Post-Game Talk: All is Well! Pens 6, Edmonton - Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Shouldn't this be called the let's all talk **** on Lovejoy thread?

I don't really mind this. They looked good against teams that were better like LA, Sharks, and Ducks. They looked good one period, totally blew the Oilers out and then let them get back in. Happens to the best of teams all the time.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Adams was one of the few bright spots. When the team got into trouble, he was able to beam leadership thoughts to them using ESP.

What a warrior. The indispensable man

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
- steiggy. really terrible

+ crosby
+ malkin getting his 700th point. he was pretty quiet through most of the game though
- lovejoy. rough game
- fleury. rough game

- team almost falling in a the trap game

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
18:01 TOI for Chris Kunitz, 2nd behind only Malkin and more PP time than every Penguins player except Letang.

It's on the coaches at this point.

I said it in the GDT. Sykora became exposed as a linemate for Geno and Feds in 2009 after the coaching change, when his skating got exposed. He was always a half step too late, like Kunitz is now. It took falling behind 2-0 to the Caps for the coaches finally to admit it. I don't expect a similar admission this year when circumstances cry otherwise.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
------ Craigers most likely plays next game, based upon... well, nothing other than the team checking out after going up 4-0. It obviously wouldn't help, but Steiggy does have MJ on speed dial dontchaknow

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If there was ever a time to make Kunitz a healthy scratch, it's this weekend.

Mike Johnston doesn't have the balls.

****, he doesn't have the balls to use him as anything but the team's top winger at this point.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
It is a win. Horny and Perron looked good with Sid. Pens not real sharp but 2 points. DP will sit and needs to the next game. Ehrhoff is hopefully fine with Lovejoy and DP needs some box and watch time. Comeau and Kunitz were not that good tonight. that could be an issue.
Sid+
Cole+
Fourth line+

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
18:01 TOI for Chris Kunitz, 2nd behind only Malkin and more PP time than every Penguins player except Letang.

It's on the coaches at this point.

I said it in the GDT. Sykora became exposed as a linemate for Geno and Feds in 2009 after the coaching change, when his skating got exposed. He was always a half step too late, like Kunitz is now. It took falling behind 2-0 to the Caps for the coaches finally to admit it. I don't expect a similar admission this year when circumstances cry otherwise.
The insanity of that sentence. :laugh:

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Yay we so good!
Oh noes we SUK
YAY we're good again!!!

Exhausting. At least we have 6 months to get ready for the playoffs.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
+ Stat padding
+ Sidavitric Crronqvist flying out there
+ Neutral zone when we cared
+++++ Passes off the pads (we need this guys)

- Professionalism
- D-zone coverage
---- Despres (count the minuses folks!)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The insanity of that sentence. :laugh:

Really, what do you say at this point?

Kunitz is dog ****. It might not even look as bad if you treated him like he was Fedotenko circa 2009 instead of like he was Kunitz circa 2009.

It definitely would help Malkin to take a few shifts away from Kunitz, because he's getting zero every game. Only way Malkin gets ES minutes is if Kunitz is right there with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad