Post-Game Talk: All Good Things Wasn’t Pickard’s Last Story

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Who made the kindling David Rittich style at the end there?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Good to pull this one out. Losing against a crap team after that disappointing loss vs Vegas could have started a bit of a spiral down. Back on track! I hope!

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not sure what knobblauch was thinking with the defence. If he wants to mix up the top 6 go for it but messing with the defense was very noticeable. I hope he realizes this unnecessary change and switches back.
Meh, all were fine in the end. Ceci and Kulak ended up with a +2 each.
Foegele,McL,Holloway line didn't buzz around much.. maybe needs some more time together.. 4th line was good especially Ryan. Still hope Gagner makes it

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Yo show is ugly.

Own zone discombobulation and odd man chances against. Suddenly cold PK. Old bad habit of giving up a quick goal after scoring. Not sure the coach's d-pairing switches worked with uncharacteristic mistakes. But Oil escape led by a volume shooter Kane with a one period McDavid game (+ 25% face-off night). Pickard bailed out a snoozing team early to keep them in it.

Enough to grind out a poor game W against a lottery team. Move on to a big game tomorrow.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Didn't think that game was too ugly. 2 PK goals against obviously a thing that hasn't been an issue lately. Another game where teams are just allowed to pretend McDavid is a ski-doo is a bit of a concern as well.

1707543892842.png

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I didn’t like our game tonight. Glad we pulled out the win but oof. I agree with Stauffer, this team should be putting the boots to teams like this. Terrible defensive game. Felt like Oilers of old.

I still don’t know what Knoblauch was doing with some of the D pairings. He generally has a good pulse on the game but not good tonight. I guess he eventually changed it, so least Hes not overly stubborn I guess.

Second line was effective. Kane was really going tonight. Never seen him skate as fast as he did on that empty net goal lol.

I didn’t like the first line much this game. McDavid forgot who he is for the first two periods. Was a great play by him on the third goal though. Nuge has to score that one goal on the PP. Both him and Hyman were pretty ineffective tonight.

I thought the third line was disappointing. I liked some of Holloway. I didn’t even notice Foegele tonight. Did he play?

Not a bad night for the fourth line at even strength but once again, they didn’t contribute. And PK was 0/2.

I don’t even know how to evaluate the D in this game. Despite the second goal, Nurse and VD were probably the best.

Reactions: Duke74 and K1984

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Thanks Kane.

Team took a couple periods to get over their winning streak hangover fully... but in the end got it done.

Pickard played well early and kept the team in there until the 3rd when the Oilers could grab those valuable 2 pts.

This game would have hurt with a loss as they play LA/Detroit/Blues next... and all 3 of those clubs are battling for a wildcard spot and won't be easy games.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Think we need to go back to old lines though.

I’d put McLeod back on line 2 and Holloway at center.

Needed this one because tomorrow is gonna be a grind.
Odd take. The 2nd line was the only line going for most of the game. I thought it worked well and Kane obviously did too. Perry makes so many sneaky quick puck movements he's an extra dimension of danger. While I feel the line has potential to get too fancy with one touches they were all over it tonight and should stay together.

Kane feeling if tor the first time in months and is it just me or is it because he's suddenly playing with Names again. I don't know, the guy turns it off, and turns it on. But where has this game been from Kane since December?

Strome with a solid game for the Ducks and obviously hot happy with Oilers dealing him for Ryan nothing Spooner. Guy was on a mission.

Overall Oilers were not good positionally in this game and giving up far too much. Take the W but from a coaching pov this one was garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad