All Bruins rumors/proposals: The Long Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'm super curious about Koko. Before Spooner busted out I was under the impression that the team preferred Koko to Spooner as a prospect. If that is the case, and Spooner obviously has more trade value right now, I wonder where that leaves things if Koko starts out gang busters with his recovered wrist.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think the Bruins should look at who they're willing to trade: for arguments sake here's a quick list. Seeing as how Sweeney's all about picks I doubt he's looking to move any 1st or 2nd rnd picks unless it's a blockbuster deal so I'll keep them off.

1. Seidenberg
2. kelly
3. KOKO(comes up alot)
4. Loui Ericsson
5. Malcom Subban
6. Max Talbot

I hope they keep KOKO but he'd be an interesting prospect to dangle to a team like TO packaged with Subban for JVR.

Kelly and seids could go to buffalo to help the younger core and in return BOS could get some 2nd/3rd rnd draft picks possibly to use later to sweeten up a trade.

Talbot is another guy who's good for the room and could help another younger team along with a good 4th line presence. return would be a later draft pick.

Loui... If he's an offseason move I hope it's too position ourselves for a #1/#2 Dman or if things go off the rails we can probably get a great return sending him to a contender at the deadline.

what/who do you think could be the possible trade partners and returns on these players?

You may find the answers and opinions you seek here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1929203

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Zid is a completely different style of player though. If he blows, make him the extra D man.

The Bruins already have 8/9 D-men signed that you could pass off in an NHL line-up (Chara, Seidenberg, Krug, Morrow, Irwin, K. Miller, McQuaid, Trotman, possibly even C. Miller). The problem is that only Chara and Seidenberg are proven top 4 guys (and they both had off-years and are getting older), and no matter what you do with the other 6/7 guys, it'll feel like at least 2 of them are in over their heads. I realize Zidlicky does have a fairly unique skill-set, but he's still going to be out of place playing top 4 minutes.

Franson and Ehrhoff, while by no means perfect top 4 guys, still have both proven they are capable of handling those minutes, and both bring some puck-moving ability/offense to the table. IMO if they don't get one of those two, they should do nothing at all.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
You may find the answers and opinions you seek here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1929203

I thought so too , but that one went off the rails a bit here and there... trying to get something going about potential trades , who we would trade, where they would go and what a reasonable return is going to be and not discuss the line up as much or whether trotman should play with chara as a lot of the boards seem to get in that general direction.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Zidlicky is not a legit top 4 guy though, even if he played those minutes in New Jersey. While he does have a different skillset, it's ultimately just more of the same in terms of how he slots into the line-up. The Bruins already have 3 RHD that are bottom-pairing guys.

Is he better than Irwin/Trotman, if yes then he would make us better, like it has been said many many times we need a D-player who can clear the puck, via skating or passing and Zid could be a huge help for that, he can also give you +30points which we need badly if we want to be in the playoffs and he could possible limit Chara's minutes which would be huge for our next 2 seasons.

We could definitely use Zid's passing and he shouldn't be too expensive to sign, could leave us 2M in cap space if we sign him around 2M.

It's pretty clear now that Sweeney is not going to star the season with the D-players we have so now it's just figuring our who helps us the most&fits the best.

I kind of like Chara-Ehrhoff-Krug 1year LD goup and if Seids the big if can improve a lot the RD side could be okay, but do I like it more than Franson for 2years I don't know, with 1y deal we'd still be 2 top4D's short next offseason.

1) Franson on a max3y deal, if not then Ehrhoff for 1year deal and Zid is the 3rd backup of a backup option. But no matter which one we'd get our blueline would get better and I would say welcome. Best option would be not to take anyone but we are where we are right now and have to get through this somehow.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Hmmm, new poster who randomly capitalizes player names? Why does this seem familiar? :sarcasm:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Not sure why that would be familiar? I suppose I could have written koko instead....

We have a banned poster who keeps trying to come back as a sockpuppet, but he always tips his hand by posting random player names in all CAPITALS, mostly in threads with titles like "What the Bruins need". If you aren't him, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
We have a banned poster who keeps trying to come back as a sockpuppet, but he always tips his hand by posting random player names in all CAPITALS, mostly in threads with titles like "What the Bruins need". If you aren't him, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

ahh, well certainly not me.....

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
who should the bruins be looking at to obtain in a trade? are there any good trading partners out there for them? either for salary dump or to get a high scoring Dman or LW in return?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

I don't think it's him, he just did it to emphasize how koko is brought up a lot.

Besides, the only people with value are probably Loui ERIKSSON, Malcolm SUBBAN, and Alex KHOKHLACHEV. Not many teams would be interested in Dennis SEIDENBERG, Chris KELLY, or Max TALBOT.

:sarcasm:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Zidlicky is not a legit top 4 guy though, even if he played those minutes in New Jersey. While he does have a different skillset, it's ultimately just more of the same in terms of how he slots into the line-up. The Bruins already have 3 RHD that are bottom-pairing guys.

If you're going by defensive skill, Franson isn't any closer to a top 4 guy.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I don't think it's him, he just did it to emphasize how koko is brought up a lot.

Besides, the only people with value are probably Loui ERIKSSON, Malcolm SUBBAN, and Alex KHOKHLACHEV. Not many teams would be interested in Dennis SEIDENBERG, Chris KELLY, or Max TALBOT.

I agree.... I can see the B's squeezing Seids, Kelly, or Talbot in as part of package to off load some cash and create cap space. with talbot it doesn't save a ton of cash but opens a roster spot for ferlin or griffith.

there a coule teams with younger D-cores who could porbably benefit from Seidenberg for couple years.... but Sweeney certainly needs to find a dance partner.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

We need a KEITH or DOUGHTY because we don't have a Norris quality, cup winning D! SWEENEY knows what I know so git er' done!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad