All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Beckie off for Leon, Quinn off for Grosso. At least some changes were made.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I’m not a leon fan.

Also thankful Prince wasn’t taken off.

Need a better connection between the midfield and the rest of team

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Right on cue, Leon with a Werner-esque swing and a miss there

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Definitely better so far. Looks like they have changed tactics a bit to get Fleming forward more.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
LOL, nothing 50/50 about that. Labbe had position, was stationary and had her hands out to catch the ball when the Swede crashed into her from the side.

She had absolutely no chance of getting to the ball first so it was a reckless challenge.
It’s a floated ball in the air. Labbe being there doesn’t mean she can’t be challenged for it and the Swede was pushed by the Canadian defender. If you’re that worried about any contact then go up with your knee up to protect yourself.

I played keeper. That’s normal shit in the box.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Don't mind him he's still salty Canada beat the US; he thinks the penalty we got was a foul on the American player LOL
Only Canada can clatter into a player making a play on the ball and still play the victim. Notice how I at least have the balls to respond directly to you.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s a floated ball in the air. Labbe being there doesn’t mean she can’t be challenged for it and the Swede was pushed by the Canadian defender. If you’re that worried about any contact then go up with your knee up to protect yourself.

I played keeper. That’s normal shit in the box.

I play as a defender.

Someone runs into my keeper as the ball is going right into their hands and that’s a problem.

Any time there is contact with the keeper it’s concerning, but when the ball is literally on a straight trajectory into the keeper’s hands, it is particularly unnecessary.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I play as a defender.

Someone runs into my keeper as the ball is going right into their hands and that’s a problem.

Any time there is contact with the keeper it’s concerning, but when the ball is literally on a straight trajectory into the keeper’s hands, it is particularly unnecessary.
Keepers don’t need to be babied. It’s a fair ball to go after. The keeper standing there doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go for the ball. That’s silly.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Keepers don’t need to be babied. It’s a fair ball to go after. The keeper standing there doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go for the ball. That’s silly.

That’s ridiculous.

When the keeper has position and isn’t moving and the ball is headed straight into their hands, you can’t crash into them late.

Your scenario is absurd.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
In general, Huitema should be playing more minutes than she has this tournament.
Sinclair is so deep I'm not even sure what role she's playing here. Put on Huitema and use her as an actual striker, start making some runs.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That’s ridiculous.

When the keeper has position and isn’t moving and the ball is headed straight into their hands, you can’t crash into them late.

Your scenario is absurd.
If it wasn’t a keeper no one would think twice about two people going for a header.

like let’s play this out with the penalty canada was given. If rose didn’t go for the ball because it was about to be kicked by davidson, nothing would have happened.

like is it a foul? Sure, no problem. But just get up and keep playing instead of trying to be intimidating or whatever labbe was on about.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sinclair is so deep I'm not even sure what role she's playing here. Put on Huitema and use her as an actual striker, start making some runs.
She is Harry Kane right now but without the passing range and hold-up play..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad