Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This is what if's. All I can do is look at the facts, and the facts have shown Heinen is a more productive hockey player. Also, you're ignoring TOI, which is a massive factor. Heinen outproduces Anderson, despite averaging 3-5 minutes LESS per game.

Do you think Heinen will ever sniff 27 goals?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Would Anderson really fit with Krejci? He doesn't really seem like the type of winger that works with Krejci. He's a straight-line fast guy. Yes, he's a big body, but I feel he'd fit like DeBrusk does.

Sounds exactly like Lucic and Horton.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
For Pete's sake - first you want Boston to trade for Koivu and now it's Kovalchuk. What's with your desire to have Boston add a player with next to nothing left in the tank ???? How soon do we have to wait for your " Patrick Marleau Trade Propsal " thread. :thumbd:

I guess i pay attention to the cap?

Doesnt matter how much they have left in the tank if we cant afford the fillup

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People weren’t ornery when Heinen produced nothing in the playoffs last year...why would that change?

My only point is this......27 goals is a lot.

You don’t score 27 by accident.

Maybe he’d come here and score 30....maybe he’d bust.

Either way, when Anderson is at his best, he’s exactly what this team needs,

When Heinen is at his best, he’s just about the same as about 4 other guys already on this roster, maybe more.

.....I beg to differ with the bolded lol

Also Beleskey had over 30 the year before he signed here, it can absolutely happen by accident. The 1 in the last 21 is really concerning to me though, and I get he’s battled some injuries. But those injuries are also concerning, as a guy who has seen multiple beloved power forwards break down here I see what that style of play brings in the long run. It’s awesome to have when they are at their best but it’s also important to make sure you’re paying for their best. You rarely are.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Also Beleskey had over 30 the year before he signed here, it can absolutely happen by accident. The 1 in the last 21 is really concerning to me though, and I get he’s battled some injuries

Which is another reason I stay away. He's had some injury issues in his career, and players with his style don't usually get more durable as they age.

Reactions: CDJ

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
7 goals?

25 vs. 32
30 vs. 37

Yes, it matters.

If Heinen scored 18 last year instead of his 11, there’d be people here calling him team MVP.
Lol.

It's not just about goals. It's about points....A point means there was a goal scored.

Heinen has been a factor on more goals than Anderson has. All while being the significantly better defensive player.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Also Beleskey had over 30 the year before he signed here, it can absolutely happen by accident. The 1 in the last 21 is really concerning to me though, and I get he’s battled some injuries. But those injuries are also concerning, as a guy who has seen multiple beloved power forwards break down here

I know players go off reservation from time to time.....but I’m banking on that not being the case with Anderson. Maybe he won’t be a 30 goal guy, but he’s a threat....more of a goal scoring threat than everyone but line 1 and maybe, maybe JDB.....but more importantly he’s different than every other forward in that he’s bigger, stronger and tougher.

They can certainly take a chance on moving out one small/light soft defensive forward for a different style player.

Given this teams need, I feel it would be well worth the risk.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know players go off reservation from time to time.....but I’m banking on that not being the case with Anderson. Maybe he won’t be a 30 goal guy, but he’s a threat....more of a goal scoring threat than everyone but line 1 and maybe, maybe JDB.....but more importantly he’s different than every other forward in that he’s bigger, stronger and tougher.

They can certainly take a chance on moving out one small/light soft defensive forward for a different style player.

Given this teams need, I feel it would be well worth the risk.

Fair enough, I think what he would cost vs what he would bring wouldn’t be worth it in the end

If they target a struggling blue jacket I wouldn’t mind them taking a chance on Boone Jenner. You get a lot of the same PF elements you get with Anderson (big guy, crashes the net). Plus it would allow them to move Coyle up to Krejci’s wing if they really want to do that. He Scored 30 once but has kind of settled into the teens since. His contract is about where it should be. I think he would come cheaper and they’d get more value out of him

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It's not just about goals. It's about points....A point means there was a goal scored.

Heinen has been a factor on more goals than Anderson has. All while being the significantly better defensive player.

Not going to waste anyone’s time looking into it because we’ll never agree.....I’ll just leave it at this.

You can get a point for simply giving the puck to a guy who does something amazing to set up a goal or a guy can take a mundane pass and make an incredible move to score a goal.

Goals are the key....sure sometimes they are lucky and sometimes a teammate gives you a layup.

But outside of the high volume players...when the totals are similar, I’ll almost always value the goal scorer more.

If we were looking at Heinen averaging 15 - 45 - 60 and Anderson at 25 - 15 - 40, maybe I’d agree.

But we’re not....they’re close in production and this team needs a goal scorer....especially one with the physical game Anderson brings,

In the end, I’d much rather they move Bjork or prospects and picks if they were going to go after him, but I don’t think that works cap-wise.

So, if it were up to me and Columbus would take Heinen for Anderson straight up, I’d do it in a heartbeat because that’s what this team needs and Heinen like players are what they have in abundance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenian24

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Not going to waste anyone’s time looking into it because we’ll never agree.....I’ll just leave it at this.

You can get a point for simply giving the puck to a guy who does something amazing to set up a goal or a guy can take a mundane pass and make an incredible move to score a goal.

Goals are the key....sure sometimes they are lucky and sometimes a teammate gives you a layup.

But outside of the high volume players...when the totals are similar, .I’ll almost always value the goal scorer more.

If we were looking at Heinen averaging 15-45 - 60 and Anderson at 25 - 15 -40, maybe I’d agree.

But we’re not....they’re close in production and this team needs a goal scorer....especially one with the physical game Anderson brings,

In the end, I’d much rather they move Bjork or prospects and picks if they were going to go after him, but I don’t think that works cap-wise.

So, if it were up to me and Columbus would take Heinen for Anderson straight up, I’d do it in a heartbeat because that’s what this team needs and Heinen like players are what they have in abundance.
very well said

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Your barking up the wrong tree with this battle and Ive realized its not worth the aggravation lol. I'm not even going to defend him to people anymore because there isn't anything that'll change their mind unless Heinen throw 400 hits and scores 60 goals. If they dont appreciate what Heinen brings I just feel sorry for them.

Reactions: maxl7

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Your barking up the wrong tree with this battle and Ive realized its not worth the aggravation lol. I'm not even going to defend him to people anymore because there isn't anything that'll change their mind unless Heinen throw 400 hits and scores 60 goals. If they dont appreciate what Heinen brings I just feel sorry for them.
I think Tyler Toffoli is the more realistic option down the line.. Anderson has become the Stone of last year’s TDL.. pipe dream.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
bruin braintrust wanted him... he chose LA and their 3 year offer, but I trust the bruins brain trust... they saw something in the idea of picking him up

going to trust their judgement on this one

That might be the shortest response to a post you've ever had.

Kings saw something back then too, seems like they changed their opinion. I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say the Bruins management are smart enough to make the same determination.

Kovalchuk sucks and would be a terrible acquisition. His only value is firing one-timers from the top of the left circle. And they already have Pastrnak to do that just fine.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Such a condescending post.

We get it.......Heinen is good defensively and he "does all the little things" that apparently help a team make it all the way to game 7 of the cup finals before losing.

What part of: Heinen, Lindholm, Nordstrom, Kuraly, Wagner, Kuhlman, etc., with some minor variations are all pretty much the same player --- bottom 6 forwards --- is so difficult to understand?

Wagner and Kuraly may be more physical, Nordstrom may be a little quicker, Heinen may be better defensively but in the end they are all best suited to lines 3 and 4.

Aside from very few here, most reasonable people see Heinen as a very good third line player.

Yes, teams often win because their third line is good. The problem here is that there is a gaping hole on the 2nd line, one that even the great Danton Heinen cannot seem to fix. They need a 25 - 30 goal forward or they're highly unlikely to go as far as they did last year.

Given the above -- how is it unreasonable to suggest that it might make sense to move out Heinen (or any of the players I named above) for a more productive goal scorer, especially one that brings something else that's lacking among the top 6 --- physicality and size?

If given the choice, I'd pick any of those other guys over Heinen, but in reality, given their ages and cap considerations, it probably wouldn't work.

Again......and finally ---- there are other guys on this team that can approximate what Heinen can do significantly more than there are other guys who can do what Anderson can do if he were to return to form. Something I think he would do with a fresh start and playing with a guy like Krejci.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
And those of us who don't see what the cult of Heinen see feel the same way. Been a fan for 45 years, I have never seen a defensive 11 goal scorer so overrated by this fan base.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

We get it.......Heinen is good defensively and he "does all the little things" that apparently help a team make it all the way to game 7 of the cup finals before losing.

What part of: Heinen, Lindholm, Nordstrom, Kuraly, Wagner, Kuhlman, etc., with some minor variations are all pretty much the same player --- bottom 6 forwards --- is so difficult to understand?

Wagner and Kuraly may be more physical, Nordstrom may be a little quicker, Heinen may be better defensively but in the end they are all best suited to lines 3 and 4.

Aside from very few here, most reasonable people see Heinen as a very good third line player.

Yes, teams often win because their third line is good. The problem here is that there is a gaping hole on the 2nd line, one that even the great Danton Heinen cannot seem to fix. They need a 25 - 30 goal forward or they're highly unlikely to go as far as they did last year.

Given the above -- how is it unreasonable to suggest that it might make sense to move out Heinen (or any of the players I named above) for a more productive goal scorer, especially one that brings something else that's lacking among the top 6 --- physicality and size?

If given the choice, I'd pick any of those other guys over Heinen, but in reality, given their ages and cap considerations, it probably wouldn't work.

Again......and finally ---- there are other guys on this team that can approximate what Heinen can do significantly more than there are other guys who can do what Anderson can do if he were to return to form. Something I think he would do with a fresh start and playing with a guy like Krejci.

:thumbu: - Not sure what you wrote but I already know your stance

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I have been very critical of Zach Senyshyn's development but given the time on ice and opportunities Heinen gets he could produce similar goal totals, as could Chelarik who I am not a fan of, Wagner has produced more, Bjork, even Paul Carey may be able to produce similar offensive numbers.

A good defensive winger is not that tough to replace, especially one who has grand total of 5 hits in 18 games.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Lol....Every guy you listed was a 4th liner besides Heinen. He's nothing like any of them because he's a middle 6 forward. How is Heinen lumped in with these players when his worst statistical season hasn't even been sniffed by any of them? Heinen is a 0.50 PPG player in the NHL.

Kuraly? 0.23 PPG
Nordstrom? 0.18 PPG
Wagner? 0.20 PPG
Lindholm? 0.19 PPG
Kuhlman? 0.26 PPG

I mean, really LMFAO.

Reactions: CDJ and maxl7

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I have been very critical of Zach Senyshyn's development but given the time on ice and opportunities Heinen gets he could produce similar goal totals, as could Chelarik who I am not a fan of, Wagner has produced more, Bjork, even Paul Carey may be able to produce similar offensive numbers.

A good defensive winger is not that tough to replace, especially one who has grand total of 5 hits in 18 games.

So they'd all produce more than Anderson as well? Since Heinen outproduces Anderson in his TOI/Opportunities. That's basically your logic.....

Give Heinen the TOI/Opportunities and he could produce more goals. He already produces more points, so that's a given.

More embarrassing posting from the Heinen Haters.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This team needs help NOW, not at the TDL. DS needs to grow a set and start getting this team together. At first I did not want to give up much just to move Backes, but at this point I would give up any prospect even UV to get rid of him, unless we can convince him to just retire already like he should do, he is an anchor. After that then start adding, we need at least one solid to good 3rd line forward and one more legit top 6 guy, a scorer, not some guy that may or may not work out like Toffoli, but a go for the fences type move.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This team needs help NOW, not at the TDL. DS needs to grow a set and start getting this team together. At first I did not want to give up much just to move Backes, but at this point I would give up any prospect even UV to get rid of him, unless we can convince him to just retire already like he should do, he is an anchor. After that then start adding, we need at least one solid to good 3rd line forward and one more legit top 6 guy, a scorer, not some guy that may or may not work out like Toffoli, but a go for the fences type move.

So you want to acquire a solid/good 3rd liner + Top 6 winger and in the process you would potentially give up our best chip in UV to get Backes off the books, when Backes is out injured and may not play again? Interesting....

Step back from the ledge.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad