviously. That’s my point. It’s how you think that monster initial conflagration started. Not gonna be a negligent worker flicking a cigarette.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So it is...

20200804_223539.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
View attachment 357870 So I was driving behind this jabroni today

His bumper stickers read

"Get your head out of your mask."
"Accountability for the lockdown"
"Working Class, not democrat, not republican, not represented."

I would never put a bumper sticker of any kind on my car.

Like honestly even when those jackasses come around putting signs for political candidates on lawns that shit goes straight in the trash for me. Don’t give a f*** a who it is or what party they’re affiliated with.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I would never put a bumper sticker of any kind on my car.

Like honestly even when those jackasses come around putting signs for political candidates on lawns that shit goes straight in the trash for me. Don’t give a f*** a who it is or what party they’re affiliated with.
Yeah, window decals are as far as I’ll go, bumper stickers are a no go. Even magnets leave a noticeable color difference when they come off.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Ammonium nitrate is pretty stable. It’s actually categorized as non-flammable. It needs a detonation or pretty huge fire. Arrive at your own conclusions.
There appeared to be fireworks that were going off in the fire before the explosion.
So fire+fireworks

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Not a bumper sticker or magnet guy.

Although an ex-gf did make me a ribbon magnet of “Cure the Common Cold” based on a joke of the same name I made about the “Autism Awareness” ribbons.

Best Christmas gift I got, but it went on my fridge.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Watching CNN international....they had an explosives expert on...said the red color is not indicative of ammonium nitrate alone....there were other explosives involved. Also said the blast was equivalent to a low yield nuke...

Reactions: Defect

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
There appeared to be fireworks that were going off in the fire before the explosion.
So fire+fireworks
Well, if there were a huge fire, fireworks are going off before the ammonium nitrate. Seems weird to have a warehouse of 2700 tons of ammonium + fireworks, though.

More to this story.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ammonium Nitrate

Beirut explosion: What is ammonium nitrate and how dangerous is it?

It's plausible that leaving it there in less than optimal storage conditions lead to a fire and explosion.

Question is why it was left there for six years, my suspicion is certain parties wanted a stockpile of the material to use for explosives - and one party had both the motives and political power to ensure the stockpile would remain in place - Hezbollah.

The head of Lebanon's Customs Authority Badri Daher has said he repeatedly warned the country's judiciary about dangerous substances stored at Beirut's port.
Daher said he sent six memos to judiciary officials warning that the substances posed a danger to the public, according to Lebanon’s LBC channel.
“Daher revealed that he asked to re-export these materials, but this matter did not happen," LBC reported.
LBC did not report the dates on which the memos were sent.

Live updates: Beirut explosion rocks Lebanon's capital city

Reactions: Rebels57 and Defect

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The main question in all of this is how it was set off but storing that amount of nitrate in that manner is criminal negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad