OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part 5

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
If anyone has a Pro Player NJD jersey (Replica OR Authentic, I like both cause the logo is stitched in on either, unlike new replicas...), would they be interested in selling it? Doesn't matter about the home or away colors either.

Or direct to some place or someone who sells/is selling?

would be much loved and appreciated.

Last edited:

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Can someone post a few pics of their Dorholt throwback replica? I've been looking for a white one for a while (already have a vintage red one). Would prefer to get a real one from the period, but I always seem to miss out on them on ebay, so maybe I'll go with a Dorholt version.

On his website, the logo's look a little bit wonky (especially the horns -- they look more "U-shaped" than pointy, like the real ones). But those pics may be old.

Also would like to know how heavy they are. I usually prefer the lighter weight replicas since they're much more comfortable to wear, especially come playoff time.

Edit: Actually, I see a few newer pics on his Facebook page and the logos look better. All pointy and such.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If anyone has a Pro Player NJD jersey (Replica OR Authentic, I like both cause the logo is stitched in on either, unlike new replicas...), would they be interested in selling it? Doesn't matter about the home or away colors either.

Or direct to some place or someone who sells/is selling?

would be much loved and appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jersey-...8548?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f23519424

Hopefully 54 would fit. Off the top of my head, 52 is XL and 56 is XXL.

Bought a Pro Player replica for Xmas along with the NHL2000 patch. Eventually will have it customized with Scott Stevens.

waltdorholt

Dec 3, 2008
Can someone post a few pics of their Dorholt throwback replica? I've been looking for a white one for a while (already have a vintage red one). Would prefer to get a real one from the period, but I always seem to miss out on them on ebay, so maybe I'll go with a Dorholt version.

On his website, the logo's look a little bit wonky (especially the horns -- they look more "U-shaped" than pointy, like the real ones). But those pics may be old.

Also would like to know how heavy they are. I usually prefer the lighter weight replicas since they're much more comfortable to wear, especially come playoff time.

Edit: Actually, I see a few newer pics on his Facebook page and the logos look better. All pointy and such.

Apparently, you arent aware of this, but I stand behind my jerseys! If you order one and think it sucks, I'll gladly exchange or refund your order. But everyone loves them, so I dont think you will have any problems with it.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Apparently, you arent aware of this, but I stand behind my jerseys! If you order one and think it sucks, I'll gladly exchange or refund your order. But everyone loves them, so I dont think you will have any problems with it.

Gotcha, and I figured as much.

I just sent a coworker your way. He wants his old, mesh, xmas white jersey Daneyko-ed.

JerseySideOfTheRiver

Geaux Devils
Feb 5, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
IMG_0050-1_zpsc31cd8bc.jpg

simple question. wear it or frame it? i spent $200 on the jersey, just got it signed today. everything is 100% authentic. don't know whether to frame it or wear it

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wasn't one to wear signed jerseys, but I see others wearing them all the time. I have a few signed that I haven't worn, but that I collect. Did you meet Claude at the benefit game?

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I'm not one to wear signed jerseys. I haven't gotten many signed (probably only 2-3 that I can think of). I've gotten a couple of hats signed that I did wear. I'm indifferent about that decision. But if you like the idea of having it framed, I would go for that. If you care enough about the autograph that you DON'T want it to fade/get worn from use, then that's the best bet. If you don't care if that happens over time from wearing the jersey, then that's a totally acceptable option too. And cheaper than having to buy a frame.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I was to get an 'A' on my Zajac jersey, where would be the best and/or cheapest place to do it? Does the Rock do captain letters?

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
I was to get an 'A' on my Zajac jersey, where would be the best and/or cheapest place to do it? Does the Rock do captain letters?

Yes the Rock has captain letters and they are good quality. Don't know the price for just the letter though, would assume around $15 to put it on.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Has anyone ever seen this video? Marty showing off his jerseys that he had up until 2002. He looks so young, but man what a collection! his jerseys are sweet

the video is hilarious because it's the unedited version.

he even yells at his kids in the video. :laugh:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Travis-Zaja...3557?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cd0fa7895

This seem fishy to anyone else? Authentic, sewn on letters and numbers. Price seems too good to be true.

:laugh:

When did Reebok start putting their name and not the logo above the name plate? The mesh is far too large and shiny also. Is that a grey stripe at the bottom instead of white?

FAKE. Probably a chinese counterfeit.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4414082&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

and seriously NHL.com... stop trolling us with the Parise jersey as the sample pic. It's been almost a year now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad