Injury Report: All-encompassing injury thread 2014-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
May as well get this thread started for a new season.

@AnsarKhanMLive
Wings' Pavel Datsyuk injured his shoulder on check from Rob Scuderi. Wings said he'll be re-evaluated tomorrow.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
You were just dying to start this thread weren't you? Or some type of bad news, pessimistic thread.

Hopefully nothing serious for Pav. I'm just thrilled it's not the knee.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Hoping for the best, better be no serious injury all over again. We need Dats and his magic hands. I'll cross my fingers, get well soon, Dats.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Helms injury was just a flesh wound, right?

I refuse to believe that Datsuyk is seriously injured, until proven otherwise.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Babcock said Datsyuk not skating today. Shoulder still being evaluated.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 55 s
Babcock said Darren Helm and Ryan Sproul also aren't skating today.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
There was 4 minutes left in the game when he left. That wasn't the first reckless hit the Pens delivered that game. It was probably mostly precautionary.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
This seems like a good sign:

ByL1TsYCMAAyadT.jpg

So it begins..

Season hasn't even started yet and D is injured. Fire Piet :sarcasm:

Bring back John Wharton!

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Babcock said Datsyuk not skating today. Shoulder still being evaluated.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 55 s
Babcock said Darren Helm and Ryan Sproul also aren't skating today.

Personally, I'd wrap Helm in bubble wrap and keep him out of the preseason.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah his fb post doesn't mean anything. He's never been the guy to take a ton of abuse as he mostly gets out of big hits and such, I just can't believe how frail he has become the last couple of years.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Yeah his fb post doesn't mean anything. He's never been the guy to take a ton of abuse as he mostly gets out of big hits and such, I just can't believe how frail he has become the last couple of years.

It's mostly been knee and wrist injuries. That has little to do with being frail or not. Dats is in rock solid shape physically.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2 min
Helm has a broken nose from the stick to the face last night. Sproul is just sore.

Helm should just roll with a full plastic visor / face mask for like ever. To go along with wrist and skate guards and a bullet proof vest like Cam Newton wears.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Is this real life? This can't happen for the 3rd straight year.....

Sit Datsyuk for the entire preseason for all I care, without him 100% and healthy, we are going nowhere.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This thread will be top of the page all year even if it's not stickied. 1 game in we're down 5 players (counting Alfie and Mantha).

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2 min
Helm has a broken nose from the stick to the face last night. Sproul is just sore.

Is Helm going to wear a birdcage or is he going to be kept out for a while? Wasn't Emmerton who broke his nose last season and was kept out for a while?

Either way, he has some really, really bad luck.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Think some of you guys are over-reacting, unless the broken nose impedes his breathing I don't see how it'll keep him out of the line up, he can just wear a full face guard.

Didn't see the game last night but NHL TOI report shows he finished the game out, when did he get hit?

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive · 10m
Pavel Datsyuk said he'll have an MRI on shoulder, likely on Wednesday. Doesn't seem to think it's serious. Estimated he'd be out a week.

Last edited:

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Datsyuk is fine. Probably just a little sore and they'll rest him to make sure he's ok. Season is still a few weeks away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad