AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tam Nakano looking for Mercedes too

Wonder if that’s the Forbidden Door match.

Maybe she’s the attacker!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seemed like AEW was saying the Tamu/Willow match would be shown live, but it is in fact right now, and is second from the top on this Stardom show. They are following a tough match though.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
So this is a 'triple main event' for double or nothing

For all his warts, that's one thing I've always agreed with Punk with. There's only 1 main event to a show.

I know it's marketing, but it's just a little thing that annoys me. "MULTI MAIN EVENT" nahhhh.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For all his warts, that's one thing I've always agreed with Punk with. There's only 1 main event to a show.

I know it's marketing, but it's just a little thing that annoys me. "MULTI MAIN EVENT" nahhhh.
I guess it depends if your main event closes the show sometimes. I can dig 2, not really 3. And if it’s multiple, one has to be some slowburn payoff without a big title or something.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm pretty sure it's billed this way to try and stem internet outrage when Willow and Mercedes don't go on last
It’s always been the men’s world title other than very specific reasons, right?

They can’t go last with that, it’s not even the top women’s title.

Speaking of that, I had thought they said that they were showing the match on Collision this past Saturday, but they were merely promoting the show. However, I don’t think they ever mentioned it on either Dynamite that it was happening, or on Collision that it did. They should’ve at least shown highlights, I didn’t say much about it to not spoil. They went second from the top but had to follow Mayu Iwatani getting her shit kicked in.

Maika (World Champion in Stardom) and Tam (most recent champion but she vacated) both namedropping Mercedes, and in Maika’s case, Willow as well. Maika did not defend the title on that show (instead she had a match with a protege in her stable on the preshow, which they made make sense but kinda dumb to do with your champion), and has not had a challenger booked. In fact, she did an interview today that she may have to go abroad since no one will challenge her. In a promo with said protege after the match, she talked about Mina and that their unit needs to spread their wings around the world (they are co-leaders of EXV).

Japanese commentary also made mention of Julia Hart and Skye Blue, though I guess Julia is out, so not sure what can happen there.

Assuming Mercedes wins, seems Forbidden Door looks like Maika vs. Willow (unless they book Maika to back up Mina and Mariah May or something, there’s another thing they can do there, Maika is also a currently trios title holder with Mina, but I’m expecting that to change very soon) as Willow beating Tam Nakano would theoretically put her in line. Also, Tam vs. Mercedes, in what would be billed as a dream match to joshi fans. Tam has also talked about wanting to get another shot at the TBS title and making America fall in love with her, which they will.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Ill probably be back into AEW when MJF returns hope he and Swerve have a program

Nothing in AEW really interests me at the moment except Willow/Mercedes and I feel AEW will have Willow lose

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ill probably be back into AEW when MJF returns hope he and Swerve have a program

Nothing in AEW really interests me at the moment except Willow/Mercedes and I feel AEW will have Willow lose
They'd be insane to not have Mercedes win. You don't pay someone a fortune and job them out in their first match and effectively kill a potential money feud instantly. Mercedes winning as a heel and Willow chasing her is the obvious booking decision.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They'd be insane to not have Mercedes win. You don't pay someone a fortune and job them out in their first match and effectively kill a potential money feud instantly. Mercedes winning as a heel and Willow chasing her is the obvious booking decision.
AEW doesn’t seem to do chases like that when someone loses a title. How often has someone dropped a title and they come back with a rematch? The thing to do would be to move Willow up to the world title mix. Remember, Willow already has a win on her.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Almost as insane as having a Dynamite episode marketed around her return, with many hints but no direct confirmation that she would appear a la CM Punk in Chicago, only to have her make periodic TV appearances and no wrestle for two months.

I agree Mercedes will probably win but if they can do something as stupid as these first two months with her then anything is possible.

I enjoy AEW but if she wasn't going to wrestle for two months then her debut could have waited. Have Dynamite in Boston in May instead of March and call it a day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad