All Encompassing Coaching Status Thread | TOR hire Paul McFarland as an Assistant Coach

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You’re right. I’ve really been missing the losing culture that I’d been watching for 15 years prior.

Why make the young players earn their ice time? You can just give it to them?

I think one issue people have with Babcock is that when young players earn their ice time, Babcock should you know, actually give them the ice time instead of sticking with the gudpros.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You keep talking like Hyman couldn't skate out there, he played well during the playoffs, with the injury. losing a faceoff doesn't mean an auto goal against... are you trying to blame game 6 and 7 on Hyman?

He's a huge reason that our PK was 50% over the course of the series.

Again, he got outscored 13-5, how is that playing well?

Reactions: weems and kb

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
Good list
I'd add no accountability - all he does is finger point. And whing to the media/undermining your GM
It was well documented in the Detroit media that he did the same thing with ken holland. Constant passive aggressive tug of war with his boss, under utilizing or shelving players that holland would provide him with.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
'Think the Leafs will bring in someone like Trent Yawney or a younger up and coming coach.? Sure, at Edmonton he didn't look good, but no one did last year.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
He is arguably their best PK’er and most didn’t know he was hurt. They hear news after and criticize in hindsight. Shocking stuff, really.

The biggest problem is that Zach Hyman wants to win wayyyyyy more than almost everyone else. That makes the coaches job tough sometimes.

I keep seeing this argument. "You guys didn't know until after". "Nobody knew. Easy to say this in hindsight".

What relevance does this have?

Who cares if Bob watching the game at home didn't know Hyman was hurt. The coach knows. The GM knows. The medical staff knows. The people who actually make the decisions for who plays knows.

A healthy superstar center can get owned by Berg on the draws and we sent a dude on one leg.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It was well documented in the Detroit media that he did the same thing with ken holland. Constant passive aggressive tug of war with his boss, under utilizing or shelving players that holland would provide him with.

I really want Babcock to achieve his dream of being a President/GM/Coach at the same time one day. It would be nice to have a team to dump your Marleaus and Browns to for free. Plus you get the added bonus of watching Babcock in front of the camera with no one else left to blame for his refusal to adapt.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I really want Babcock to achieve his dream of being a President/GM/Coach at the same time one day. It would be nice to have a team to dump your Marleaus and Browns to for free. Plus you get the added bonus of watching Babcock in front of the camera with no one else left to blame for his refusal to adapt.

the players choked in games 4, 6 and 7 ... the Bruins players came to play when their backs were against the wall. Try and understand Babcock is only the coach and not a player. Why didn't Matthews, Tavares, or Marner dominate one of those games and win it.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
the players choked in games 4, 6 and 7 ... the Bruins players came to play when their backs were against the wall. Try and understand Babcock is only the coach and not a player.

He got to pick who our penalty killers were. Are you telling me that out of all of our forwards, the best we could do is a 50% kill rate?

In game 4, Hyman was -3 at even strength, and had the most PK TOI on a unit that allowed 2 goals in 2 opportunities. That's 5 goals in a 6-4 loss, for those of you counting at home.

In game 6, Hyman was yet again the main part of a PK that allowed 2 goals in 2 opportunities, rocking a solid 17% faceoff win rate.

Did the Bruins "come to play" or were they just smart to abuse an injured penalty killer and bury us on the PP? Just going 1 for 2 in those games is enough to get it to a coinflip. We won the even strength battle just about every game, it's one very small and very specific part of the game that sunk us.

Why is it so hard to believe that playing a one-legged winger as your front line against one of the best PPs in the league is a bad idea and contributed to us losing in a big way?

weems

Jul 3, 2008
He got to pick who our penalty killers were. Are you telling me that out of all of our forwards, the best we could do is a 50% kill rate?

In game 4, Hyman was -3 at even strength, and had the most PK TOI on a unit that allowed 2 goals in 2 opportunities. That's 5 goals in a 6-4 loss, for those of you counting at home.

In game 6, Hyman was yet again the main part of a PK that allowed 2 goals in 2 opportunities, rocking a solid 17% faceoff win rate.

Did the Bruins "come to play" or were they just smart to abuse an injured penalty killer and bury us on the PP? Just going 1 for 2 in those games is enough to get it to a coinflip. We won the even strength battle just about every game, it's one very small and very specific part of the game that sunk us.

Why is it so hard to believe that playing a one-legged winger as your front line against one of the best PPs in the league is a bad idea and contributed to us losing in a big way?

Babcock is a great coach.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
the players choked in games 4, 6 and 7 ... the Bruins players came to play when their backs were against the wall. Try and understand Babcock is only the coach and not a player. Why didn't Matthews, Tavares, or Marner dominate one of those games and win it.
Not to mention, goalie pulls with 3 min remaining and no offensive zone possession.
Marleau as the extra man on??
Matthews collecting dust on the bench when the team is trailing while brown plays?

Reactions: weems and SAMCRO44

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marc Crawford has joined Chicago's staff for next season. So rule him out as well.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Guy Boucher is who I'd target, but he may not want to settle to be an assistant.
I think Shanahan has met with Babcock
hes too quiet, basically told him to look around the league
these other coaches ain't making 6 mil a year, but they are still playing and winning series
Babcock didn't play his horses enuff
even the casual fan knows it
the reason hes so quiet now is this may be the first time in his coaching life he got told how its gonna be to a certain extent
jim hillier s replacement will be a dubas guy
book it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad