All new 2016 minor league logo and uniform changes

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Sorry again for bumping the thread, but the Great Lakes Loons (Class A, Midwest League, Dodgers Affiliate) updated the logos.

CbG7qRpW0AURKzl.png

Other than the two loons with hats, good update.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
The expansion New Britain Bees (independent, Atlantic League) unveiled their uniforms for their inaugural season:

Uniform%20Unveil.jpg

The only annoyance is the "Hardware City" moniker on the alternate jersey. Other than that, solid set.

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The expansion New Britain Bees (independent, Atlantic League) unveiled their uniforms for their inaugural season:

Uniform%20Unveil.jpg

The only annoyance is the "Hardware City" moniker on the alternate jersey. Other than that, solid set.

Better that than what the Rock Cats did at first - from 1995 until 1996 they were the Hardware City Rock Cats. Similarly for two seasons (2000 until 2001) the Stockton Ports were the Mudville Nine.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats (AA, Eastern League) will wear a bipartisan jersey for opening day and fans can vote as to which cap the team will wear - a blue cap featuring the Democratic donkey or a red cap featuring the Republican elephant.

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

For what it's worth, this hews close to the original branding the Fisher Cats chose after relocating from New Haven, CT to New Hampshire - they were originally going to be the New Hampshire Primaries before they rebranded as the Fisher Cats.

new-hampshire-primaries-primary-logo.gif

new-hampshire-primaries-secondary.gif

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats (AA, Eastern League) will wear a bipartisan jersey for opening day and fans can vote as to which cap the team will wear - a blue cap featuring the Democratic donkey or a red cap featuring the Republican elephant.

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

For what it's worth, this hews close to the original branding the Fisher Cats chose after relocating from New Haven, CT to New Hampshire - they were originally going to be the New Hampshire Primaries before they rebranded as the Fisher Cats.

new-hampshire-primaries-primary-logo.gif

new-hampshire-primaries-secondary.gif

Yikes. I almost puked at those.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I may be breaking the rules, but according to another forum, the Binghamton Mets (Double A, Eastern League) are moving to the A-Short Season New York-Penn League for the 2017 season, and is having a Name the Team contest. Where's the AA team moving to?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I may be breaking the rules, but according to another forum, the Binghamton Mets (Double A, Eastern League) are moving to the A-Short Season New York-Penn League for the 2017 season, and is having a Name the Team contest. Where's the AA team moving to?

As I said in the other thread you posted this in:

I haven't heard that was going to happen now that the original planned sale of the B-Mets to Main Street Baseball fell through. That plan was for Main Street to buy thet B-Mets, relocate them to Wilmington, DE then sell the Advanced-A Blue Rocks to the Texas Rangers who would then move them to Kinston, NC at least temporarily. A New York-Penn League team would then have moved into NYSEG Stadium and taken over the Binghamton market. BUT since the sale to Main Street fell through and the team was sold to John Hughes instead, the plan, at least to my understanding, is to keep them in the Eastern League. They are, however, planning a rebranding after this season from what I've heard.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The Durham Bulls have unveiled a new alternate, their Bull City Blues uniform - it'll be worn for every Saturday home game.

3132b65f-ce64-4515-96c1-d3a78cf52190.jpg

A tribute to the past, present, and future of the Bull City

The Durham Bulls 'D' is iconic. A snorting bull, leaping through a block letter D has been a staple of the city of Durham, North Carolina, and Minor League Baseball for decades.

But in 2016, there will be a bold new addition to the rich tradition of Durham Bulls baseball. The team's new Bull City Blues uniforms - to be worn on Saturday home games beginning in mid-May - unite the city's gritty history with its vibrant present and future.

The uniform features two colors never-before associated with the Bulls. First, a bold new orange represents the progress and bright future of Durham. The city's vivacity, from its innovative spirit to its diverse culture, is symbolized in this fresh, robust orange. Second, the navy blue is not only a tribute to the Bulls' Major League affiliate - the Tampa Bay Rays - but is also a symbol of the community's urban roots, and pays homage to the blue-collar history of the tobacco industry that helped Durham grow into the city it is today.

f744b183-5475-403b-a4a1-73dc7b825f40.jpg

The Uniform

The uniform's solid, heavy navy gives it a rugged base, a homage to Durham's rich and diverse history. The orange, highlighting the uniform, represents where Durham is today and where the city is going. This is the uniform where the past, present and future come together to represent the Bull City.

A New Era in Bulls on-field caps

For the first time in Durham Bulls history, the crown of the cap will feature a 3D logo. Previously, the Bulls have always worn a flat-stitched, on-field cap, but the Bull City Blues hat breaks the mold.

A minimal approach, a classic style

The process of creating an alternate uniform for a franchise steeped in tradition and history was no easy task. Finding the balance of honoring all that Durham has to offer, while still maintaining the class and dignity of the franchise was the main goal of the Bulls' design team.

Counting stitches

Throughout the process, the Bulls worked with Rawlings and New Era to ensure the team would be able to accomplish the look it was aiming for. After sampling various embroidery and tackle twill, the final look was fitting for the team's vision.

Rays Up

It's only fitting the Tampa Bay Rays' logo is donned on the uniform's right sleeve, as the Durham Bulls are the only Triple-A affiliate the Rays have ever had. The 2016 season marks the 19th consecutive season the two organizations have been affiliated with one another, tied for the third-longest affiliation in Triple-A baseball. While searching for a rich base for the uniform, Tampa Bay's blue stood out as the perfect choice.

Numbers don't lie

Unlike Durham's three main jerseys, the team's Bull City Blues uniforms will not bear names on the back. This is done to unify the city behind one team, which plays for each other above all else.

The numbers are comprised of three layers: the main numbers in Bull City Blue, and orange and white outlines. Together, the uniform's back is simple, meaningful, and tough.

The Bulls, and in particular our creative team, took great pride in the design of this uniform. From the fabrics our vendors provided to the leather pigments on the team's belt, we had to nail this look. It's not only a tribute to this historic franchise and brand, but a way to honor this amazing city.

Mike Birling, General Manager

An ode to 1868

For the Bull City Blues, all players will wear knicker-style pants, a deviation from what is most commonly seen today. In 1868 the knickers-style was adopted by baseball teams, which was an idea borrowed from cricket. The uniforms feature knickers as a tribute to the game's history, and the important part baseball has played in Durham's revitalization.

Not just stripes

The knicker-style pants will showcase the uniform's socks, which are highlighted by three stripes: two orange and one white. The stripes represent the three points of the Triangle, and the white stripe symbolizes Durham as the home of the Bulls for the franchise's storied history.

Last edited:

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
For one night, the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs become The Cheesesteaks. You decide if the Cheesesteaks have wit (with onions) or without (without onions). I think this is more Philadelphia's territory, but since the Ironpigs are the Phillies' top minor league team, I can see why they are doin it.

So, should they be rename Pat's or Geno's?

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
For one night, the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs become The Cheesesteaks. You decide if the Cheesesteaks have with (with onions) or without (without onions). I think this is more Philadelphia's territory, but since the Ironpigs are the Phillies' top minor league team, I can see why they are doin it.

So, should they be rename Pat's or Geno's?

Neither. Tony Luke's!

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
The only gripe of the new idea is the differences between the "Wit" and "Without" are small on the cap and socks. (Yes, the Cheesesteaks have custom socks for each team. The Kobe-fication is strong in sports.) Here's what I found:

Wit:

59FIFTY_CHEESESTEAK_WIT_500.jpg

Witout:

59FIFTY_CHEESESTEAK_WITOUT_500.jpg

Edit 2: Found the Jersey on the Lehigh Valley Cheesesteaks website:

gallery-steaks-jersey.jpg

Socks wit other memorabilia:

gallery5-large.jpg

I might have to go to Philly and get me a authentic Cheesesteak (Philadelphia residents omit the "Philadelphia" portion from the name, just cheesesteak.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad