Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lets not trade for a player that hits and has been injured and has 1 goal in 26 games this this season. Lets keep the one that has 2 goals last 29 games and has been a healthy scratch this year for performance.

Reactions: Number6

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Like with Coyle Sweeney will go with term

Kreider is a true rental at a high cost - that doesn't fit the Sweeney analytics

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
But he hits!

And hasn't the biggest concern been for Krejci to have a legit top 6 forward? Not a guy that we would literally need to expect Krejci to make better. I don't think Krejci is that player at this point to expect that.

If we acquired Anderson, it would be on the bottom 6, more as a physical presence than a 2nd line goal scoring solution.
And a huge upgrade over Heinen if that is all he costs. Anderson has potential to be a power forward that may score 25 again, Henen is............Heinen.

Reactions: Strafer

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Anderson should only be acquired in the off-season, if they really are interested. I don't feel comfortable trading a good asset for an injured asset against a team we might end up having to play in the playoffs.

Several people also seem high on trading Heinen or Bjork, but I think this team needs an addition of a high end player, without having to subtract from the roster.

I personally don't think we can afford to wait until the deadline. Tampa is the 2nd best team in the NHL behind us, and unfortunately they play in our division. Would be lousy to finish 2nd overall in points & not even be in 1st place in the division

Reactions: Lo97

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Anderson should only be acquired in the off-season, if they really are interested. I don't feel comfortable trading a good asset for an injured asset against a team we might end up having to play in the playoffs.

Several people also seem high on trading Heinen or Bjork, but I think this team needs an addition of a high end player, without having to subtract from the roster.

I personally don't think we can afford to wait until the deadline. Tampa is the 2nd best team in the NHL behind us, and unfortunately they play in our division. Would be lousy to finish 2nd overall in points & not even be in 1st place in the division
If you want to make a high end addition it will cost a roster player. Besides my rather strong dislike for Heinen's game he is the best asset to move. Bad contract for what he brings, frequent healthy scratch and would open up a spot in the top 9. It will cost much more than Heinen to add an impact player but he is a starting point.

For all of his defenders here maybe there is a GM who overvalues him as well and the Bruins can get a decent return for him. I really think NJ or Florida are his best fits, no media, low intensity fan base and he could play his "smart, heady" game and no one would notice.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
2nd + 4th for Toffoli (mojo trade)
Heinen, Vaak/Lauzon, 1st for Palmieri

If the devils are interested in first borns I can work with my wife and see if we can make that happen.

Go go go.

That’s really going all in and setting for rebuild in few years

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
And a huge upgrade over Heinen if that is all he costs. Anderson has potential to be a power forward that may score 25 again, Henen is............Heinen.

I really dont understand your obsession with using heinen to get Anderson. I have no problem trading heinen, but it better be part of a package that gets you a much better player than Anderson.

when Anderson has been healthy this year he has been one of Columbus’ biggest disappointments. He had one good year where he put up 47 points and the other two he put up 30 and 29 points.

does he have potential? Yes, but let’s go out and get a guy who actually consistently produces.

BruinsNetwork

I really dont understand your obsession with using heinen to get Anderson. I have no problem trading heinen, but it better be part of a package that gets you a much better player than Anderson.

when Anderson has been healthy this year he has been one of Columbus’ biggest disappointments. He had one good year where he put up 47 points and the other two he put up 30 and 29 points.

does he have potential? Yes, but let’s go out and get a guy who actually consistently produces.

Anderson said yesterday in a piece on The Athletic that he isn't even sure if he'll be returning this season. Even further, his shoulder injury this time around is his right shoulder as opposed to his alleged left-shoulder injury during the playoffs last year. Anderson is a question mark and he's hurt two separate shoulders in less than a calendar year. Not really the kind of guy you go shell out good assets for.

I could see if this was during his ~30G season, but now? It just isn't a good idea to invest what it would take to acquire Anderson given that he's a significant risk.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Really don't get the continued fascination with Anderson. Could be a catastrophic acquisition. 1 goal on the year. Injury issues.

Yuck.
i want kreider number 1 but i would absolutely take anderson. even with his 1 goal. over heinen. he had a great round against us last year. if not for rask and posts he wouldve had 5 goals at least.
he also only makes around 1.5 mil this year. he would be easy to fit in on the cap.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsNetwork

i want kreider number 1 but i would absolutely take anderson. even with his 1 goal. over heinen. he had a great round against us last year. if not for rask and posts he wouldve had 5 goals at least.
he also only makes around 1.5 mil this year. he would be easy to fit in on the cap.

Anderson did not have a "great round" against the Bruins last year.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
2nd + 4th for Toffoli (mojo trade)
Heinen, Vaak/Lauzon, 1st for Palmieri

If the devils are interested in first borns I can work with my wife and see if we can make that happen.

Go go go.

That feels like awfully steep of a price for Palmieri, a good 2nd line winger. I hope that isn't their asking price.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If you want to make a high end addition it will cost a roster player. Besides my rather strong dislike for Heinen's game he is the best asset to move. Bad contract for what he brings, frequent healthy scratch and would open up a spot in the top 9. It will cost much more than Heinen to add an impact player but he is a starting point.

For all of his defenders here maybe there is a GM who overvalues him as well and the Bruins can get a decent return for him. I really think NJ or Florida are his best fits, no media, low intensity fan base and he could play his "smart, heady" game and no one would notice.

Taylor Hall was traded at 50% for 3 players that have never played in the NHL. The deadline often sees players traded for prospects & picks.

I don't think Heinen is great either; but I think he's an effective 3rd line player, which is what he is paid like. The problem is that he often has to play above that, much like Kuhlman. (who I also like)

If you could slot Heinen on your third line, and Kuhlman down to the 4th, this is a really deep playoff team.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Lo97

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Anderson said yesterday in a piece on The Athletic that he isn't even sure if he'll be returning this season. Even further, his shoulder injury this time around is his right shoulder as opposed to his alleged left-shoulder injury during the playoffs last year. Anderson is a question mark and he's hurt two separate shoulders in less than a calendar year. Not really the kind of guy you go shell out good assets for.

I could see if this was during his ~30G season, but now? It just isn't a good idea to invest what it would take to acquire Anderson given that he's a significant risk.

Exactly. I’m all for bringing someone in who can play on the 2nd line RW and if that takes Heinen in a package to make it happen, so be it and let kuhlman play 3rd line RW. However Anderson is not the answer.

Bruins should go out and get someone who has consistently been scoring goals/putting up points. We shouldn’t be targeting players who “might reach their potential” on krejcis RW. Especially not at the cost of current top 9 roster players.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Taylor Hall was traded at 50% for 3 players that have never played in the NHL. The deadline often sees players traded for prospects & picks.

I don't think Heinen is great either; but I think he's an effective 3rd line player, which is what he is paid like. The problem is that he often has to play above that, much like Kuhlman. (who I also like)

If you could slot Heinen on your third line, and Kuhlman down to the 4th, this is a really deep playoff team.
That's an awfully soft bottom 6 and I like Kuhlman. Better be a Frederic, Wood or Anderson (or more than 1) in the mix otherwise same result as last year. No Cup because they are too small and passive.

Reactions: capecodder

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Anderson did not have a "great round" against the Bruins last year.
if he is healthy he would be an improvement over Heinen. If we add Kreider, that would be an excellent addition.
I did not know his injury was as bad as you stated though, and he might not return this year at all.

Reactions: sarge88

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Kreider-Krejci-Anderson
debrusk-Coyle-Kuhlman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

hoping thats our lineup game 1 playoffs.

There's no way they get both Kreider and Anderson. Or Kreider and Palmieri for that matter. Those are all A-assets, and we'd have to gut our futures to do it.

If we get two players it probably has to be an A and a C (like Palmieri Wood) or two B's (like Coyle and Mojo).

BruinsNetwork

There's no way they get both Kreider and Anderson. Or Kreider and Palmieri for that matter. Those are all A-assets, and we'd have to gut our futures to do it.

If we get two players it probably has to be an A and a C (like Palmieri Wood) or two B's (like Coyle and Mojo).

They don’t need two high-end or high-cost acquisitions, anyways. Everyone said the same thing last year and many were disappointed with both trades for MoJo and Coyle.

I’m in the minority, but I still think someone like Toffoli is the best option for what this team needs. Can you get someone like Kase (if healthy) for something that won’t break the bank? Cool, do it. Otherwise, I don’t think they need a star or super high-end player.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I'd take one A, and go with the roster as it stands. I am more than a little intrigued about the Anderson talk, and I think he'd be the guy I'd prefer overall. I also think it likely we end up with more like a Tyler Toffoli or Kevin Labanc level guy, which would be fine too. Bruins have one major deficiency (I am not one that worries too much about getting more size or nasty- it would be nice, but not necessary) and that is a RW that can put pucks in the net. Get that, and I like the team's chances to play for another cup. I actually like their chances if they don't add,to be honest, but I would like to see a wing brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad