Post-Game Talk: All I got was a lousy tshirt

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
The oilers are clock watching....it's 4:30 and they go on holidays for 2 months when the day is over.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
TBH I don't really blame Hitchcock all that much. Tmac pretty much had the same roster and failed as well. This has mostly been the fault of Chiarelli for the inadequate roster. And obviously the certain OBC members that everyone wants outed.
Are you joking? Hitchcock came in here full of bluster, shooting his mouth off that he knew what was wrong with the team and needed 8 or 9 games to fix it. What he’s accomplished is providing us with a lifeless team that looks worse now.

8LX7psQ

Apr 13, 2010
Couple of positives.

1) Maybe Bob's seat gets a little warmer with all these 6-7 goal games?
2)Blue's broadcast team was a pleasure to listen to. They were great.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yup. No cap space, no tradeable assets, no blue chip prospects.... nothing.

Well I mean there is something when it comes to prospects, but they're not exactly ready to help the team yet.

Namely: Bouchard, Maximov, McLeod, and Samorukov.

They're all still in the CHL so they're easily a few years away, and god help us if whomever replaces Hitch decides they're ready for NHL action. Out of everyone too the only real bonafide blue chip prospect is Bouchard.

Also I still think there's some good promise in Bear, Jones, and Yamamoto.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Oh well.

upload_2019-3-20_6-0-41.png

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hopefully being thoroughly embarrassed and outclassed by every good team they've played down the stretch here will finally get it through the heads of the incompetents who run this organization that big changes are needed both in terms of management and in terms of player personnel.

But then I realize who is in charge. There is no hope.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hopefully being thoroughly embarrassed and outclassed by every good team they've played down the stretch here will finally get it through the heads of the incompetents who run this organization that big changes are needed both in terms of management and in terms of player personnel.

But then I realize who is in charge. There is no hope.
You know they’ll win a couple of those games and then they’ll think it’s the norm and not the exception.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
There really is little to look forward to with this mess. It's worse watching this happen with mcdavid. Maybe he'll just retire.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Are you joking? Hitchcock came in here full of bluster, shooting his mouth off that he knew what was wrong with the team and needed 8 or 9 games to fix it. What he’s accomplished is providing us with a lifeless team that looks worse now.
Can’t wait to hear his post game excuse tonight

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton

Yeah, and still I respect Hitchcock as the coach because hes accomplish more than any one of us will do in hockey. The players that are good, are the only ones that are still producing. He can't get anything else with the remaining roster. Putting it completely on Hitchcock is pretty absurd.
This is a roster and talent recognition failure.
You expect any other coach to produce different results with this roster? I highly doubt it.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Couple of positives.

1) Maybe Bob's seat gets a little warmer with all these 6-7 goal games?
2)Blue's broadcast team was a pleasure to listen to. They were great.

Darren Pang?

I've always liked him. He's like the good twin of Remenda. Although Remenda wasn't bad tonight, the bit he had about the Toronto media bitching about the net coming off had me howling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad