Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Boston is not getting EJ or Zadorov in any trade. The Avs defence is terrible, and those are their two best pieces. Sakic is looking to add defencemen, not trade his best one.

Neither are additions to a deal either.

How long do Av's fans feel this rebuild will take? I mean EJ is 28yr old and paid $6 million per for 4 more years. It's possible by the time the Av's even sniff the playoffs that he's left via free agency. Wouldn't it make more sense to deal a high price 28yr old d-man instead of a 24yr old two-way left winger who is also your captain?

I guess I'm just kind of confused as to the motive to rebuild by trading away two young NHL established talents, but a 28yr old d-man is off limits.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Again just throwing something out there to see if a guy like EJ would ease the pain of Carlo (maybe) getting shipped out for Landeskog. EJ is 28 and signed at $6 million for 4 more years. By the time Colorado rebuilds he'll be either done w/ this contract or almost over and in his early 30's.

It could make sense to deal him for sure. But it makes a LOT more sense for them to deal him in a separate deal where they are getting more prime young cheap assets.

"adding" EJ to a deal for Carlo means the B's are adding Pasta or McAvoy or something huge.

It's not Carlo + Spooner for EJ + Landy. It's going to be something that hurts. Which is why it's not happening.

Think smaller. Carlo, Landy minor piece from both sides.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Carlo is not untouchable to me

That said I don't like adding much more to him for landeskog.

Earlier in the year I didn't like the idea of moving him at all- he was too important at that time. Chiller's emergence as a reliable NHL player changes that somewhat as others have said. If COL wants more than Carlo for Lando, then maybe a 2nd tier prospect or mid round pick gets it done? I think it's just about good enough for a straight player for player swap, though.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
How long do Av's fans feel this rebuild will take? I mean EJ is 28yr old and paid $6 million per for 4 more years. It's possible by the time the Av's even sniff the playoffs that he's left via free agency. Wouldn't it make more sense to deal a high price 28yr old d-man instead of a 24yr old two-way left winger who is also your captain?

I guess I'm just kind of confused as to the motive to rebuild by trading away two young NHL established talents, but a 28yr old d-man is off limits.

It's because they are trading from a position of strength. They have pretty good forwards and atrocious D. That's why their number 1 D is off limits.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

EJ has 6 years left on his deal. If the Avs moved him, it's in a deal based around EJ, not with another core player.

He will also be the captain most likely with Landeskog traded.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It could make sense to deal him for sure. But it makes a LOT more sense for them to deal him in a separate deal where they are getting more prime young cheap assets.

"adding" EJ to a deal for Carlo means the B's are adding Pasta or McAvoy or something huge.

It's not Carlo + Spooner for EJ + Landy. It's going to be something that hurts. Which is why it's not happening.

Think smaller. Carlo, Landy minor piece from both sides.

Certainly not, but with the slew of prospects we have you don't think there are not enough pieces to make it work?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
EJ has 6 years left on his deal. If the Avs moved him, it's in a deal based around EJ, not with another core player.

He will also be the captain most likely with Landeskog traded.

Weird for some reason NHLnumbers has him at only 4 more years. Signed for 6 more years, nevermind lol.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Browsing twitter, if Carlo is in the deal for Landeskog it looks like a defenseman will be coming back to Boston. My guess is Tyutin.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Browsing twitter, if Carlo is in the deal for Landeskog it looks like a defenseman will be coming back to Boston. My guess is Tyutin.

Does Tyutin have term...

Definitely not really appealing, depending on what else we give up...

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Carlo is in the deal...

Bruins better be adding a D in this deal or another deal. Most likely, the LHD that Neely was talking about. (With Colin, Kevan, McQuaid as your RD this year, and McAvoy moving in for one of the vets next season)

The plus better not be painful

Salary (Beleksey or Hayes) better be going back.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
These three games were a nice surprise but I'm skeptical of the viability of Cassidy as coach and I don't see this team being a cup contender this season.

If they can, Boston should be looking to dump Hayes(but I'm probably dreaming here)/Beleskey/Liles for whatever teams will give up and turn this playing time over to young guys imo.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
For me, the only think that makes this deal OK is that I have turned the corner on Colin and think he is damn close to being a #4 right now. You are putting a lot of eggs in the McAvoy basket long term, but weren't you already?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
No term. LHD to play on 3rd pairing. Colin or Kevan moves up to 1st pairing.
My guess is we see these defensive pairings if the Bruins make a trade with Colorado barring any other trade for a defensemen:

Chara - Colin Miller
Krug - McQuaid
Tyutin - Kevan Miller

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think a lot of us are showing a Bruins bias here. Not to say you guys are wrong, but I think we need to pump the brakes a bit on Carlo.

McAvoy was the higher rated prospect up until day 1 of this season, and I don't hear anyone who's changed their opinion on him. So while surely Carlo has proven himself already, he still looks every bit the 3/4 he was projected to be. Which is great, but should we really get that carried away about him because he stepped in without much of a hiccup?

On the other side, Landeskog was drafted #2 overall and is a 25 goal scorer with grit and solid two-way play. He's a top 6 forward, easily. To say there's no way we can trade a #3/#4 for a 24 year old top 6 winger on a good contract when we have a supposedly better prospect in McAvoy who might be a month away, plus 3 or more top 4 d prospects like 1-2 seasons away, seems a little shortsighted to me.

Don't get me wrong I was banging the drum about our awful D and I like Carlo a lot. Moreover I'm not even sold on Landeskog. But if the Bruins felt Landeskog was going to give them two excellent lines for several years and McAvoy was going to be ready in a matter of weeks, it could easily be the right move. This isn't about this year...it's about the next 3-5 years.

Agreed.

I see Carlo's ceiling always as a #3. I have been posting this all year:

Krug - XXX
Chara - Carlo
Miller - Miller

Carlo is what we traded away to get him for; Johnny Boychuk. Great draft pick that suddenly can bring in a guy like Landeskog?

Can anyone here say that they wouldn't trade Boychuk for Landeskog?

We also seem to forget how young Landeskog is here.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
No term. LHD to play on 3rd pairing. Colin or Kevan moves up to 1st pairing.

Gross.

How many 3rd pairing defensemen do we have?

So we realistically have the possibility we are looking at K. Miller and Adam McQuaid as both of our top 4 RD? That's disgusting.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
UFA after this season

This would be the definition of a rental just in a bigger deal. What a massive waste that would be.

Just getting on here for the first time today. I'm definitely a little bit scared that we've seen the last game with Carlo in a B's sweater. IMO, Carlo/C-Mac should be UNTOUCHABLES. I could get past C. Miller eventually. But WHY, when you seemingly have your RHD set for the next 5-10 years, would you trade any of them for a LW, which we have about 10 of in the system?

I like Landeskog and think he'd be a great addition. It would solidify the top 6 for the foreseeable future The third line would become really scary by slotting folks better. The fourth line is solid. Would just need a top LHD to replace Chara, a few minor tweaks, and guys to reach their potential and you've got a Cup contender.

Now if this is part of a bigger deal, maybe Barrie is involved? Could a third team potentially be involved(Carolina)? Trading Carlo for Landeskog and a band-aid defenseman does not help IMO. Also, hate the idea of dumping salary in this kind of deal. Find other ways to do it.

1st, Spooner, LHD prospect, other prospect/pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad