AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
What is with that asian chick who dresses up like Freddy Mercury?

I think of Sakura as part of the embarrassment tax you have to pay to watch a whole episode of AEW Dynamite. Janella's part with Tully was actually worse than she was this week.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Why does everyone make the Inner Circle out as a force to be reckoned with? Except Jericho they haven't won a match. It's poor booking. You want a fearsome stable. Have them win a few matches. Use the Numbers, Be bad guys. That stable is Jericho. Any other person put in his spot and it dead before arrival.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why does everyone make the Inner Circle out as a force to be reckoned with? Except Jericho they haven't won a match. It's poor booking. You want a fearsome stable. Have them win a few matches. Use the Numbers, Be bad guys. That stable is Jericho. Any other person put in his spot and it dead before arrival.
I think you’re right, but the point of reckoning maybe eventually be that it’s a group that only serves Jericho

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

It's true. I really like what they've done with Jericho and Guevara, to the point that I wouldn't change a thing. They've not used Santana and Ortiz well though, and Swagger as what should be their intimidating muscle is just bad. AEW hasn't really figured out how to balance out wins and losses. Saying that win-loss records matter and that the goal is decisive finishes sounds good, but there is a reason that other wrestling promotions do the things they do. For now AEW is pretty much back and forth and a lot of good matchups are being burned with clean results on TV. I'm optimistic that it will get figured out eventually.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So where is Private Party? They were getting a good pop but disappeared from the shows.

Its a shame that people left this part of the forum. Dead around here.
I enjoy them as well..I wish they would focus on those guys like Darby and him that are getting the pops...there are a number of people I want to see less of, but those guys and Best Friends deserve more time!

Reactions: flyersfan187

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good hot crowd for the start of the show. I like Page's Stone Cold vest. He needs teh character tweak they are going with.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Kenny moves so weird. Im not sure if I like him. I hope Hangman takes his head off soon.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Something has to give with AEW showing wrestler records and then also claiming repeatedly that the records matter. Pentagon Jr. at 50%, Jungle Perry at 0-10.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
yeah...not really liking Jericho fighting against Jungle Boy..so many other guys right now that could be a great match. It was fine, and they are trying to raise Jungle Boy, but AEW needs middle of the road guys..we are already top heavy with guys like Pac, Mox and Omega that should be fighting for the belt..

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
At least they did some classic booking with him withstanding the submission until time expired. If they want to elevate Jack Boy they should have him actually win some matches against mid level guys.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
yeah, some don't like the way he moves..it has been his thing for years - give him a shot, he will grow on you..he is IMO one of the best wrestlers in the world..top 2-3 for me..

I don't like his prancing around. He looks like a goofy gazelle or something. Seeing my girl Brandy makes up for it though. And then some.

Reactions: AmericanDream
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad