All Bruins rumors/proposals: The Long Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Torey Krug aside, I have no idea how this team is going to move the puck out of their own end. Something they already needed to improve upon before the trades. Perhaps the league will permit the Bruins to move the opposing net to the redline.

That or we need another Dman who can competently defend and move the puck effciently. Not easy to find unless you're willing to give something of value up.

So, Sweeney can't be done.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Very fair deal for the Stars. More or less got Sharp and a great prospect in Johns for Garbutt. I thought he was going to get more.

Maybe that brings the price down for Ehrhoff/Franson. Floodgates might open now.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Torey Krug aside, I have no idea how this team is going to move the puck out of their own end. Something they already needed to improve upon before the trades. Perhaps the league will permit the Bruins to move the opposing net to the redline.

That or we need another Dman who can competently defend and move the puck effciently. Not easy to find unless you're willing to give something of value up.

So, Sweeney can't be done.

Shouldn't be too long, though.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Decent deal for the Stars, but am I the only one who doesn't really think Oduya is all that good? This kind of reminds me of the Andy Ference sweepstakes.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Decent deal for the Stars, but am I the only one who doesn't really think Oduya is all that good? This kind of reminds me of the Andy Ference sweepstakes.

He's a good defenseman, but he's a top-4 defenseman and not much more. 3.75m for him is a good deal, he'll play for what he's worth but a lot of people think he's the savior to a brutal Stars defense... If anything he replaces Daley.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
We have the term on the Oduya deal, do we have the value?

That'll give us a sense of what Franson/Bruins may be wrestling over.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
I think Franson would be a plus for us....there really isn't much else out there and we seriously need to upgrade the D.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Calgary fans asking for a 2nd line LW

Would an Eriksson for Brodie swap work?

There's no way one year of Eriksson gets you a young #3/#2 D signed relatively long term at a bargain price. Plus, Calgary fans seem to think they're better than everyone now that they're not cellar dwellars.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
thanks, didn't see that.

Okay, so 3.75m for two years.

I bet Franson must be looking for 4-5m over three or four years. Also bet he will probably will sign for 4.5m for four years, or just under 5m for three.

I'd give Franson 4x4

Sounds fair. Contract stability for Cody plus he's be a UFA at age 31 where he can than sign somewhere at an even better contract $ wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad