Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Don't know how I feel about Shattenkirk if he'll be commanding close to 7 mil (as rumored). I think he's more comparable to Krug personally who only makes 5 mil.
I'd be fine picking him up if it's at rental price. And by that I mean not giving up any major assets for the future. Then see how he fits in with the team and from there decide whether to extend him or not. You know management is hell bent on making the playoffs due to pressure from above so I see them trying to be buyers and with good top 4 guy like Shattenkirk they might have a chance at sneaking in. I don't necessarily agree with this organizational mindset but I believe that's where this team is at currently.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Making a deal for the sake of making a deal is not good management. He will make personnel moves when it is in the team's best interest, not to satisfy impatient fans.

We have to remember that he's already been burned on a couple of his trades he's made.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Making a deal for the sake of making a deal is not good management. He will make personnel moves when it is in the team's best interest, not to satisfy impatient fans.

We have to remember that he's already been burned on a couple of his trades he's made.

More than a couple.

I don't think the Bruins should make any moves until at least after February 24th if you look at the schedule. That's the perfect day to really evaluate this team.

Other teams will make up the games in hand and I expect the Bruins to be in 11th-12th place in the East. If that's the case, the only option is to sell smaller pieces to open up spots for next year.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'd be fine picking him up if it's at rental price. And by that I mean not giving up any major assets for the future. Then see how he fits in with the team and from there decide whether to extend him or not. You know management is hell bent on making the playoffs due to pressure from above so I see them trying to be buyers and with good top 4 guy like Shattenkirk they might have a chance at sneaking in. I don't necessarily agree with this organizational mindset but I believe that's where this team is at currently.

You'd be fine giving up a 1st and probably a good prospect to just get in? Then what? Make Jacobs a little money. They don't have the horses. They need more than just one player. Look at the price they paid last year. Almost half the draft to just get in and didn't make it. If they don't watch it, they can ruin their cap hit even more. The should make moves for next year, not this year.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wonder if Ribeiro being on waivers is a pre-cursor to a deal for a Center?

Krejci would be a big upgrade for them.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Wonder if Ribeiro being on waivers is a pre-cursor to a deal for a Center?

Krejci would be a big upgrade for them.

Accoring to LeBrun he has asked for a trade. Would appear he is not intending on heading to the minors if he should pass through waivers.

"On Friday, the Predators placed veteran centre on waivers and Ribeiro has requested a trade from the team, per TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun. It is unclear when Ribeiro made his trade request.
The 36-year-old has four goals and 21 assists over 46 games this season in Nashville, his third year with the club. The Montreal native is in the final year of a two-year, $7 million contract he signed with the Predators prior to last season."

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
McKenzie talks (link below) about the wealth of riches the Ducks have with D men and what it means for Murry. Keep in mind this conversation was on the "Leafs Lunch" program so the slant is could one end up with the Leafs. Suspect given the talk here on moving Kreiji and the Ducks need identified as being help up front, some would see that as being a good fit for a deal. The Ducks have operated under and internal cap which makes that arrangement more difficult given DK's salary.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/ducks-young-d-men-have-sparked-interest~1049947

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
All the deal Krejci talk continues to amaze me.

The B's like him (they essentially chose him over Kessel).

He likes the B's and the area.

He has an NMC and I don't see him waiving it.

Things can change, but at this time, I don't think 46 is going anywhere. If people wanted him dealt, the time to do it would have been before his current deal kicked in.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

You do realize he can just say no and test market when you say Bruins can decide to extend him or not? And if they do, then one of Krug or Colin Miller will be eposed to Vegas.This is a bad year for Bruins to go after any players on backend even though they need them more then anything .Blues not letting him go anywhere cheaap either.We saw same thing last year with Loui.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH

Things can change, but at this time, I don't think 46 is going anywhere. If people wanted him dealt, the time to do it would have been before his current deal kicked in.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but the point in bold above really aren't valid points.

The B's like him (they essentially chose him over Kessel)./QUOTE]

That was a long time ago. Things change in the matter of 1-2 seasons, and this was eight (8) years ago.

Adds weight to the fact he probably wouldn't waive his NMC, but otherwise means nothing.

"Sorry, Joe, we are letting you go. It isn't working out."
"But I like this area!"
"OH! In that case, welcome back aboard!"

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Ribero has the production of, like, four Riley Nashes, even with the fork sticking out of his back.

Anyone watched him this season? How about the intangibles? Can he turn the puck over at the blue line twice in 10 seconds during a 3-on-3 overtime?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

They essentially chose him over Seguin, too. The time to deal him was when both were still on the roster.

Unfortunately, I don't think Krejci is going anywhere either. But the conversation is still interesting, if anything just wishful thinking at this point. I know many users don't like the idea of talking trades with players with NMC's. But seriously, who else on this roster is really established enough to really have a strong conversation of return? Most of the team is futures or too young / unestablished or too old to really have strong value. Everyone else is a core player. If Krejci is sliding out of the core player status, and he's not living up to the contract, it's pretty worrisome as a fan.

IMO, Krejci isn't going to make it to the end of his contract here, one way or another. I think the acquiring anything of value ship has sailed long ago considering all the road blocks unless the management actively seeks this route. Which I question if they would. We simply don't have a plan B at this point.

Last edited:

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

Nothing gets in the way of people who've wanted him gone from day one. Not logic, not facts, especially not his play.

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007

With all due respect, any sports organization likes production relative to pay. Krejci is vastly overpaid, I can guarantee you that "liking" doesn't mean jack **** at this juncture.

Last edited:

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I'm not saying I disagree with you, but the point in bold above really aren't valid points.

The B's like him (they essentially chose him over Kessel)./QUOTE]

That was a long time ago. Things change in the matter of 1-2 seasons, and this was eight (8) years ago.

Adds weight to the fact he probably wouldn't waive his NMC, but otherwise means nothing.

"Sorry, Joe, we are letting you go. It isn't working out."
"But I like this area!"
"OH! In that case, welcome back aboard!"

Except Krejci's job isn't like yours or mine. He literally has it written into his contract that he can veto any trade to any team at any point until the No Movement Clause expires.

I'm sure there is probably some sort of a way the Bruins could move him but like it's been said, he's happy here and the Bruins are happy with him. At least thats how it seems on the surface.

Completely different subject. If people were upset over the idea of Kane coming to Boston, even just here in proposals, Ribeiro is worse.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Depends on what that team has really.

Bruins should not be moving him for picks and prospects. They have or had enough of those.

And he also shouldn't be moved for a pure UFA rental.

If they are moving him picks and prospects should absolutely be the target. Yes we have a nice supply in the pipeline at the moment but they always have value for future trades or cheap cost control roster players to help with the cap. We also don't have many picks in this years draft. Although, it's not a strong draft you never know if you hit on someone. With the expansion draft coming this year we need assets that don't need to be protected in the hopes that what we have to expose gets picked up. Like a belesky or miller type.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
McKenzie talks (link below) about the wealth of riches the Ducks have with D men and what it means for Murry. Keep in mind this conversation was on the "Leafs Lunch" program so the slant is could one end up with the Leafs. Suspect given the talk here on moving Kreiji and the Ducks need identified as being help up front, some would see that as being a good fit for a deal. The Ducks have operated under and internal cap which makes that arrangement more difficult given DK's salary.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/ducks-young-d-men-have-sparked-interest~1049947

Hasn't Krejci been telling people he's not waiving his NMC

Don't the Bruins like what he brings

The Krejci trade talk never ceases to amaze me

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

I don't even know what the hell to ask for anymore.

I absolutely hate the idea of missing the playoffs with this core yet again. It just seems that if measures are taken to avoid that, it will likely be too little/too late.

So sell? But what does the team really have to sell? Either a McQuaid or a Kevan Miller perhaps? Dominic Moore or Ryan Spooner or Joe Morrow? I don't even know what you'd get for these guys right now. Considering our prospect pool, I'm not exactly salivating over the idea of acquiring more "futures". Doesn't seem like Sweeney is keen on using that currency for "presents" any time soon.

Disenfranchised with the franchise right now. That hurts me to say.

We should be selling and we likely will be. Unless the flyers really go on a downward spiral. The leafs will be ahead of us shortly. They have like 5 games in hand on us. Essentially, you trade whatever you can at the deadline that you can get a return for. Problem is we have really nothing in terms of expiring contracts which is generally what teams are looking for. Moore and Liles will be traded and will likely return a 3rd or 4th rounder. That's likely the bulk of it. You may see a mcquaid or Miller trade to a team that wants them long term and we may get a 2nd for them. Spooner is the wild card. He could bring a fair return because of his age/cost/ability. Aside from that we likely won't see anything else unfortunately.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

I don't see krecji leaving really ever. It's more if they could do it the value that could be brought in as a result plus the cap relief.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
With all due respect, any sports organization likes production relative to pay. Krejci is vastly overpaid, I can guarantee you that "liking" doesn't mean jack **** at this juncture.

Is Krejci overpaid, yes somewhat, but vastly? No.

And he's far from the only guy in the league overpaid by a million to a million and a half.

You say vastly like Krejci should be making 2 or 3 million per at this point.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they are moving him picks and prospects should absolutely be the target. Yes we have a nice supply in the pipeline at the moment but they always have value for future trades or cheap cost control roster players to help with the cap. We also don't have many picks in this years draft. Although, it's not a strong draft you never know if you hit on someone. With the expansion draft coming this year we need assets that don't need to be protected in the hopes that what we have to expose gets picked up. Like a belesky or miller type.

Does that help them win now? Like it or not, they are still trying to win in the 63/46/37/33/40/42 era.

This team is still better with a round peg/square hole Spooner than it is without him but having a prospect or two who likely won't help for several years.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

Of course they like what he brings but you need to trade from strength and if it makes the team better and he agrees to move you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad