OT: 2024-2025 All Non-Hockey Sports Talk MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I went big game hunting 500 on Sunday, in hopes of seeing Miguel Cabrera's 500th home run.

14 years ago I went with two buddies and skipped class to do my first try at 500 hunting. We drove five hours in hopes of witnessing Jim Thome's 500th home run. Angels @ White Sox. Never happened.

Fast forward 14 years and I finally saw a 500th Home Run history. It was actually really cool.
Despite the fact that someone sold me bum tickets on Vividseats.com I went into the stadium and it wouldn't let me in because it said those tickets were already in stadium. I finally said **** it after three Innings and just bought all new tickets.

Seeing Miggy hit 500 is probably a moment I will never forget!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@Knighty Knight , must have been a fun day at the Dome?
One more game to go, need some help from TB and WSH.

TB gonna sweep the NYY? :crossfing
I got home an hour ago. Probably the best Blue Jay game I've ever been to! I wore my blue Blue Jays hat and the red Washington Nationals t-shirt. Got a couple Go Nats! yelled at me today. Monah had 7 IP, 1H, 1ER, 1BB, 10K. Hitters had five home runs. No big deal.

For 30,000 people in attendance it was loud!

Tomorrow is going to be utter chaos!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I got home an hour ago. Probably the best Blue Jay game I've ever been to! I wore my blue Blue Jays hat and the red Washington Nationals t-shirt. Got a couple Go Nats! yelled at me today. Monah had 7 IP, 1H, 1ER, 1BB, 10K. Hitters had five home runs. No big deal.

For 30,000 people in attendance it was loud!

Tomorrow is going to be utter chaos!

I bet, HRs a plenty. Manoah is something else, should win ROTY.

Gonna be pissed if we miss by a game.
Feel TB is gonna try hard to beat NYY.
WSH gives me a bit of hope but they can't convert

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I bet, HRs a plenty. Manoah is something else, should win ROTY.

Gonna be pissed if we miss by a game.
Feel TB is gonna try hard to beat NYY.
WSH gives me a bit of hope but they can't convert
Nationals got a kid throwing today that hasn't pitched above AA. You never know when those kids are on the hill.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
When I left the game on Saturday, I had no doubt in my mind that the Jays were going to win on Sunday.
I was a little hesitant to I think they'd get the help they needed. And to think Washington has always been my second favourite team in the majors, not anymore.

I'm still reeling today, what a way to go out. I commend the guys on their effort this year. Three home cities in one season, I couldn't imagine!

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
When I left the game on Saturday, I had no doubt in my mind that the Jays were going to win on Sunday.
I was a little hesitant to I think they'd get the help they needed. And to think Washington has always been my second favourite team in the majors, not anymore.

I'm still reeling today, what a way to go out. I commend the guys on their effort this year. Three home cities in one season, I couldn't imagine!
Toronto’s lineup is scary and Vlad Jr. is going to be a monster for years to come. Had their pitching been a little better earlier in the year there would be some teams that don’t want to play Toronto in the playoffs right now.

Any Yankee fans on this board?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Toronto’s lineup is scary and Vlad Jr. is going to be a monster for years to come. Had their pitching been a little better earlier in the year there would be some teams that don’t want to play Toronto in the playoffs right now.

Any Yankee fans on this board?
Jays weren't ready to handle all the injuries they sustained out of the shute.

I think Yankees will win tonight. This is what Cole was brought here for.

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Jays weren't ready to handle all the injuries they sustained out of the shute.

I think Yankees will win tonight. This is what Cole was brought here for.
Agreed Cole has got to go more than 5 or so innings tonight. He needs to start earning that contract now that we are in the postseason. That’s what he was brought here for

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
Well, Cole and the Yankee lineup pooped their pants last night. The Yankees have to get away from having a lineup full of players who hit .200 and only hit home runs. Having almost no players who hit for average, steal, and run the bases well is a huge problem. All this talk about OPS being the most important stat doesn’t take into consideration that having baserunners puts pressure on the opposing pitcher and makes fielders have to think about more than just throwing to 1st base.

Thankfully the Panthers season seems like it should be a good one!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Well, Cole and the Yankee lineup pooped their pants last night. The Yankees have to get away from having a lineup full of players who hit .200 and only hit home runs. Having almost no players who hit for average, steal, and run the bases well is a huge problem. All this talk about OPS being the most important stat doesn’t take into consideration that having baserunners puts pressure on the opposing pitcher and makes fielders have to think about more than just throwing to 1st base.

Thankfully the Panthers season seems like it should be a good one!
Blue Jays season-ending pain only lasted for a couple days. Panthers season starts in the week tomorrow, and playoff baseball sprinkled in between. Tough to beat that!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Still pissed TOR missed by a game but confident management will make the team even better. They know pitching is needed in case Ray and Matz leave.
Bullpen is the major focus.

Hoping we can find some depth players with speed and decent small ball skills.
Can't rely on HRs all the time.
We're close but next year needs to be a playoff year.

Cheering for Chicago, used to like them as 2nd team back in the day with Frank Thomas.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Still pissed TOR missed by a game but confident management will make the team even better. They know pitching is needed in case Ray and Matz leave.
Bullpen is the major focus.

Hoping we can find some depth players with speed and decent small ball skills.
Can't rely on HRs all the time.
We're close but next year needs to be a playoff year.

Cheering for Chicago, used to like them as 2nd team back in the day with Frank Thomas.
The way it sounds so far, Semi wants to return to the team. That would be huge!

I'm going for Milwaukee this playoffs. I'd like to see Rowdy win.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The way it sounds so far, Semi wants to return to the team. That would be huge!

I'm going for Milwaukee this playoffs. I'd like to see Rowdy win.

Semien had more to say and seemed really interested but will he want to continue playing 2B?
Remember his comment about being a SS and Bo won't likely want to shift either.

Felt Ray would be more expressive but he's playing it smart and not committing anywhere to drive up cost.
He could easily get the money, ace position, playoff (championship potential) team going forward and beautiful city to live in for next 4-5yrs.

Ray-Berrios-Manoah as a top 3 SP trio would be solidify the next half decade, Pearson hopefully takes a spot in top 5 before Ryu is gone.

Ray > Semien for positional need but damn I'd be sad to lose Semien. Such a clutch hitter and solid vet/pro.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Probably won't watch the preseason finale tonight, at least not all the way. Going to a fight party. Going to watch Fury vs Wilder 3 tonight. Should be a good one. I hear the Fury's weighing in at 277 lbs!

:box:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Probably won't watch the preseason finale tonight, at least not all the way. Going to a fight party. Going to watch Fury vs Wilder 3 tonight. Should be a good one. I hear the Fury's weighing in at 277 lbs!

:box:

Wow what a war!!! One of the top 3 boxing fights I've seen in last 2-3 yrs and have seen a fair amount.

Fury has that gypsy power at 277lbs haha
He's a unicorn. So unique

Wilder just relying on muscle movement some rounds.
He's tired as he had to bulk up, looked out on his feet early on and most of the fight.
Slipping in and out of dreamland.
Respect to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad