GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Britt bladed but that was a great match and Thunder Rosa is great

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
BUY THE SHIRT !!!!! BUY THE SHIRT !!!!!!!!!!!!

EwuiR8RWEAIoJOr

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
MJF cut a promo similar to Jericho’s when Jericho introduced the Inner Circle. I wonder if that was intentional

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think blading is unnecessary in general but I especially hate it when a gorgeous woman does it.

i normally don’t care for it. I especially don’t care for tacks. It doesn’t add enough to the match for me imo. Not worth the pain.

on this match, holy hell it all just worked perfectly. Everything they did had purpose and added value to the match.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
i normally don’t care for it. I especially don’t care for tacks. It doesn’t add enough to the match for me imo. Not worth the pain.

on this match, holy hell it all just worked perfectly. Everything they did had purpose and added value to the match.

I liked blood when I was younger and thought it did add value to matches and let you suspend your disbelief more.

But now, it has the opposite effect. I don't know if I'm wording this right but when I see blood in wrestling, I'm very conscious/aware of the fact that the guy just sliced himself with a blade. It doesn't add anything. And it just comes across as trashy garbage wrestling.

That being said, I didn't see the AEW match. Just saw a picture of Britt Baker with the blood on her face.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I liked blood when I was younger and thought it did add value to matches and let you suspend your disbelief more.

But now, it has the opposite effect. I don't know if I'm wording this right but when I see blood in wrestling, I'm very conscious/aware of the fact that the guy just sliced himself with a blade. It doesn't add anything. And it just comes across as trashy garbage wrestling.

That being said, I didn't see the AEW match. Just saw a picture of Britt Baker with the blood on her face.

i think we honestly are on the same page, or close to it. I strongly recommend watching this match. It was very easy to predict watching it live when each woman was about to blade, but it still helped put the match way the f*** over for me. It had excellent pacing, and was extremely physical start to finish. It’s not like it was five minutes of rest holds and then a random chair shot blade job.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
This might be the end for Jack Evans in AEW. :dunno:

from yesterday's pwinsider.com:

AEW Dark was pulled down from YouTube briefly and edited after a poor showing by Jack Evans in his match against 10. Evans botched several spots and his phoenix splash busted 10 open when his elbow caught him in the face. After the match, Brodie Lee’s son came out and fist bumped 10 as per the plan. AEW cleaned up the match and edited out the kid since they didn’t think it was appropriate to show him making physical contact with a bloody wrestler.

Evans reportedly has major heat on him for taking liberties during the match to get himself over in an unprofessional way, for injuring 10, and just in general for having an awful match. He was not in his partner Angelico’s corner on Dynamite this week and is thought to be in a lot of trouble. Meltzer described the heat as “the type you don’t want with the most powerful people in AEW”. Evans being the veteran supposedly “took advantage” of 10 with way too much flippy offense even by AEW standards to try to “get his stuff in” because he wasn't thrilled he was losing to an opponent who isn’t exactly a top star. And to make matters worse, he screwed up most of those moves in his rush to squeeze them in.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Pinnacle? Meh. Inner Circle wasn't that great either. Anyway, MJF left Jericho with a lot of material to work with. Pinochle and that awful spay tan (again) to start.
  • Again, get the mic out of Jake's hand. Not a fan of Archer, but he can cut his own promos.
  • Wish they'd get a title picture. Too much inbetween stuff.
  • Was thinking of what they could do with Sting now. I don't think he's ever faced Dustin. A lot they could do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad