Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
No. He's dreaming of Gryz/Cehlarik for Mantha.

DS: Hey Steve, got a deal of a lifetime for you....Grz and Chelarik for Mantha
SY: No thanks Donny, we're all set

DS: But I have force trade on in the settings
SY: What?

DS: Wait this isn't like NHL 20?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I think Cassidy and Sweeney experimenting with Coyle at 2RW. He played great there last game (needs to shoot more) and maybe building chemistry with Krejci. If that's the case, enter Debrusk and by GAWD you have a very solid 2nd line. Now comes the part where Sweeney goes shopping for a 3C. Pageau would be a perfect fit with Bjork and Heinen imo as would Mikko Koivu albeit Koivu doesn't have the wheels Pageau does.

So ideally:
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Coyle
Bjork/Heinen-Pageau/Koivu-Heinen/Kuhlman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think Cassidy and Sweeney experimenting with Coyle at 2RW. He played great there last game (needs to shoot more) and maybe building chemistry with Krejci. If that's the case, enter Debrusk and by GAWD you have a very solid 2nd line. Now comes the part where Sweeney goes shopping for a 3C. Pageau would be a perfect fit with Bjork and Heinen imo as would Mikko Koivu albeit Koivu doesn't have the wheels Pageau does.

So ideally:
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Coyle
Bjork/Heinen-Pageau/Koivu-Heinen/Kuhlman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Ottawa is going to want a young roster player + pick (min) for JGP.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
does Grzelcyk move the needle for Winnipeg or are they looking for a bigger fish like Krug?

I dont think they want to move out any of their talent. I wouldnt.

Now if one of them wanted out, that changes things.

Wheeler, Connor, and Scheifele are their core that are locked up for big money and term.

Laine & Ehlers are 6 mill each of inconsistency. Laine will command a ransom and Ehlers is a risk IMO.

Ehlers has speed and can score but is up and down. He is also making 6 mill for his potential and not so much his play. 7 goals and 14 pts in 19 games this year so far. 21 goals and 37 pts last year. Not bad but not worth 6 mill, IMO.

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
ok. 7 games ago. Espescially when you know injury will happen. Lindholm at 3C is a complete joke and unacceptable.

and what reasoning does OTT have to move him outside of a MASSIVE over payment? BTW injuries happen, but no one could predict we'd have this many guys going down in a row. If you could predict that, send me the winning lotto numbers too.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I dont think they want to move out any of their talent. I wouldnt.

Now if one of them wanted out, that changes things.

Wheeler, Connor, and Scheifele are their core that are locked up for big money and term.

Laine & Ehlers are 6 mill each of inconsistency. Laine will command a ransom and Ehlers is a risk IMO.

Ehlers has speed and can score but is up and down. He is also making 6 mill for his potential and not so much his play. 7 goals and 14 pts in 19 games this year so far. 21 goals and 37 pts last year. Not bad but not worth 6 mill, IMO.

Kristian Vesalainen was a guy I liked during the 2017 draft, but we took Vaak.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
and what reasoning does OTT have to move him outside of a MASSIVE over payment? BTW injuries happen, but no one could predict we'd have this many guys going down in a row. If you could predict that, send me the winning lotto numbers too.

He's a free agent and makes $3.4 million, plus OTT can get a controllable prospect(s), pick(s) in return?

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
jon moore/kevin miller, cehlarik for roslovic.. jon moore is cost controlled for a long period of time. which is what winnipeg wants/needs.. roslo doesnt get the minutes he should . decent size, nose for the net has skill.. would love to see this happen .. probably would have to throw more than that at winnipeg though

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He's a free agent and makes $3.4 million, plus OTT can get a controllable prospect(s), pick(s) in return?

Doesn't mean OTT has any reason to move him right now for anything short of an overpayment. The price will be higher at the deadline when teams get into a bidding war. Right now most teams are still trying to figure out if they are buyers or sellers. Why sell when the market isn't even established yet?

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Doesn't mean OTT has any reason to move him right now for anything short of an overpayment. The price will be higher at the deadline when teams get into a bidding war. Right now most teams are still trying to figure out if they are buyers or sellers. Why sell when the market isn't even established yet?

Good point. I misunderstood your post. Listening to Elliott Friedman this morning, he said OTT doesn't want it to turn into a circus like it did last season. If they make a deal, they won't drag it out. They will probably take a shot at re-signing JGP first, though. He added that there's also the possibility of letting JGP know that they will trade him, but want to re-sign him after he reaches FA.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
jon moore/kevin miller, cehlarik for roslovic.. jon moore is cost controlled for a long period of time. which is what winnipeg wants/needs.. roslo doesnt get the minutes he should . decent size, nose for the net has skill.. would love to see this happen .. probably would have to throw more than that at winnipeg though

I think there are other teams that beat that offer.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Is this you justifying his role as the current 3rd line center? Because if it is....

Here's the justification. We currently have enough injuries where he has to play as our #3C. Its not ideal, but he was signed to be a depth guy if injuries happened. He may not be contributing points, but he's not giving them up either. He's doing exactly what he needs to do as a temporary fix until we get DeBrusk back. At that point you can either keep freddy up or call up Ceharlik

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Heinen
Frederic/Cehlarik - Coyle - Bjork

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
As of today, there is a handful of teams you can consider sellers. LA, Minnesota, Ottawa, Detroit and New Jersey. Maybe you can add Columbus to that. And Winnipeg is looking for help on the blue line.

It's fluid and there will be more sellers as the season progresses, but there aren't a lot of options right now. You aren't getting a Mantha from Detroit as an example.

Yeah but are those teams prepared to sell *now* as opposed to waiting until the deadline?

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
would you do ? : torey krug for anthony Mantha swap.
While krug is out with an injury bruins brass can assess if #48 can be a top 4 D. if he can i may think about doing that trade.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
would you do ? : torey krug for anthony Mantha swap.
While krug is out with an injury bruins brass can assess if #48 can be a top 4 D. if he can i may think about doing that trade.

Doesn't really matter because Detroit wouldn't. They are not contenders and Mantha is part of their core. Krug is a pending UFA and could hit the market, at which point they could throw big money at him to lure him back home. Unless Bruins trade Krug w/ an extension in place, Detroit has zero reason to trade for Krug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad