OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2015-17 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Finland vs. France Eurobasket.

source.gif

Insane game.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
^ vs. Poland too. 1 min 30 sec left on the clock and 9 pts behind and what happened? :nod:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I've found a way to defeat the Patriots. As a Fins Fan I've never drafted or played Tom Brady in fantasy football. This year he's my starter!!! Tom Brady can't win for me. I'm a fins fan. It goes against every law in the universe.

I'll be starting him all season.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Well. Dolphins won. I'll take it after missing week 1 and well players being rusty.

Dallas... sweet jesus

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
So Jeter has apparently asked Samson, who will not be retained, to fire Dawson, Conine, McKeon, and Tony Perez, because he did not want to do it. Is this a sign of things to come, or is it not a big deal? Just seems a bit shady that he told Samson to do it, rather than take care of it himself.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If the Dolphins can put it together(I know I'm asking for a lot) I feel like they would be able to challenge for division title. The Pats look shaky so far this season and I feel we would have a shot at it if our team could not only show up to games but actually play.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Offense needs to come alive. TBD if that can happen with Cutler and this ratchet offensive line.
Defense has been ok, but teams will probably force Cutler to beat them.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Ichiro is wasting his time playing for the Marlins. They are nowhere near contention. If he wants to play longer he should play for a team with an actual chance of winning the World Series. It's the same thing as Ovechkin's insistence of playing for the Caps despite losing to Pittsburgh teams that eventually won the Cup the last two years.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Well looks like Miami will be firing their OL coach Chris Foerster... the guy recorded himself snorting a white powdered "substance" while chatting with his partner about missing her and getting "high" with her. Ouch....Miami is turning into a season of Ballers.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Even though they won, it doesn't feel like a victory.

Cutler was putrid yesterday. I dunno if he ever set his feel once when throwing it, even without pressure.
Getting tired of Gase keeping him in there.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Even though they won, it doesn't feel like a victory.

Cutler was putrid yesterday. I dunno if he ever set his feel once when throwing it, even without pressure.
Getting tired of Gase keeping him in there.

Cutler shows absolutely ZERO emotion. I really believe that this team would be better off with Moore right now. I bet the team would play with a bit more fire for him as well. Cutler's body expressions shows me that other than that fat one year deal, he does not care. Having said that, Im all for them sticking with Cutler, just so we can get a better draft pick.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Vendetta, my fellow Jags fan. Your thoughts on this season so far?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Vendetta, my fellow Jags fan. Your thoughts on this season so far?

Don't they have one of the best defensive pass rushes in the league? Don't know if it was more Big Ben sucking or Jags finally playing as a playoff caliber team? If Bortles can take a big step forward, they have a real shot at winning their division (don't know the difficulty of their schedule though). A lot will have to go right but it looks promising.

Tennessee is a threat but MM is still young and bound to make mistakes.
Houston just lost Watt and their quarterback is on fire but ran into a KC team that may win it all.

I'm a Niners fan so I have been watching random teams this year and watched most of the game on Sunday. Think Bortles only threw 2 or 3 passes in the second half which is a sign of a decent run game and clock management.

MPGA

Nov 25, 2013
Don't they have one of the best defensive pass rushes in the league? Don't know if it was more Big Ben sucking or Jags finally playing as a playoff caliber team? If Bortles can take a big step forward, they have a real shot at winning their division (don't know the difficulty of their schedule though). A lot will have to go right but it looks promising.

Tennessee is a threat but MM is still young and bound to make mistakes.
Houston just lost Watt and their quarterback is on fire but ran into a KC team that may win it all.

I'm a Niners fan so I have been watching random teams this year and watched most of the game on Sunday. Think Bortles only threw 2 or 3 passes in the second half which is a sign of a decent run game and clock management.

The pass rush has been lethal but the real strength of the defense is the secondary. AJ Bouye and especially Jalen Ramsey are bona fide shut down corners. Big Ben definitely isn't the same guy this year, but you certainly won't see him getting picked off 5 times at home very often. The Jags D is a legit top 5 unit.

The schedule is probably the easiest in the league going forward so it should be interesting how it plays out. We did lose to the Jets after all lol.

As for Bortles, I have absolutely no hope for the guy. He has his moments but the guy just isn't accurate and can't be trusted to make good decisions. I hope we move on next year. I think the defense and Fournette can carry us to an 8-8 or 9-7 record this year. Alot better than anything in the past 7 years.

Your Niners can easily be 4-1 or 3-2 right now lol. Some tough losses, but some of the young pieces they have on defense are impressive. It's basically year 1 of the rebuild, so hopefully the Lynch-Shanahan regime can lead yall to a quick turnaround.

MPGA

Nov 25, 2013
IF only you guys had a QB, then the Jags would be scary. Hindsight, should of traded for Jacob Brissett.

I'm with you. With somebody like Brissett we would be the heavy favorites to win the division. Bortles is terrible. Such a shame, he actually looked very promising in his 2nd year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad