OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@ThePatientPanther
Gonna need to pull out an ugly & soggy win. Offense needs to really step up in the 2nd half. Jimmy G's decisions needs to be better and the receivers need to catch the ball. Defense has been solid yet again. Gould needs to go back home to Chicago. haha

-ghoste

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@ThePatientPanther
Gonna need to pull out an ugly & soggy win. Offense needs to really step up in the 2nd half. Jimmy G's decisions needs to be better and the receivers need to catch the ball. Defense has been solid yet again. Gould needs to go back home to Chicago. haha

-ghoste

Ya if weather conditions were better, we'd probably smoke em but have liked JG's runs and effort but he's usually due 2-3 head scratching passes a game. As long as they're not INT's, confident the defense can make up for the WR weakness we have. Breida is fast AF but that field is pure slop, missing his normal run game here.

:laugh: annnnnddddd as I type that, JG throws an INT. Never been a fan of long ball in rain, the grip isn't there....
Would be nice if Gould pulled his head out of his ass, we need him to win a 9-6 type game, all FG's. :crossfing
We're already playing with house money at 5-0, doubt me or you had them there at game 1 but a 6-0 start all but sets up for a playoff spot. 4-6 still gets us to 10-6 but starting to feel we can go at least 12-4. You?

Reactions: Ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@PantherboyHTR , part of me wants WSH to win so Harper gets his full karma.
Part of me wants to see a HOU dynasty because we should both hope our current Blue Jays build will be similar or close to that one day?

I'm gonna say HOU wins, hope it goes at least 6 or 7. You going WSH?

@Ghoste , we can win any way. Blowout, comeback, mudbowl, etc.
Should have some injured guys back in another week or two and the next two games against CAR and ARI are very winnable.

Kind of hoping SEA loses big today.

Have you thought about a possible LAR run like last year and Brady vs JG final? Know it's still early but that'd be a fun final.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@PantherboyHTR , part of me wants WSH to win so Harper gets his full karma.
Part of me wants to see a HOU dynasty because we should both hope our current Blue Jays build will be similar or close to that one day?

I'm gonna say HOU wins, hope it goes at least 6 or 7. You going WSH?

@Ghoste , we can win any way. Blowout, comeback, mudbowl, etc.
Should have some injured guys back in another week or two and the next two games against CAR and ARI are very winnable.

Kind of hoping SEA loses big today.

Have you thought about a possible LAR run like last year and Brady vs JG final? Know it's still early but that'd be a fun final.

So in fantasy baseball this year, 14-team league, I traded my first round pick and I had two seconds. I went with Juan Soto and George Springer as my first two picks oh, so I'm torn. My head says Houston, but my heart says Washington.

Washington in 6 is what I'm saying.

PS - also I love to see Osuna crumble :popcorn:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Also just want to apologize to all the Fins fans as we are coming off the bye week, to destroy you today.
It was a good game. Fitzpatrick has to be the tank commander the rest of the way if the young offensive guys like Gesicki and Williams are gonna make any progress. The Dolphins were running fools over up there. Admit it. You were sweating there for a minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It was a good game. Fitzpatrick has to be the tank commander the rest of the way if the young offensive guys like Gesicki and Williams are gonna make any progress. The Dolphins were running fools over up there. Admit it. You were sweating there for a minute.
Its the Bills I never feel secure, it is satisfying to squish the fish however.

Reactions: Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Its the Bills I never feel secure, it is satisfying to squish the fish however.
My best bud growing up was a Bills Fan. I secretly root for them because they remind me of a better time for my football team. I was up in Fort Collins last week and I saw a ton of Bills/Allen Jerseys. He has a HUGE following in Wyoming.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
My best bud growing up was a Bills Fan. I secretly root for them because they remind me of a better time for my football team. I was up in Fort Collins last week and I saw a ton of Bills/Allen Jerseys. He has a HUGE following in Wyoming.

Year 2 of Josh Allen has been a step forward IMO, we are now in the middle of the pack offensively as opposed to 31st overall last year. We have a championship defense, but can we score enough points to beat the better teams?

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Year 2 of Josh Allen has been a step forward IMO, we are now in the middle of the pack offensively as opposed to 31st overall last year. We have a championship defense, but can we score enough points to beat the better teams?
Health, depth and defense is a good recipe in the playoffs. Stay healthy Bills!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So major dilemma tonight:

Not only are the Panthers playing, but my Raptors open up their season and unveil their Championship Banner.
Not only that, but the World Series starts with a doozy of a pitching matchup in Houston.

I can only watch one, PVR one, and one is left on the sidelines.
I think I'm going to go at PVRing the Panthers game, starting to watch the Raptors game, then when the World Series starts switching over to that game, and watching the Panthers game in its entirety tomorrow morning.

First World Sports problems right here.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@ThePatientPanther
Picked up E. Sanders from Denver.

-ghoste

32 yr old UFA, thoughts on it? For the cost of a 3rd and 4th.
Wonder if they're happy with the long term WR depth though?
Hurd has yet to play no? Deebo has shown some flashes and is built like a truck.

Pretty sure we traded our 2020 2nd for Dee Ford so we still have our 1st?
What position should we focus on there?
I've read OL line help, possibly a C on some mock drafts.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
32 yr old UFA, thoughts on it? For the cost of a 3rd and 4th.
Wonder if they're happy with the long term WR depth though?
Hurd has yet to play no? Deebo has shown some flashes and is built like a truck.

Pretty sure we traded our 2020 2nd for Dee Ford so we still have our 1st?
What position should we focus on there?
I've read OL line help, possibly a C on some mock drafts.
Well we definitely need a go-to guy (besides Kittle), hopefully it can be him. All of our guys seem to be a little iffy. Really would like to see Hurd and Taylor come back. Yes, we have our 1st and got back a 5th from Denver.

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste , Bosa at it early with another sack lunch. How dominant is he going to be? They said he's crushing the pressure record already.

Annnnd JG can't go a game without an INT I see but Coleman, Breida and Kittle taking over so we good.
Sanders got his 1st TD here already, we gonna roll in this game no?
Offense is on fire to start.

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste , Bosa at it early with another sack lunch. How dominant is he going to be? They said he's crushing the pressure record already.

Annnnd JG can't go a game without an INT I see but Coleman, Breida and Kittle taking over so we good.
Sanders got his 1st TD here already, we gonna roll in this game no?
Offense is on fire to start.
Bosa and the D eating all day! Offense looked good too. I don't mean to totally hate but probably could have been holding on the CMC touchdown run but oh well. Niners win! Panthers win! Springfield win! Great day!

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Bosa and the D eating all day! Offense looked good too. I don't mean to totally hate but probably could have been holding on the CMC touchdown run but oh well. Niners win! Panthers win! Springfield win! Great day!

-ghoste

3 sacks and an INT? The Bosa train is flying down the rails at full speed. Didnt think he would have this big of impact this early on. Armstead had a great game too.
Sherman can still ball as well. Think that's 2 INTs for him already.

Everything is clicking on D and offense is slowly getting better. If we beat SEA two weeks from now, we winning the division!

Staley and Witherspoon should be back by SEA game no?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
3 sacks and an INT? The Bosa train is flying down the rails at full speed. Didnt think he would have this big of impact this early on. Armstead had a great game too.

Everything is clicking on D and offense is slowly getting better. If we beat SEA two weeks from now, we winning the division!

I think Sherm has three now. And I believe those guys will be back for the Seattle game, maybe Juice as well.

-ghoste

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

He's Making SF Great Again.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Kendrick Nunn has been a pleasant surprise for The Heat so far. The team looks pretty good.

What a find by the scouts. Props to GSW for letting him go too lol.

Really impressed early on. Dragic looks great off the bench and Herro is fearless shooting the ball.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Going to be a great game 7 tonight! Very happy Mad Max is going to get to pitch after not being able to in game 5.

If I was the Astros I would be very scared. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad