Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XXI: Fifty Shades of Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

........................................................................................ck!

This is the worst year to be average, I hope chia keeps to his words and doesn't trade 1st to vermette.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The Kypreos tweet barely makes sense.

So "feared long term" and then "possibly cost him a good portion of regular season"

There are 23 games left. What portion of that is less than "long term"?

Make up your mind Kyp...

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
If Krejci is expected back before the playoffs, I'm comfortable going with Bergeron, Spooner and Soderberg up the middle until then. Less comfortable with Kelly, so I hope we keep Spooner.

If Krejci is out for the playoffs, I don't know what to say.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If Krejci is expected back before the playoffs, I'm comfortable going with Bergeron, Spooner and Soderberg up the middle until then. Less comfortable with Kelly, so I hope we keep Spooner.

If Krejci is out for the playoffs, I don't know what to say.

If Krejci is out until the playoffs then I have severe doubts of us even making it there... Even if he's in, it's like 60/70% we do anyway.

Not good at all. We need a top-6 winger and top-4 defenseman BADLY, but we need a top-6 winger so Krejci can have someone to play with... Obviously he didn't have the greatest playoff run but he's arguably out most clutch player and he's our first line center. Bergy and Krejci is one of the best center tandems in the league, but without either one of them, it crumbles. Soderberg is great but he's never played in the top-6 for more than a game or two in a row. He's used to absolutely dominating other weak 3rd lines. What happens when he's put up against better players? He's also been pretty quiet since his hot start... Have to hope he can.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
If Krejci is out until the playoffs then I have severe doubts of us even making it there... Even if he's in, it's like 60/70% we do anyway.

Not good at all. We need a top-6 winger and top-4 defenseman BADLY, but we need a top-6 winger so Krejci can have someone to play with... Obviously he didn't have the greatest playoff run but he's arguably out most clutch player and he's our first line center. Bergy and Krejci is one of the best center tandems in the league, but without either one of them, it crumbles. Soderberg is great but he's never played in the top-6 for more than a game or two in a row. He's used to absolutely dominating other weak 3rd lines. What happens when he's put up against better players? He's also been pretty quiet since his hot start... Have to hope he can.

We can lose Krejci, not make any trades and still stay ahead of Florida. We're a better team than they are. The only question is will Krejci be healthy (not just playing, but healthy) in the first round. If he will, stick to plan and add some pieces.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
We can lose Krejci, not make any trades and still stay ahead of Florida. We're a better team than they are. The only question is will Krejci be healthy (not just playing, but healthy) in the first round. If he will, stick to plan and add some pieces.

That's definitely not a given. And also, Philadelphia is right there behind them. I keep forgetting that.

They've been right next to us even with a relatively healthy team for the past 2 months. Losing your #1C does not bode well. They definitely can, but the chances that they will are lower.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

So "feared long term" and then "possibly cost him a good portion of regular season"

Make up your mind Kyp...

I just want to know what the MRI says. Anything torn means long term.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
This may be a blessing in disguise. If Krejci is out for the rest of the regular season, it opens 5.25 million in cap space. We bring in a big piece that can get us over the hump and secure the 8th seed. DK comes back for the playoffs. Salary doesn't matter in the postseason correct?

All depending on if Spooner can maintain consistency.

David Krejci*

A little hot streak in between healthy scratches constitutes "eating crow"?? Pastrnak had 4 goals in 2 games perhaps Julien should've awarded him Captaincy?

Considering Boston's top-9, Kassian is only an upgrade on Kelly. Zero chance he slots into top-6. And I don't play him over Loui.

Talk to me in a week when Kassian gets cold again is sitting in the press box for lack of consistency.
This, lol. Holy **** this place is nauseating sometimes. Shawn Matthias had a hat trick against us. He should get going on his Hall of Fame speech.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This may be a blessing in disguise. If Krejci is out for the rest of the regular season, it opens 5.25 million in cap space. We bring in a big piece that can get us over the hump and secure the 8th seed. DK comes back for the playoffs. Salary doesn't matter in the postseason correct?

All depending on if Spooner can maintain consistency.

I didn't want to say this out of respect for krecji that maybe chia is happy if they can put his cap away untill playoffs and make a big trade/'s and when we are in the playoffs cap doesn't matter.

So maybe we will see someone like yandle on the bruins.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
This, lol. Holy **** this place is nauseating sometimes. Shawn Matthias had a hat trick against us. He should get going on his Hall of Fame speech.

I mean ****, I'll still take a flyer on him for our 3rd line. If you can move salary of Paille and slot him on the third line, I'm fine with that. Shift Kelly down to the 4th. Better than nothing and you don't mortgage your long term future for it.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
What does everyone think about Geoffrey Lupul? What about something around 2nd rounder and a decent prospect? I think he's a good add if we decide to be buyers who could be had at a reasonable price.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
What does everyone think about Geoffrey Lupul? What about something around 2nd rounder and a decent prospect? I think he's a good add if we decide to be buyers who could be had at a reasonable price.

Paid way too much for way too long. Injured every other game.

Can't do it. If he were a rental, sure, give him a shot. He's a great player when he's on top of his game. But there's no way we take him at 5.2m for another 3 years.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Actual photo of Joffrey Lupul:

588159fe3580320f71fb751ffa1ea5404ed310e59e1b57aae6eb26f25377ab52.jpg

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.

Make up your mind Kyp...

Kypreos is worse than Eklund when it comes to his Bruins reports. If Krejci is hurt for a while then this will be a 1st for him. Remember the day Nick Kypreos was right about the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad