Proposal: All Bruins Trade talk - Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I personaly would prefer to keep Gryz and trade Krug. Prefer to do it in the off season but if Bruins want to add right now do it. Krug has more value so this lessons the cost and will get expensive with his next contract. Hurts to give up his offensive from the backend but you have a price to pay.

Krug straight up for Schenn is the trade I would make. Blues have to make room for a D man or work out a three way trade if necessary.

A) I'm not convinced Krug has that much more value than Gryz. He's better offensively obviously, but he's a UFA after next season with injury concerns. Further, the acquiring team for Krug is likely in the same spot we are, which is trying to make a run in the next two years. That makes them less likely to want to deal assets we'd want, no?

B) Why would StL want Krug over Gryz? They're not making a run this year, and they've got a lot of salary to deal with. If I'm them I might strongly prefer Gryz.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
SEE example a

Name the last trade between Ottawa and Boston that directly impacts the NHL Roster, NOT Belleville and Providence.
i guess i have to put it in call caps for you

HOFFMAN WAS TRADED TO FLORIDA BY SAN JOSE

BOSTON SHOULD HAVE DEALT WITH SAN JOSE

Reactions: Alicat

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This also gives Schenn (or said acquired player) more time to gel with the team and their new role.

Acquired players at the deadline only have what? less than 20 games to do this then the postseason begins?

Sounds silly to say but IMO thats not a lot of time. And the more time the better.

Yep, whoever they add would like it to be a early addition.

Give the team a boost and time to get going, and if you want/need go get a cheaper player at the deadline day as well.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Anyone else feeling a little nervous with this front office making a trade ? I know I am. I just don't see this team competing with the iron of the league even with adding said rumored players.

I truly hope its a game changing trade not selling the farm kind of trade for a good not great player. Make it with the future in mind not just this season. We are not beating the Caps or Tampa unless its a huge add.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I personaly would prefer to keep Gryz and trade Krug. Prefer to do it in the off season but if Bruins want to add right now do it. Krug has more value so this lessons the cost and will get expensive with his next contract. Hurts to give up his offensive from the backend but you have a price to pay.

Krug straight up for Schenn is the trade I would make. Blues have to make room for a D man or work out a three way trade if necessary.
Krug 3rd in TOI behind Grizz & McAvoy last night in a game where they trailed for much of the game & Krug had almost 4 mins on the PP. If Krug doesn't play more mins than Grizz in a game like last night then why is he the guy we wanna keep?

Honestly trying to understand why trading Krug isn't more heavily considered.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
A) I'm not convinced Krug has that much more value than Gryz. He's better offensively obviously, but he's a UFA after next season with injury concerns. Further, the acquiring team for Krug is likely in the same spot we are, which is trying to make a run in the next two years. That makes them less likely to want to deal assets we'd want, no?

B) Why would StL want Krug over Gryz? They're not making a run this year, and they've got a lot of salary to deal with. If I'm them I might strongly prefer Gryz.
doesn't have to be St Louis. If Grizz is so valued by the team & coach (2nd in TOI last night in a game where they were chasing a lead) then look at takers for Krug and accept that you'll get less in return.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Krug 3rd in TOI behind Grizz & McAvoy last night in a game where they trailed for much of the game & Krug had almost 4 mins on the PP. If Krug doesn't play more mins than Grizz in a game like last night then why is he the guy we wanna keep?

Honestly trying to understand why trading Krug isn't more heavily considered.

Unique skillset.

Another thing, people always bring up Krug getting a raise and his money is spent elsewhere. Now Charlie and Gryz get the majority of the PP time, increasing their point totals and thus increasing their contract demands when they're up. Gryz won't be staying at 1.4 on his next deal.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

A) Krug has more value than Gryz and that lessons the price as I said before. I know my decision isnt popular but I personally think Gryz will have more value for the teams future. Right know Krug is the better player offensively but a better forward group trough trades should make his lost offensive game up.

B) I dont think the Blues think they in a rebuilt. A tweek here in there to change the locker room culture and they should be back in the race is their believing I think.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Unique skillset.

Another thing, people always bring up Krug getting a raise and his money is spent elsewhere. Now Charlie and Gryz get the majority of the PP time, increasing their point totals and thus increasing their contract demands when they're up. Gryz won't be staying at 1.4 on his next deal.

But Gryz will not be paid the something north between 6 - 7 million Krug will paid with his next contract

Reactions: Strafer and Bodit9

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
This is beginning to stress me out and I'm not even in the conversation, what are you attempting to allude to?

If the rumor is true about nobody besides Gibson being off the table in Anaheim, I'd love to see what the Ducks want for Rakell.
since when is Anaheim in the discussion, last I knew Murray isn't changing the voice in Carlyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad