AEW All Elite Wrestling #7: An Anxious Millennial World Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Main event was a little bit of idk. maybe just fatigue but felt very underwhelmed. I didn't like the cluster f*** stuff. It might have been my second least favorite match on the card only behind Britt/Rosa

an outstanding show. MJF/Punk, Tag titles, and Mox/Bryan delivered as advertised. Ladder match and Kingston/Jericho over delivered and were both better than I thought they would be (shout out also Tay & Jade they worked hard and had a very good match).

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It's been fun. Certainly an enjoyable evening. I think the less is more mantra applies to AEW PPVs. In terms of quantity. Time-wise they generally run 3.5-4 for the PPV portion so this was to be expected.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
An A level main event for an A+ show. Wrestling done as best as you possibly can. I'm sure the crowd was tired because I am tired as that's what happens. They should consider running the shows at 7 and not 8.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It was video of the Sting jump from someone a couple seats beside him. Can't believe AEW played the copyright card.

Last edited:

Kyle089

May 21, 2018
Overall Revolution was a good ppv. The first few matches on the card were great. CM Punk vs MJF was a borefest for the most part. Punk is clearly not what he used to be. His matches in AEW are very slow, with an excessive amounts of rest pauses throughout. I found their match killed the momentum of the ppv, until the Wardlow spot at the end. I enjoyed the main event and it should be interesting to see where they go next with Hangman.

I'll give it a 7/10 overall

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
What a great show. They even got me invested in a throwaway trios match. I was not really interested in the main event though but I think I was just tired.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Overall Revolution was a good ppv. The first few matches on the card were great. CM Punk vs MJF was a borefest for the most part. Punk is clearly not what he used to be. His matches in AEW are very slow, with an excessive amounts of rest pauses throughout. I found their match killed the momentum of the ppv, until the Wardlow spot at the end. I enjoyed the main event and it should be interesting to see where they go next with Hangman.

I'll give it a 7/10 overall

I strongly disagree, but I won't argue taste.

I think it really depends of what you enjoy in a wrestling match. I thought MJF vs Punk was a storytelling masterclass. From both entrances to the way they worked each other's injured body parts to the pacing and finally, the ending. Everything just worked. It was not a spectacular spot fest like the a Young Bucks match, but it was brutal and gruesome which fit their feud perfectly. The ending also lets Punk move on and MJF go to his next logical program. Everything was executed perfectly. Masterfully booked. Enjoyable to me for sure.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah most matches these days I find myself on my phone at some point and I didn’t for MJF-Punk. Saw and enjoyed every second of that bad boy.

somebody said it earlier and I was thinking the same thing before getting beaten to the punch but last night was star-making for Wardlow

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah most matches these days I find myself on my phone at some point and I didn’t for MJF-Punk. Saw and enjoyed every second of that bad boy.

somebody said it earlier and I was thinking the same thing before getting beaten to the punch but last night was star-making for Wardlow

Absolutely. They now have to follow it up though. And that's the hard part.

He cannot really win the TNT Title, IMO. MJF needs to cost him that

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Create the trios belts and give Danielson, Moxley, and Samoa Joe a 3 year reign beating the shit out of everybody

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
If taken seriously, a Trios division could be better than the tag division ngl
- Kenny & Bucks
- Cole & redragon
- Christian & Jungle Bros
- Death Triangle
- House of Black
- Eddie & PnP
- MJF & FTR
- Best Friends
- Team Taz

that is just a start there are so many others I'm forgetting. so many possible combinations.

It would depend on how quick something happens with ROH and how that ends up shaking out. Right now there is a lot of roster bloat and a trios title would give a lot of guys a reason to wrestle.

Last edited:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
If taken seriously, a Trios division could be better than the tag division ngl
- Kenny & Bucks
- Cole & redragon
- Christian & Jungle Bros
- Death Triangle
- House of Black
- Eddie & PnP
- MJF & FTR
- Best Friends
- Team Taz

that is just a start there are so many others I'm forgetting. so many possible combinations.

It would depend on how quick something happens with ROH and how that ends up shaking out. Right now there is a lot of roster bloat and a trios title would give a lot of guys a reason to wrestle.

Either this is a testament to how stacked the AEW roster is, or to how well AEW has done of building it's talent... but it's probably both. I just want a tournament with all of them. Best Friends and Team Taz in a play-in round, then typical 8 teams in a single elimination tournament. 1 night. DO IT! Bring back King of Trios!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are definitely gonna do a trios title, but they’re waiting for Kenny to come back.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The trios match on the buy-in was pretty good. Knew Redbeard would be taking the pin though lol

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
That was a really good show, but also really long. (I missed most of the Jericho/Kingston match). The TBS title and trios match probably coulda been on Dynamite or Rampage. I was so tired by the end.

The tag triple threat was the match of the night.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think I liked the Jericho/Kingston match the best, not to take away from the triple threat tag or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad