AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
View attachment 330009

Me and Cody Rhodes. Brothers in potentially ill advised tattoos (I have zero regrets as of now). Also mines not on my neck. We knew he was daring and borderline reckless after the moonsault though

Well that's simply gold.

It'll be good for Omega being stuck in the middle for a bit. Though I am hoping Omega turns on Hangman instead of Hangman turning on Omega.

I'm of two minds on this but I would rather Page be the heel. It will help him to get bigger down the road. I also don't think that Omega can be a heel effectively. At least they are in a decent spot where there are options however because Page is building his popularity.

Reactions: flyersfan187

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Awesome to see Jake the Snake. Great promo by him too. One of the best talkers in the history of wrestling.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Awesome to see Jake the Snake. Great promo by him too. One of the best talkers in the history of wrestling.

Better than I would have expected from Jake any time after 1992 or so. Also shame on Moxley for taking the title from Jericho under false pretenses. He trained for a one eyed man damn it.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Forgot to DVR AEW last night. It was good to see Jake the Snake make an appearance though, one of the all time greats in wrestling.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
My expectations were low when Jake was approaching the ring, but I quite enjoyed the promo.

Also enjoyed the crowd chanting "Fozzy Sucks" as Jericho was offering to be off TV for 30/60 days presumably for his upcoming tour.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So basically they’re trying to make Adam Page a modern stone cold. I don’t hate it. He’s the hottest face in the company

MJF is the GOAT

love that jake Roberts is seemingly coming in as a heel manager. I bet he gets paired with either Lance Archer or Brodie Lee

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Omega was fine as a heel in Japan. His wrestling got him over as a face. Granted he may still get cheered, because a NA crowd is different from Japan, but I think he can still be "effective." You don't have to be MJF or Ciampa.

I didn't like his heel work in Japan at all, based on what I saw. Looked like a guy desperate to be cheered who was going through a lazy "broad" villain routine. If he keeps pretty quiet on the mic and embraces a tweaked in ring style it could work in AEW I guess.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I gotta be honest I was really hoping Raven was gonna be associated with the company when they teased him for the dark order a couple weeks ago

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
MJF making fun of Cody’s neck tattoo = king shit

Whoever wrote his promo was a damn good writer. I don't believe it was all MJF. That promo was beautifully written.

The one thing MJF does well is teeters that line between putting a person down and ruining the person. It's not good if he ruins the person because that makes his opponent look silly. Jericho does it best. He brings great mic work but also makes his opponent feel big time.

I think MJF gets close to the bad side of things, but pulls it back.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Orange Cassidy is terrible.

Yes.

I dislike Marko Stunt

Yes.

He posted a video with the Bucks pulling up to his compound.

uxnxAxD.gif

Reactions: TNT87

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Matt Hardy being involved could be very good, or very bad. I hope he doesn't run into parody territory.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I don't mind Cassidy. His gimmick is pretty hilarious. Marko Stunt should be wrestling in high school gyms not a major promotion.

Reactions: flyersfan187

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Stunt takes away from jack perry

Only way I’ll be ok with him is if he turns into a comedy heel jobber. I figure he’d have to be a heel cuz otherwise he’d still be with Jurassic express and that would suck

Reactions: DaaaaB's

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Stunt is well below the line I will accept in a wrestler. I never liked Mysterio going against heavyweight types because it looked too ridiculous to me, and he was at least athletic and talented. Stunt is just bad and in my eyes lowers the level of any match he's in and any wrestler who doesn't squash him immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad