Post-Game Talk: All it takes is one

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
The one thing I miss most about playing in the central is the reaction of Blues fans whenever the Wings beat them.

It will take a while for a team in the Atlantic's fans to hate the Wings THAT much.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Speaking of criminally underrated...

Phaneuf, 28 points, -11, ~24 mins a night
DeKeyser, 25 points, +10, ~20 mins a night

I honestly don't understand why DeKeyser gets sold so short around here. We've got these silly "good play vs bad play" homegrown subjective statistics and everyone's eyeball tests seem to confirm their own biases that DeKeyser hasn't been playing well.

But yet the stat sheet at the end of the day confirms over and over that DeKeyser is playing fantastic hockey.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

I honestly don't understand why DeKeyser gets sold so short around here. We've got these silly "good play vs bad play" homegrown subjective statistics and everyone's eyeball tests seem to confirm their own biases that DeKeyser hasn't been playing well.

But yet the stat sheet at the end of the day confirms over and over that DeKeyser is playing fantastic hockey.

i guess alot of people think switch teams and based on historical individual nhl stats and talent level that Phaneuf on Detroit would do a heck of a lot better then Dekeyser on the 2014-2015 TML.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
i guess alot of people think switch teams and based on historical individual nhl stats and talent level that Phaneuf on Detroit would do a heck of a lot better then Dekeyser on the 2014-2015 TML.

DeKeyser is in his second full year in the NHL and has shown a steady improvement while Dion has been declining the past four seasons. He also costs about $5 million more dollars. The "upgrade" Phaneuf would provide doesn't justify his salary.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
The one thing I miss most about playing in the central is the reaction of Blues fans whenever the Wings beat them.

It will take a while for a team in the Atlantic's fans to hate the Wings THAT much.

Hahahah
They were so salty over that broken stick goal...

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
DeKeyser is in his second full year in the NHL and has shown a steady improvement while Dion has been declining the past four seasons. He also costs about $5 million more dollars. The "upgrade" Phaneuf would provide doesn't justify his salary.

or, you could say in dions case in his 2nd full season in the nhl he had 17 goals, 50pts, plus 10, 100pims, did so while being 3 years younger then dekeyser and did so on a worse team then the 2014-2015 DRW therefore since we're foreseeing the future dekeyser is not going to ever be the nhl player phaneuf has been.

come on man as good as dekeyser has been for us these past two seasons he isnt on the same level as phaneuf and thats ok

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Hahahah
They were so salty over that broken stick goal...

I don't blame them. The rules are the rules. I remember that happening to the wings a few years ago. It was a meaningless goal in a game that was out of hand but it was upsetting nonetheless.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
or, you could say in dions case in his 2nd full season in the nhl he had 17 goals, 50pts, plus 10, 100pims, did so while being 3 years younger then dekeyser and did so on a worse team then the 2014-2015 DRW therefore since we're foreseeing the future dekeyser is not going to ever be the nhl player phaneuf has been.

come on man as good as dekeyser has been for us these past two seasons he isnt on the same level as phaneuf and thats ok

Dion was a great player 8 years ago. He isn't now.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Dion was a great player 8 years ago. He isn't now.

Do the Leafs have any players right now who you would consider great? Is it really possible that they're all terrible now? I think a ton of very good players could go to a team like the Leafs and look terrible.

Same people said Myers wasn't good, he looks pretty ****ing good on a team like the Jets. He'd look great here.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

When has Dekeyser ever been sold short around here? Is he ever ranked as anything but our 2nd best d-man?
Imo his play has dropped off a bit the last weeks or so. More giveaways, a few more defensive mistakes. Nothing too bad and the last few games are a step in the right direction again, but it's worth keeping an eye on considering his play took a turn for the worse late last season. Also, his stats are solid, not fantastic imo and Phaneuf is the #1 guy on a terrible team while Dekeyser is #3 on a good team, so different roles.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
do you honestly think if dekeyser were on the this years leafs he would look better then phaneuf did?

if yes then that's cool that's your opinion

if no, then clearly phaenuf is the better dman

He would lose his golden-boy local status if this was the case. Heck had he done it out of Western, signing with our biggest rival my guess is he would be quite despised. It would actually likely be the opposite of the status he enjoys now. Negativity without objectivity as opposed to positivity without objectivity. The truth would likely be equally hard to discern in that scenario.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I don't blame them. The rules are the rules. I remember that happening to the wings a few years ago. It was a meaningless goal in a game that was out of hand but it was upsetting nonetheless.

Fair enough. Guess ya don't mind it so much when the call goes your way.

Nonetheless, as some people have already said here, the Wings have had so many bull **** calls go against them this season, us Wings fans will take this one and not feel the slightest bit guilty about it. Karma as far as I'm concerned....

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I wore my Wings shirt in the recording studio today. Needless to say, I enjoyed the tears of everyone else in the room when Abdelkader scored. Hahahahahaha

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

The Miller scrap, big moment in the game in my opinion.

Watch the Blues logo fly right off the helmet.:laugh: Probably not the best idea if you're Miller just to hammer away on the actual helmet. But still great job by Miller

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
do you honestly think if dekeyser were on the this years leafs he would look better then phaneuf did?

if yes then that's cool that's your opinion

if no, then clearly phaenuf is the better dman

One is a second-year player the other is 10-year veteran. Of course Phaneuf is better right now. But I don't think it's by much, and I certainly don't think it's worth the salary and baggage that comes along with it.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

The Miller scrap, big moment in the game in my opinion.

Watch the Blues logo fly right off the helmet.:laugh: Probably not the best idea if you're Miller just to hammer away on the actual helmet. But still great job by Miller

Dude holds his own in every situation. He's a pretty solid player. If he were more superlative in any way he'd probably be a top6 guy. Like, faster, or bigger, or better shot. He's got real good instincts and board skills.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Do the Leafs have any players right now who you would consider great? Is it really possible that they're all terrible now? I think a ton of very good players could go to a team like the Leafs and look terrible.

Same people said Myers wasn't good, he looks pretty ****ing good on a team like the Jets. He'd look great here.

Kessel, Bernier, and JVR are all great hockey players having anywhere from terrible to okay seasons.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Dude holds his own in every situation. He's a pretty solid player. If he were more superlative in any way he'd probably be a top6 guy. Like, faster, or bigger, or better shot. He's got real good instincts and board skills.

Last time he got in a fight he got mauled.

More superlative in any way and he could be a top 6 guy... Couldn't you say this for virtually every player in the NHL?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

More superlative in any way and he could be a top 6 guy... Couldn't you say this for virtually every player in the NHL?

I don't think everyone has as great a hockey sense as he does. He's very aware of everything at all times imo. Very rarely do you say "Miller, what the hell are you thinking?" when he does something.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I don't think everyone has as great a hockey sense as he does. He's very aware of everything at all times imo. Very rarely do you say "Miller, what the hell are you thinking?" when he does something.

Right. Some players have great physical skills but lack the hockey sense. Miller is the opposite.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I see. Can't ever deny that he's a smart player. For sure.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Perhaps more accurately, if he were more superlative in any way he could be a very good top 6 forward. He thinks the game like a top 6 forward but is just decidedly average in his physical capability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad