AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I think Inner Circle will win. Too soon to disband them as I think the group has legs as a face group. They should just continue the feud leading to MJF vs. Jericho at All Out.

Also, it being only a one-sided stipulation tells me Inner Circle will win.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kaz/Daniels had a hell of a run the last decade or so

also orange Cassidy getting a title shot is dumb unless he’s in it so Omega can pin him instead of Pac

Apparently Starks has a fractured neck and a bad knee. Doesn’t need surgery on the neck so that’s good

MJF bumping for the spray cannon was hilarious

Last edited:

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think Inner Circle will win. Too soon to disband them as I think the group has legs as a face group. They should just continue the feud leading to MJF vs. Jericho at All Out.

Also, it being only a one-sided stipulation tells me Inner Circle will win.

yeah that’s what I think too. I feel it will lead to one final match with MJF and the pinnacle side winning. I’m just not sure if it’s MJF vs Jericho or one last big 5 on 5 match again.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
yeah that’s what I think too. I feel it will lead to one final match with MJF and the pinnacle side winning. I’m just not sure if it’s MJF vs Jericho or one last big 5 on 5 match again.

I think it should be 5 vs. 5 in some kind of elimination match with MJF and Jericho being the last two. MJF vs. Jericho 1-on-1 might be flat.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think it should be 5 vs. 5 in some kind of elimination match with MJF and Jericho being the last two. MJF vs. Jericho 1-on-1 might be flat.

MJF and Jericho seems to obvious. Could be down to Sammy and MJF. They haven’t had a one on one match yet. I’m sure for years these two could potentially be huge rivals.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Now that I’ve drafted them I have to say that Evil Uno and Stu Grayson are a fantastic tag team. Most underrated in AEW by a mile. The Acclaimed are also quite good.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
MJF and Jericho seems to obvious. Could be down to Sammy and MJF. They haven’t had a one on one match yet. I’m sure for years these two could potentially be huge rivals.

Agreed. I think they could have something really special with Guevara, and to a lesser extent MJF. With full crowds back soon, these two are gonna be getting major reactions if built properly, and be set up for huge success. Once Sammy gets going in his big matches he really shines, and MJF just comes out with the perfect intensity at the perfect time on his promos. It's too bad Sammy is such a small guy cuz I'd love to see him with a mega push down the line

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Seems like Rampage is just going to be an hour long Smackdown. Continuing things from Dynamite. While the Dark shows are going to continuing doing what they're doing with developmental guys and jobbers and whatnot.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
And the upcoming AEW Rampage or whatever

The news of Rampage is what prompted me to ask what the difference between Dark and Elevation are. Rampage will be there B show it looks like or maybe like Smackdown. But is there a difference in what Dark offers and Dark: Elevation offers?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The news of Rampage is what prompted me to ask what the difference between Dark and Elevation are. Rampage will be there B show it looks like or maybe like Smackdown. But is there a difference in what Dark offers and Dark: Elevation offers?

Tbh from what I can tell I don’t think so, I could be wrong though

Reactions: Megahab

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
AEW is moving over to TBS in January 2022. Here's the official announcement from WarnerMedia:

AEW Franchise Continues Domination and Expands to TBS in 2022
“AEW: Rampage” Premieres August 13th on TNT, Joining Wrestling’s #1 Show “AEW: Dynamite”
TNT to Showcase Four New Annual Wrestling Specials

LOS ANGELES (May 19, 2021) – The All Elite Wrestling (AEW) franchise will grow its footprint with a move of “AEW: Dynamite” to TBS in January 2022.

Until then, presence on TNT remains robust in 2021 with the addition of the new hour-long series “AEW: Rampage.” Debuting on August 13 at 10 p.m. ET, “AEW: Rampage” is a third hour of high-octane wrestling featuring the world renowned stars of AEW. In addition, TNT will debut four new professional wrestling specials annually, continuing to garner and grow AEW’s audience until the move to TBS in 2022.

“It’s a pleasure to be able to help Tony Khan expand his wrestling fiefdom across our networks and bring more content to our fans that fits the thrill ride brand of TNT and good time of TBS,” said Sam Linsky, Associate General Manager, SVP, Programming and Operations, TBS, TNT and truTV. “It’s Wednesday. You know what that means.”

“As a lifelong wrestling aficionado who is privileged to present AEW to longtime and new fans alike, it means a lot to me – personally and professionally – to share the news that All Elite Wrestling will call TBS home beginning in 2022,” said Tony Khan, CEO, GM and Head of Creative of AEW.

“The history of wrestling in the United States cannot be told without acknowledging the contributions of TBS, which as WTBS years ago delivered wrestling to the Southeast and eventually to a massive national audience. TBS has the same passion for wrestling today, but will offer AEW and our fans more prime time programming, content and global opportunities that will establish TBS as the world’s undisputed destination for wrestling.

“And, while we’re looking forward to our arrival on TBS, we’re not saying goodbye to our original and current home of TNT, which will air four new special supercard events annually. Plus, the financial upside to our new agreement will give us the opportunity to continue to invest in and grow AEW to serve the most important people in our industry: our fans, our wrestlers, our staff and our sponsors. With All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite and Rampage taking center stage via our new agreement on TBS next year, and the new quarterly supercards launching on TNT, our exposure and our opportunities to grow AEW are greater than ever!”

As AEW continues to deliver the best matches and most entertaining moments in professional wrestling today, tune in to the all new “AEW: Dynamite” tonight at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on TNT.

In addition to being wrestling’s most watched show, “AEW: Dynamite” was the No. 1 program on Wednesday, May 5, on cable among A18-49, a first-time triumph for the wrestling franchise. In April, the electrifying wrestling show achieved its most-watched episode since the series launched on October 2, 2019, with over 1.2 million viewers tuning in.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More on the move to TBS from pwinsider.com:

The word making the rounds is that between the switch to TBS, Rampage and the new quarterly specials on TNT, All Elite Wrestling is receiving in the area of an "eight figure payday" from WarnerMedia.

A big part of the move was brought about by WarnerMedia making their deal with the NHL.

Internally within AEW, this is being seen as a positive and a way to increase the company's footprint on multiple networks and additional content to produce.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah after listening to the details it seems like a win for AEW. TBS gets more viewership and they won’t get bumped for the NBA playoffs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
obviously rooting for Pillman Jr but his partner is pretty good from what I’ve seen as well

I really like the Acclaimed a lot

I think that’s the best match I’ve seen yet from The Blondes.

I don’t like The Acclaimed’s finish, but they’re good.

Still say Stu Grayson and Evil Uno are the most underrated team. Uno looks like he’d be awful, but he nails everything every time I watch him. Grayson pound for pound one of the best.

Reactions: CDJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
A heads up for AEW fans in Canada - next week's airing on TSN2 is being moved from Wednesday at 8 pm ( Eastern ) to Friday at 10 pm ( Eastern ) due to coverage of the 2021 IIHF World Championships. TSN2 will also be airing a 60 minute show called " Road to Double or Nothing 2021 " on Sunday at 1:30 am Eastern. Hopefully the MLS game airing before doesn't go into extra time ( or whatever the hell it's called ) so we get the full show.

EDIT: My on-screen TV Guide just updated and it shows that TSN2 is airing French Open tennis on the following Wednesday ( June 2nd ) so that means AEW will not air on TSN2 in its regular timeslot for 2 straight weeks. Makes me wonder if the ratings are not as high as TSN expected. :dunno:

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A friend asked today if I was expecting Nick f***in Gage to make a run in during the ppv this weekend. I haven't watched in a couple weeks, so I said no...but then I looked into why he would have asked me that

Needless to say, my interest in the show jumped up a few notches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad