AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Am i the only one who thinks Cody's entrance is too excessive for TV? Half the roster doesn't have Pyro but his shoot off even when he comes out to cut a promo.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
show has been meh at best so far... worse episode yet I would say. hopfully Kenny vs pac is good.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think JR should be saying "Who is that?" like he's a fan watching this. Sell it as something big.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I don't think JR should be saying "Who is that?" like he's a fan watching this. Sell it as something big.
I don't think JR knows him. I think he was actually trying to get Excalibur to give some more info or context for the fans at home, rather than just "It's the Blade!"

Reactions: ColePens

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
after Jericho beats scorpio can we please have Jericho vs moxley feud. love Jericho but put the belt on moxley.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I don't know how much longer they can keep putting matches between the best wrestlers in the company on the weekly TV before burning out most interesting matchbut it's interesting for now. Hangman Page's record also gave me a chuckle. I did think that it was a solid show though, mainly due to Jericho and Pac.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't know how much longer they can keep putting matches between the best wrestlers in the company on the weekly TV before burning out most interesting matchbut it's interesting for now. Hangman Page's record also gave me a chuckle. I did think that it was a solid show though, mainly due to Jericho and Pac.

thats exactly what the problem is going to be. They are so top heavy right now that once they exhaust most options they have no credible mid card to keep things going.

I just hope they slowly groom Darby to be their top draw babyface champion in a year or so.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I only watched the highlights, but the latest show looked pretty meh and the crowd didn't seem too into it at times. I feel as though the feuds are way too short lived and jump around way too much. Just look at Cody. After all that's gone on in the last month or so they're working an angle with "The Butcher and the Blade"? We should closer to a full on feud between The Elite and The Inner Circle. I will say that the Dark Order angle looks interesting and this week's promo was good. Not sure how good they are in the ring, but the potential is there for something good. They should have had them recruit further down the roster and build the faction that way.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah it was weird... Cody's road back to the title runs through MJF. But.... then Wardlow stood in his way making his debut. Okay... story makes perfect sense. Cody has to battle Wardlow to get to MJF. Once he gets MJF, then he can get back to his title push. It's a long story that makes sense.

But now... what the f*** is this? Now he has to go through The Butcher & The Blade just to get to Wardlow just to get to MJF. Jeeeeesus. That is very convoluted.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I only watched the highlights, but the latest show looked pretty meh and the crowd didn't seem too into it at times. I feel as though the feuds are way too short lived and jump around way too much. Just look at Cody. After all that's gone on in the last month or so they're working an angle with "The Butcher and the Blade"? We should closer to a full on feud between The Elite and The Inner Circle. I will say that the Dark Order angle looks interesting and this week's promo was good. Not sure how good they are in the ring, but the potential is there for something good. They should have had them recruit further down the roster and build the faction that way.

They have rushed some things story-wise for certain. Pacing is a bit of an issue. Most of the people involved, especially in key positions, have never been involved in a good weekly wrestling show. There are some encouraging signs though.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah it was weird... Cody's road back to the title runs through MJF. But.... then Wardlow stood in his way making his debut. Okay... story makes perfect sense. Cody has to battle Wardlow to get to MJF. Once he gets MJF, then he can get back to his title push. It's a long story that makes sense.

But now... what the **** is this? Now he has to go through The Butcher & The Blade just to get to Wardlow just to get to MJF. Jeeeeesus. That is very convoluted.

Exactly. Makes no sense. If you want to pit Cody against The Butcher and The Blade then do it afterwards.

The crazy thing is they have a lot of potentially very good feuds that could cement AEW's reputation and build a great foundation for a lot of guys going forward, but they just don't happen. Actually it's more a matter of many of them starting, but then a week later the guys are facing someone completely different.

They have rushed some things story-wise for certain. Pacing is a bit of an issue. Most of the people involved, especially in key positions, have never been involved in a good weekly wrestling show. There are some encouraging signs though.

Absolutely some encouraging signs. Plenty to like actually. The abrupt dropping of a story line being changed is really my only big issue with AEW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

But now... what the **** is this? Now he has to go through The Butcher & The Blade just to get to Wardlow just to get to MJF. Jeeeeesus. That is very convoluted.

There's supposed to be no road to the title. He's supposed to never challenge for the title ever again.

Of course that won't happen, but if they're serious about wins, losses, stipulations, I think it will be a long time before it happens.

So, he's going to need a lot of other things to do.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There's supposed to be no road to the title. He's supposed to never challenge for the title ever again.

Of course that won't happen, but if they're serious about wins, losses, stipulations, I think it will be a long time before it happens.

So, he's going to need a lot of other things to do.

Good point... but that is bad. IMO Cody is going to be a guy they want to take the title.

I honestly think there are only 2 guys who should take the title from Jericho. Omega or Cody. I don't think it should be Ambrose/Mox. I don't think it should be anyone else. Cody or Omega.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good point... but that is bad. IMO Cody is going to be a guy they want to take the title.

I honestly think there are only 2 guys who should take the title from Jericho. Omega or Cody. I don't think it should be Ambrose/Mox. I don't think it should be anyone else. Cody or Omega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad