AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Other than MJF, I think the guy I see most star potential in is Max Caster.

Shawn Spears seems out of place in MJF's group.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Other than MJF, I think the guy I see most star potential in is Max Caster.

Shawn Spears seems out of place in MJF's group.

not sure what they see in Spears. There’s just nothing there imo. I’d watch MJF cut a two hour promo, FTR is a great classic tag team, Wardlow is huge and can actually work half decent. Spears has nothing.

Reactions: Megahab

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Spears is there to take the falls but I also don’t have a problem with him. He’s a good veteran worker who has been linked to both Tully and MJF in the past on AEW programming

Also he was over as Tye Dillinger, idc what ppl say

Reactions: DaaaaB's

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I think Spears is there to take the falls but I also don’t have a problem with him. He’s a good veteran worker who has been linked to both Tully and MJF in the past on AEW programming

Yea that’s my thinking as well. MJF and Wardlow can’t take the weekly match pins but spears can

Reactions: CDJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Looks like AEW won the Wednesday Night Wars with NXT.

from pwinsider.com:

PWInsider.com has heard from multiple sources this morning that WWE's production schedule for the month of April now lists WWE NXT for Tuesdays every week post Wrestlemania weekend.

The first episode will be Tuesday 4/13 following Wrestlemania 37 and every Tuesday thereafter, NXT will air the night after Raw.

Unless there are plans to run a replay the day after, the move effectively leaves AEW Dynamite alone on Wednesdays, so it will be interesting to track what the viewing patterns for each show will be once they separate.

This move would put Impact Wrestling opposite WWE NXT, so expect AXS TV to shift Impact programming to Thursdays so that series remains unopposed.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Not ever sending him out there as #10 in the rumble was criminal!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • If you're not watching Being the Elite on YouTube you're missing out.
  • I still think they can get more out of their roster. Dark isn't bad, but they could feature some of the guys who aren't being featured on Dynamite more. With AEW's roster they could get more use out of their "stars" by using them on Dark.
  • To the above, I can only imagine Pac is injured. If not it's criminal they're not using him more.
  • Still love the Dark Order and am embarrassed to say I didn't like Evil Uno at first. He's fantastic and considering what he looks like he's really good in the ring. Connects really clean with his moves.
  • Considering his profile within AEW, Brandon Cutler gets quite the pyro with his entrance.
  • If they get rid of Jack Evans they can send Angelico with him.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Not ever sending him out there as #10 in the rumble was criminal!

They actually did at the 2017 Rumble.

I think he's good but I would have thought someone better would be in that group since it seems they are going to be a main event group and probably around for a while. But I didn't think about Spears being the fall guy like some have said so that's a good point.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They actually did at the 2017 Rumble.

I think he's good but I would have thought someone better would be in that group since it seems they are going to be a main event group and probably around for a while. But I didn't think about Spears being the fall guy like some have said so that's a good point.

i stand corrected! Damn, i don’t remember this whatsoever

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tony Khan must’ve bought “Where is my Mind?” Because I’m watching elevation and orange Cassidy just came out to it

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thought the inner circle/pinnacle brawl was well done

Shawn Spears whole inclusion in this is to put Sammy over

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Yep. Seems like a launching pad for Guevara for sure, which I am more than OK with for now. I think they have something really special in Guevara. He's too small for world title contention, but he could easily be main eventing with the TNA title within a year or so if they do this properly.

I didn't care for the show last night. In fact, that brawl segment was the only one I really enjoyed.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Now QT Marshall has a stable too? Way too many unnecessary stables in AEW.

Its very Japan. If you’re gonna put half your talent in stables then you might as well put all your talent in stables. MJF had that promo months back alluding to everybody joining/starting stables and needing one of his own

so I don’t dislike it because I was expecting it and I kinda like this angle, I haven't been interested in Cody in months and this should be an interesting change of pace

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Its very Japan. If you’re gonna put half your talent in stables then you might as well put all your talent in stables. MJF had that promo months back alluding to everybody joining/starting stables and needing one of his own

so I don’t dislike it because I was expecting it and I kinda like this angle, I haven't been interested in Cody in months and this should be an interesting change of pace

their tag matches are typically the best matches every show. If they truly wanna cater to strengths, they add a trios title and showcase the hell out of it

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Breaking News ----- Chris Jericho headed back to WWE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK OK - not really but he will be appearing on the Steve Austin's " Broken Skull Sessions " on the WWE Network.

from 411mania.com:

Y2J is returning to WWE…sort of. WWE has announced that Chris Jericho will be the next guest on Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions on the WWE Network. This follows a tease from the company yesterday that had Austin’s logo with the countdown from Jericho’s WWE theme. This will be Jericho’s first WWE appearance since the Greatest Royal Rumble in April 2018. He is currently signed to AEW.

The episode will air on April 11 following night two of Wrestlemania on Peacock.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

In Japan there's like what 4 or 5 stables that everyones in? It makes sense the way they book their preview show and it creates tag teams easily. But those stables are also bigger. I'd rather have one or two of them be nWo/Ministry/Corporation big than just have a bunch of 4 or 5 man ones. Like I didn't need Eddie Kingston and the B&B as a thing or Pac with the Lucha Bros. Ones like that just seem unnecessary.

I kinda agree on the Cody thing, but I'm still not really interested.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Tony Khan must’ve bought “Where is my Mind?” Because I’m watching elevation and orange Cassidy just came out to it

Noticed that this week myself. I almost had to think what it was considering I was watching wrestling.

I can’t think of a feud I cared about less than Best Friends vs Miro and Kip Sabian

Not a fan either and Miro looks overpowering in that group. He really should be in a title picture or feuding with someone "better." Really weird that you've got Cody vs guys like QT or whoever else and Miro with "Charles". I'm all for giving the less established guys a chance, but not how I'd go about it.

It was, but very meh on Pinochle. It's really all about MJF. FTR are a good tag team, but again that stable is meh for me. Not too big on the Inner Circle either, but definitely prefer them.

Now QT Marshall has a stable too? Way too many unnecessary stables in AEW.

And as I've been saying, dummying down talent like Cody for something like this just doesn't make sense. I guess you could say kudos to him for helping put a guy over, but I don't see it going anywhere and it's just wasting both Cody's time and the time of the fans who could see him feuding with plenty of other guys.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Gee, what a shocking ending to Dynamite. Topped off with some more great acting by the Bucks.

The Bullet Club/Impact angle has been pretty weak so far imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce