AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Loved this ppv. The storylines are great in AEW and will only build after this. If Omega doesn’t turn on the Young Bucks I am sure Hangman will turn on him. Jericho and Moxley can still go at each other and I hope to see MJF vs Jericho for the belt in about a year or so time. Great stuff.

Reactions: Chistov23

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I haven't seen any of the matches yet and I'm a bit scared to watch one because... ah...

Screen-Shot-2020-02-29-at-8.59.54-PM-900x480.jpg

If it's a legitimate tattoo then it's pretty ballsy that Cody Rhodes won the genetic lottery by being Dusty Rhodes' son and yet looking like he does and then decided to do that to himself.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Chistov23

Jul 15, 2003
Memorial Cup 2005
Visit site
The female match was much better then expected too. I enjoyed the Pac match. Those were the two I thought might not go well but I was wrong.

I wanted to care for the womens match but going after that tag match, I was burnt out. Also not a fan of Nyla. I think she adds a good dimension to the division but everytime she does a powerbomb I cringe...a few times I thought she was going to drop someone right on their neck.

And yeah pac/OC was better than I thought. I really think Pac deserves a good run so was a little worried he got cassidy on the ppv but it was great match. I think AEW does a much better job in those types of matches where it doesn't bring down Pac at all.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I wanted to care for the womens match but going after that tag match, I was burnt out. Also not a fan of Nyla. I think she adds a good dimension to the division but everytime she does a powerbomb I cringe...a few times I thought she was going to drop someone right on their neck.

And yeah pac/OC was better than I thought. I really think Pac deserves a good run so was a little worried he got cassidy on the ppv but it was great match. I think AEW does a much better job in those types of matches where it doesn't bring down Pac at all.

you can lose and not get buried. OC lost but he came out looking good. Pac can slowly take out each of the best friends now which will be some good matches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After a tough start, it seems to me that other than Moxley, that Hangman is the most over face, although they didn't want him to turn on Kenny

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I MIGHT watch the replay of this show it sounds like lots of praise. I didnt like what I saw sofar with aew but I can give another shot if the matches are good.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
After a tough start, it seems to me that other than Moxley, that Hangman is the most over face, although they didn't want him to turn on Kenny

They deserve credit for doing right by him after a muddled start with basically no reason at all for anyone to cheer for him. The slow approach could work in Page's case.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I haven't seen any of the matches yet and I'm a bit scared to watch one because... ah...

Screen-Shot-2020-02-29-at-8.59.54-PM-900x480.jpg

If it's a legitimate tattoo then it's pretty ballsy that Cody Rhodes won the genetic lottery by being Dusty Rhodes' son and yet looking like he does and then decided to do that to himself.

That's a pretty bad place/look for that. He could have gotten it literally anywhere else and it would be fine.

Also why does he always have to be extra with his entrances? Every entrance is like Triple H at Wrestlemania.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That's a pretty bad place/look for that. He could have gotten it literally anywhere else and it would be fine.

Also why does he always have to be extra with his entrances? Every entrance is like Triple H at Wrestlemania.

He should probably do away with the extra bells and whistles on his entrances. I really like what Rhodes has done in AEW and view him as the biggest winner thus far in the promotion, but he's clearly got a chip on his shoulder when it comes to Tri. Being the son of one of the most self-indulgent wrestlers/bookers ever is also probably a factor. All things considered though his presentation has been quite good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think Cody’s entrance was anything extravagant this time. You have to remember, PPV’s are supposed to be a huge deal since there is only 4 of them. It’s not like this show was WWE Payback or something.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That tattoo is so so bad. This is coming from a guy who has the street sharks playing beach games on his leg while vin diesel is the sun overlooking them. So I know a thing or two about preposterous tattoos

I’m glad they gave the win to MJF. I think he’s the best thing to happen to wrestling in a long time. Kids prodigious in his role. Perfect finish to the match. Reminded me of vintage Regal, who is one of my favorites.

wish they kept the belt on Jericho a little longer but oh well, Moxley is HOT with the crowd. I want to see Pac get a run with it at some point, his promos have been really good lately. Night and day from his WWE days.

they have me watching wrestling again, it’s been a decent product (some hit, some miss) but it should only grow as they build some of these young guys up further.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That tattoo is so so bad. This is coming from a guy who has the street sharks playing beach games on his leg while vin diesel is the sun overlooking them. So I know a thing or two about preposterous tattoos

I’m glad they gave the win to MJF. I think he’s the best thing to happen to wrestling in a long time. Kids prodigious in his role. Perfect finish to the match. Reminded me of vintage Regal, who is one of my favorites.

wish they kept the belt on Jericho a little longer but oh well, Moxley is HOT with the crowd. I want to see Pac get a run with it at some point, his promos have been really good lately. Night and day from his WWE days.

they have me watching wrestling again, it’s been a decent product (some hit, some miss) but it should only grow as they build some of these young guys up further.

I agree with everything here except... that Street Sharks tattoo doesn't sound preposterous at all.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I don’t think Cody’s entrance was anything extravagant this time. You have to remember, PPV’s are supposed to be a huge deal since there is only 4 of them. It’s not like this show was WWE Payback or something.

All of the extra stuff for a PPV, fine, but he doesn't need his entire entourage with him too. And the opera(?) music and elevating up from under the stage before his music hits he does even on TV and it's completely unnecessary.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Now I wanna see the street sharks tattoo more than the ppv

29F0FC83-4C8C-45AA-B3C7-2AFCE1965690.jpeg

Me and Cody Rhodes. Brothers in potentially ill advised tattoos (I have zero regrets as of now). Also mines not on my neck. We knew he was daring and borderline reckless after the moonsault though

Reactions: ShelbyZ and xtra

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA

It'll be good for Omega being stuck in the middle for a bit. Though I am hoping Omega turns on Hangman instead of Hangman turning on Omega.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
It'll be good for Omega being stuck in the middle for a bit. Though I am hoping Omega turns on Hangman instead of Hangman turning on Omega.

I would loveeeeeeeeee to see Kenny turn on Hangman and split with the Bucks and become their own stable of the Elite and feud with Hangman, Cody and BOOM, Marty Scurll, rumors are that he is allowed to work with AEW. That would simply be great

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Might make most sense for the bucks to turn on page/omega

id like to see what Page can do in singles now that he has a much larger fan base. Bucks are basically starting to get booed now which if Omega sides with them Omega can get back in singles competition too as a heel.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
So are Pac and Lucha Bros a stable now?

Might make sense since they're all kind of lost in the shuffle right now. I'm not sure who they could feud with after Best Friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad