Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XXI: Fifty Shades of Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So, since Kassian was brought back into the lineup from being a healthy scratch:

9 Games

6 Goals
3 Assists

...and is playing tonight on the 1st line with the Sedins, where he has his third goal in two games.

Can anyone here still tell me he is a 4th line scrub? Anyone willing to admit that they were wrong and he would make an excellent 3rd line/2nd line addition to this team?

I know there is a good group of supporters for the idea but the ones who have been bashing him and any idea of bringing him in need to eat a little humble pie here.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
So, since Kassian was brought back into the lineup from being a healthy scratch:

9 Games

6 Goals
3 Assists

...and is playing tonight on the 1st line with the Sedins, where he has his third goal in two games.

Can anyone here still tell me he is a 4th line scrub? Anyone willing to admit that they were wrong and he would make an excellent 3rd line/2nd line addition to this team?

I know there is a good group of supporters for the idea but the ones who have been bashing him and any idea of bringing him in need to eat a little humble pie here.

Do you figure he stays put now Coach? Or do you think he's still gonna get dealt?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
It's not helping Chiarelli's case that Kassian has been scoring of late. What's the rumored cost?

Well they want another young player/pick. A couple weeks ago it was talk of Bartkowski for him. I'm hoping Spooner showcasing is enough for them but many thought Khokhlachev or Spooner/Bartkowski for Kassian+mid pick was doable.

I still think he would look good with Khokhlachev and Kelly on the 3rd line but with the way he has been playing these nine games (and on the first line recently) I really want to see him experimented with on all the RW spots at some point.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Do you figure he stays put now Coach? Or do you think he's still gonna get dealt?

I still think he is gone. I think he is gone after the game against the Bruins. Benning asked for a price for Kassian and GM's said no, so it would make sense that he was told that he needs to play better to have some value that Benning could get in return.

Nine games later, he has done that and can be traded for value.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

9 Games

6 Goals
3 Assists

A little hot streak in between healthy scratches constitutes "eating crow"?? Pastrnak had 4 goals in 2 games perhaps Julien should've awarded him Captaincy?

Considering Boston's top-9, Kassian is only an upgrade on Kelly. Zero chance he slots into top-6. And I don't play him over Loui.

Talk to me in a week when Kassian gets cold again is sitting in the press box for lack of consistency.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

9 Games

6 Goals
3 Assists

He's playing with the Sedins. He has skill (in a similar manner to Lucic the goon) although not to the same level. He is a 3rd liner more than a 2nd liner right now but I'd like him on our bottom 6. We need what he brings if the price isn't insane.

Mr. Make-Believe

A little hot streak in between healthy scratches constitutes "eating crow"?? Pastrnak had 4 goals in 2 games perhaps Julien should've awarded him Captaincy?

Considering Boston's top-9, Kassian is only an upgrade on Kelly. Zero chance he slots into top-6. And I don't play him over Loui.

Talk to me in a week when Kassian gets cold again is sitting in the press box for lack of consistency.

You wouldn't admit this as evidence that he's more than just a fourth line grinder?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Yes, it does consider 'eating crow' when people said he was a 4th line plug. Nothing he has done at all has suggested 4th line and he has played on lines 1-3 since being put into the roster; exactly what Boston would have done with him during this nine game fiasco.

Mr. Make-Believe

I still think he is gone. I think he is gone after the game against the Bruins. Benning asked for a price for Kassian and GM's said no, so it would make sense that he was told that he needs to play better to have some value that Benning could get in return.

Well here's hoping...

I'm going to have my fingers crossed on Tuesday night.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Tough to say. I like him... But that contract really hurts.

I'd have to see how he'd fit in more of a big picture sense.

If you get him.. Have to consider him as a long term solution. He's a rhs that could help to anchor the second pair...

Not sure what CLB is looking for though. Would they take Kelly/would he waive? Seidenberg? Expiring contracts of Paille or Campbell?

Mr. Make-Believe

If you get him.. Have to consider him as a long term solution. He's a rhs that could help to anchor the second pair...

Not sure what CLB is looking for though. Would they take Kelly/would he waive? Seidenberg? Expiring contracts of Paille or Campbell?

I believe CBJ was on Kelly's list.

We'd have to see. I'm still pretty iffy on the idea.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Jack Johnson would be one hell of an add. Guy ate minutes last year in the playoffs against Pittsburgh. 40 minutes in one game I believe...

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts

Are you saying the team told Kassian he has to play better, and actually told him it is so they can get more value in a trade? Does that really happen?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That was my hope. Signed Kassian for another year for him to prove himself.

I like the idea of both Lucic and Kassian proving themselves in contract years next year.

I would do this because we really need D help badly, if we could just package smith++ for boedker+michalek.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Are you saying the team told Kassian he has to play better, and actually told him it is so they can get more value in a trade? Does that really happen?

Maybe he doesn't want to be traded and is hoping he can stay. Or maybe he wants out and is hoping a good team will go for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad