All fans entering FNC will be subject to magnetometer (wand) screening

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
ENHANCED SECURITY PROCEDURES IMPLEMENTED AT FIRST NIAGARA CENTER

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that enhanced security procedures have been put in place at First Niagara Center. Beginning with Tuesday’s home game against the Los Angeles Kings, all Sabres fans entering the arena will be subject to a handheld magnetometer (wand) screening upon entry to the arena.

The handheld magnetometers have been in use on a limited basis at the arena since last season as part of gradual and pre-planned efforts to enhance security for games and events. However, to further comply with league-wide security policies mandated by the National Hockey League, the magnetometer screening has been expanded to include all patrons of First Niagara Center.

Fans attending games and events at First Niagara Center are encouraged to arrive early to ensure orderly entry into the arena.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Those who are willing to trade a little bit of liberty for a little bit of security are gonna end up getting the butt probe by each usher if they don't watch it. - ben franklin i think

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
It's really not that big of a a deal, Chicago was wanding everyone at the game I went to (granted they have a ton of gates).

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
It's really not that big of a a deal, Chicago was wanding everyone at the game I went to (granted they have a ton of gates).

And, if I remember right, the release said it was a league-wide mandate. So don't presume that the league is just picking on Buffalo.

The Sabres Facebook post on this matter has the usual P & V on display. You'll never see such whining and complaining in your life(unless you're here on a game night.... :) ).

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
So much for bringing my rocket launcher to the game to show Regier the proper way to blow up this roster.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
I don't care about getting wanded, but the grey coats didn't seem like they were very good at it. I wonder how long it will take to get through the line.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
:facepalm: You poor naive children, you really don't see what's going on here, do you?

Electromagnets and mind control go together like peanut butter and subliminal thoughts. Think you'll be starting a "Fire Darcy" chant? Think again, or more aptly, don't think, because these "wands" won't let you think bad thoughts about the Sabres ever again. :shakehead

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Those who are willing to trade a little bit of liberty for a little bit of security are gonna end up getting the butt probe by each usher if they don't watch it. - ben franklin i think

Finally something more pleasurable to do than watching the game

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
ahaha there's some posts in this thread that made me chuckle but yeah when I went last month to the Boston game, the guy at the gate scanned my ticket and I just walked right by the metal detector guy. I could of brought in a rocket launcher.

Security is on point always in the FNC lol

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Non issue.

I guess someone ^ doesn't go to too many events with security wands. Most sporting arenas/stadiums, amusement parks, large public events that use these security wands rarely check every single person, every single purse, every single jacket, every single time. It just doesn't happen. It's life.

Non issue

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
They always wand me because I wear a hoody under my jersey and such so it looks like I'm bulky and pack heat I guess. Maybe that's what they're going for. They won't wand everyone. I'm guessing the people that look bigger via equipment and such.

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
I've actually used these things working security at a couple Bills games last year.

I would anticipate that they'll be scanning every single person in the building, that's at least how it works for the Bills.

Do me a favor and be nice to whoever scans you in, nobody likes a jerk and I can assure you those people aren't being paid enough for the extreme annoyance that comes with scanning thousands of people in.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
ahaha there's some posts in this thread that made me chuckle but yeah when I went last month to the Boston game, the guy at the gate scanned my ticket and I just walked right by the metal detector guy. I could of brought in a rocket launcher.

Security is on point always in the FNC lol

Non issue.

I guess someone ^ doesn't go to too many events with security wands. Most sporting arenas/stadiums, amusement parks, large public events that use these security wands rarely check every single person, every single purse, every single jacket, every single time. It just doesn't happen. It's life.

Non issue

The detectors were in limited use for prior games, but are supposed to be used on everyone going forward. Not a huge deal, but I would expect that it will take a lot longer to get in. Especially the first couple of times. After that, they'll probably have to (unofficially) go back to selective scanning.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So the team gives everyone the trans-anal wand, may as well wave another one at the fans going in.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I've gotten the wand a couple times randomly at FNC before these new implementations, it isn't a big deal but I don't see what was suspicious about me

So much for bringing my rocket launcher to the game to show Regier the proper way to blow up this roster.

My candidate for post of the year :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad