AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I saw that Swerve got betrayed. Time for his former tag partner to make a big return:
1715223546834.png

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We'll see how it plays out but upon first glance it sure seems like AEW dropped the ball announcing the match and the entire AEW team on the same show. Maybe reveal FTR now and then reveal Kingston and Danielson in the days/weeks to come.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We'll see how it plays out but upon first glance it sure seems like AEW dropped the ball announcing the match and the entire AEW team on the same show. Maybe reveal FTR now and then reveal Kingston and Danielson in the days/weeks to come.
They revealed it last night on the show.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They revealed it last night on the show.

I know, that's my point. Why reveal it all on the one show? Why not give the viewer a reason to tune in next week (or a show later this week) to find out the remaining members? We'll see how it plays out. Right here today it looks like a missed opportunity.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Did people think there wasn’t going to be a match for this at the PPV or something? That isnt close to the end of what they can do with this feud. Still have Hangman and then Kenny’s actual return along with them looping Swerve into it last night.

Reactions: SnS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know, that's my point. Why reveal it all on the one show? Why not give the viewer a reason to tune in next week (or a show later this week) to find out the remaining members? We'll see how it plays out. Right here today it looks like a missed opportunity.
There’s only 2 more weeks until the PPV. How long do you want to wait to reveal the co-main event?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
There’s only 2 more weeks until the PPV. How long do you want to wait to reveal the co-main event?

They could of revealed one at Collision. Then another next weeks Dynamite. They could of done mystery partners (not my first choice however).

Like I said, they may have plans for their next few TVs that it all makes sense, so I don't want to judge to harshly. Maybe one of the current members gets attacked and taken out of the match and someone else added.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They could of revealed one at Collision. Then another next weeks Dynamite. They could of done mystery partners (not my first choice however).

Like I said, they may have plans for their next few TVs that it all makes sense, so I don't want to judge to harshly. Maybe one of the current members gets attacked and taken out of the match and someone else added.
Not unless one of them get hurt. Neither Kingston or Danielson is worth taking off for Adam Page after being announced and shown.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not unless one of them get hurt. Neither Kingston or Danielson is worth taking off for Adam Page after being announced and shown.

I agree, I'm no fan of Adam Page. The choice in participants is fine.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Mina has decidedly taken the mantle has the greatest best friend in wrestling.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Unless this is a work and part of an angle then it sounds like Chuck Taylor might be done as a wrestler.

from f4online.com:

chuckjj.jpeg

Chuck Taylor may have legitimately wrestled his final match.

During a promo on AEW Dynamite last week, Orange Cassidy said he’s been told that Taylor will never wrestle again. Taylor last wrestled when he lost a Parking Lot Fight against his former tag team partner Trent Beretta on the April 27 episode of Rampage. In storyline, Taylor no longer being able to compete was blamed on Beretta attacking his ankle with a wrench after their match.

Dave Meltzer reports in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Taylor’s injury issue is legitimate. Right now, the belief is Taylor will not be able to wrestle again:

On television they talked about Chuck Taylor’s career perhaps being over. In storyline they say it’s over but have also given wiggle room. From what we are told, what was said on television was accurate and the belief right now is that Taylor won’t be able to wrestle again. Excalibur on the show said that due to the nature of the fracture and the presence of necrosis of the bone (death of the bone) in fragments underneath the cartilage, the injury is likely career ending. Granted, Sting, Bryan Danielson, Katsuyori Shibata, Adam Copeland and Christian Cage all on this very roster were all told that and may have believed that and all came back and did great things so I always think there are no absolutes. They said that even with surgery he may not be able to and more than likely won’t be able to come back. Billy Graham’s career ended due to the same issues with the death of the bone in his ankle and hip.

Taylor has been part of the AEW roster since the company launched in 2019. PWG, ROH, NJPW, CHIKARA, and EVOLVE are among the promotions he’s previously wrestled for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad